Midnight's Song Discussion Forum
A place to trade insights, quips, and critiques with the author of Midnight's Song.This novel is very much a work in progress, and I'm curious to hear your input.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Reiku Hiteruo
It's something of a quandary:

I know nothing about guns, and yet I'm writing a story where most of the characters carry them.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to point out any glaring (and not so glaring) gun-fact errors I make in Midnight's Song.

Here, I'll give you a head start: In Chapter 4: Third Degree Burns the main character finds a Glock 20 handgun and comments: "The black hued steel is cold in my hand as we creep through the darkness."

Problem is, I just found out that Glocks aren't made out of metal--steel or otherwise.

Sorry 'bout that.

[edit]

Fixed it--now it's an unspecified model of Beretta. Probably some future model that hasn't been built yet, since I can't find mention of any existing Beretta that uses a 20-round magazine. (This comes up in a later chapter.)

Ah the advantages of setting your story 40 years in the future.

[end edit]

7/13/2007 . Edited 7/15/2007 #1
Forum Moderators: Reiku Hiteruo
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member