Universal Historical Fiction
An open forum for anyone who post their stories in the Historical section of FictionPress. Post story ideas, advertise your story, discuss history or anything else that may come up with a Historical Story.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
The One True Koneko
I'm working on a story that I hope one day to actually publish. It's called Pearl Pomance and it's about the unlikely relationship between an American girl and a Japanese pilot who was downed during the attack on Pearl Harbor. My only problem is that I don't know how to start, but I'm sure that will come to me eventually. In the meantime I'm open to ideas on battle scenes and such.
8/12/2007 #1
Rey G
What I would do is start from the middle, like for example the American cand incounter the Japanese Pilot in prison or in intregation. Then I would go in to detail the back stories of both characters. Well thats just me! But believe me there are several ways to start a story like that...
9/10/2007 #2
The One True Koneko
Gah! Sorry it took so long for me to read your reply! I'm really glad somebody did answer my query. Thanks for the advice; I'll be sure to try it!
10/5/2007 #3
Screaming Dean
How ever you write this, you should keep in mind that the Japanese did not like to be captured. They'd rather be killed than be a prisoner. If the pilot gets captured you should explain why he doesn't want to kill himself or doesn't feel as if he's dishonored. Maybe the girl who falls in love with him changes his mind somehow but you'll have to explain that.
11/30/2007 #4
The One True Koneko
A simple explanation... that's what I need. How about he was unconscious when they found him?
12/5/2007 #5
OrchardMountain

Start with a love scene, and have all that history come in as flashbacks and memories or folks tellign stories at family gatherings, weddings, etc...

6/18/2008 #6
DaCivilWarBear

Start with the bombing itself, both from the girl's POV and the pilot's.

7/7/2008 #7
Forum Moderators: Rey G
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member