The Reviewing Crusade
Join the crusade to make fictionpress a happier place with more reviews!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
MysteriousFire

So what exactly is this crusade I'm talking about?

Here is the thing: FictionPress is out of balance. The majority of people on here want to post their stories, find readers, get reviews. But, as I've experienced, it can be very discouraging to post a new story with great excitement and then wait a day or two for the first review to show up.

The problem however is in the getting. You want to GET reviews. Then why not GIVE them to others? For some people this might seem counterintuitive. But I noticed that when you review stories, the authors will want to send you a thank you pm or return the favour and thus end up on your profile and possibly read one of your stories.

If you are uninterested by now and thinking about leaving, let me just tell you this:

Give first. Then you will get.

Remember this in almost every aspect of your life, because it's nearly always true. Now you are free to leave.

If you are still here however, let me tell you how this crusade works.

Whenever you (a) post a new story or chapter, (b) receive a review or (c) if you want in both cases, you review a story in the "Just In" section. Short, long, no reviews, some reviews already, it doesn't matter. Just pass on the love you got or expect. That's it.

You can get started now! However, I would like to very nicely ask you to spread this message. Spread the love. Get people to join this crusade. The more people join, the happier this place will be.

If you want, copy this line to your profile: "I promise to read and review a story in the "Just In" section for every review I get.". Only if you want. Links to this forum are also much appreciated. :)

Second, there is no real mechanism to join forums. Thus, to boost this forum in the forum list, reply to the topic "I'm in", to claim that you're in.

Enough advertising. Go on, go reviewing some stories! :D

6/17/2015 . Edited 8/16/2015 #1
Forum Moderators: MysteriousFire
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member