Haiku Purists
Are you a serious writer of haiku? Come in and share your stories and opinions!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
MindoroInk

Hello, poets!

I just wanted to extend an invitation to participate in a poetry contest I'm hosting. It's in its very early stages and I don't know what sort of prize support I'll be offering other than publication in a poetry compilation. I am in the middle of getting together a website with information, but that won't be finished for another week or so.

I especially wanted to post my invitation here because I'm very interested in having haiku in the contest. This is partially because I love haiku and partially because of the theme: "The Sakura Tree: Every poem is a blossom--unique, beautiful, and rare--and the book, the tree upon which each is displayed."

Contest Outline--as I understand it right now: The title of the contest is "The Sakura Tree," which will also be the name of the poetry book published. The theme, as you might have guessed, is sakura--Japanese cherry trees. Your poem can be about the tree, the blossom, or whatever you feel inspired to write when you see or think of these beautiful flowers. Anyone who wants to enter can submit up to 5 poems by email to me. The poems will be judged by a blind panel of three people. Scheduled prize support, aside from publication of selected poems, is free copies of "The Sakura Tree" to a certain number of finalists. There will be something extra special for the grand prize winner, but I don't know what that will be yet. Probably a gift certificate, or something. The tentative deadline is September 31st. This may change, but I find it unlikely.

To enter: send me an email with your poems in the body of the email. I would appreacite your real name being included in the email, and for the entries to be sent from an email address at which I will be able to get a hold of you when the contest is finished.

Any questions can be sent to me either in a message here or through my email. I'll be updating my profile with more information as I get the website ready and solidfy the details. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

7/12/2009 #1
Forum Moderators: Bitter Irony
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member