NewBorn Stories
Have a story that you just started and want to show the world? Or do you simply need more reviews? Show off your newborn stories here!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Melissa Glasser

I have about 90 pages completeted in my novel. At first I was writing it with two main characters where one was giving background on events and the other was telling about what was happening in present day. This was done so that at the end of the novel you see that the first protagonist is actually writing in his own book that the second protagonist finds. This may soundconfusing now But basically the storycomes full circle. I've been reading books on publishing novels and it states that you can't start a novel with a discription. Which is what I've basically done. So Should I abandon the discription/ background pieces and havethem both tell the story and work background into their narration( and at the end I can see if it comes full circle) or stick with myoriginal idea ( which I'mworried may become boring with thediscription/background stuff even though they are well written and thought provoking)

7/30/2012 #1
Forum Moderators: NightOfAThousandNightmares
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member