Spider's Web
Clever name eh? Okay a forum basically to discuss your own work and others and have an aimless chat about stuff. So get Inspired, everyone's welcome!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
InspiredSpider
Yeah I know it's a corny way to start this forum but I'm interested to know. What makes you think, "wow! that's why I want to write!" For me it's the fact that whenever I read a good story/novel, not only will I dedicate hours (I know I'm sad) researching the author and the book, but I get this nagging feeling that I need to write a book, and it pulls and pulls away at me. The amount of books I've read... I should be able to write anything, but alas, I can't. Anyway, tell me about YOU. I doubt I'll get any response, but it would be nice... :D
10/21/2006 #1
Random Shy Girl
What inspires me the most is when I hear or read about someone getting through a tough experience. Whenever I find out about someone getting their heart broken, or someone in remission after having battled cancer for many years, or simply someone getting their dream job after being unemployed for awhile, it makes me wonder what it would be like to be in that person's shoes. Then I will rush to my notebook and jot down ideas about how I might feel should I ever be in such a predicament and what my opinion is on the situation. Then I try and figure out how to fictionalize it. Usually the story is pretty terrible, but sometimes I actually wind up with something good. :)

I agree with you, though, about how reading can sometimes inspire you. I too enjoy researching authors and the book after impressing myself with a novel, so you aren't alone. :)

Random Shy Girl

10/21/2006 #2
raegunonaplane
Lots of things inspire me. Music is a really strong one, for me. If the song is emotional and stands out, I suddenly think, 'This would be a good story.' Or other stories, if I reverse the thinking and turn it around. Another is just sitting around, watching things and thinking about stories as to why something does that.

Snort. I'm just inspired by beautiful, lovely things I guess. :D

10/21/2006 #3
MokikaStyle
I get inspired when a book really plants an impression in my mind for instance if it makes me cry or wish the characters were real.
10/22/2006 #4
InspiredSpider
Beautiful lovely things! Me too... sometimes the best writers aren't the ones with the elaborate or extensive plot, but the soft, emotional attention to detail. That's what I really want to work in my own fiction but I get carried away with the story and forget about my writing style. But I try to capture these things in my poetry... if you want to check it out... (hint hint- hey free advertising, why waste it lol)
10/22/2006 #5
Serriph
Nearly anything around me can inspire me, from sounds, music, or even phrases I heard. Once, an ambulance driving by my window inspired the plot for an entire chapter in a story of mine. Sometimes, the smallest things can cause the most complex ideas to form in this dusty old brain of mine.
10/22/2006 #6
MokikaStyle
No matter how elaborate the plot if I feel no emotion to the characters I WON'T like the story
10/22/2006 #7
This Account is Abandoned
I sometines come up with a character I want to write about, but it's usually pretty random. It might be a vague plot that just pops into my head or a scene that I just HAVE to write.

Writing styles also influence me and I can get the urge to write a story because I want to convey a certain feeling.

10/25/2006 #8
Repmet
Honestly, I get inspired by the most random things. Sometimes if you watch some one doing a simple action, like eating their lunch, and makes a whole story out of itself. Like, you start to think the diffrent ways someone would preform and action and why. What it means, what's they're story. I like sappy love mvoies and think 'I wish we could all have that' and I hear amazing stories of overcomming obsticals and think 'that should be remebered'. But yeah...that's what inspires me.
10/25/2006 . Edited 10/25/2006 #9
The Egg
I can find inspiration in...well, anything, I guess.

Like watching people drive by in cars, or someone reading in a library. Or even in Fictionpress, where names have no faces and if they do, it's a lie. Science class also inspires me, even though I'm failing it. I can just sort of think of certain characters when the teacher is describing cell membranes or Oort clouds or Indigneous rocks.

Bad books inspire me just as much as good ones. It makes me think about the reasoning behind every action, "WHY on Earth did (author's name here) think that (character's name here) would react like that?!". You know, that sort of thing. Good reviews also inspire me.

10/28/2006 #10
All Alone With Her Thoughts
I have to admit. I really don't know. I just write. I guess sometimes it's my feelings and emotions just wanting to explode and come out. Or I read a line of a book or another poem that makes me think...

Perhaps it's something like that.

11/5/2006 #11
Sexy Vampirechick
I get inspired when something has happened in anyone's life,that I came across.I mostly write stories when a good idea pops right into my head.My hands automatically feels attracted to the computer and I just starts typing.I also get inspire through my dreams,as one of them is becoming an author one day.Reading other people's stories some times give me some ideas on how to improve my writing.

Oh,I'd like to say that I've posted some stories,would you like to check out for..please leave some reviews when you're done.

11/8/2006 #12
I must say I agree.

Some times, I just have no idea what I will be writting when I sit down at my computer. I just let my hands move across the keyboard and write. I let my thoughts flow out and turn themselves into a (hopefully good) piece of writting.

It works, most of the time.

I'll go check out your stuff now.

11/8/2006 #13
N.M. Zenger
Ever since I've been young I've had teachers say I have a talent for writing, which is part of the reason why I started.

The reason I stick with it is because I like being able to think up fun plots and just say "Wow that would look really cool if I wrote that out!" Though I've just technically 'started' with original works, I already know from experience with original roleplays and such that if given the chance, I fall in love with my characters to the point where I have to stick through with them to the end.

I love being able to write about something that really interests me and innovates me to write about.

Usually it'll come from dreams I've had that have been interesting enough for me to want to elaborate on.

11/11/2006 #14
Hmm. No one ever said anything like that to me. But, that's mostly my fault.

Just this year I've starting sharing my stuff to my friends, parents and teachers. I mean, I've been on fictionpress forever, but in real life no one knew I wrote. I think the 12 year old self that I was, was too scared to know what my friends would say about my writings.

*laughs* I remember the first poem I ever showed to a friend. I think it was "Little Sister" - She started freaking out and thought I had some problems. She didn't leave me alone about commiting suicide for ages....I think, two years later, I finally convinced her I'm NOT going to do that. Oh well.

I try to write on my dreams, but I think I only have one thing up here that's on a dream. I never can remember mine, which annoys me quite a bit.

11/11/2006 #15
Royal Bliss
Observing other people inspire me: Today I was at the store and there was this guy in front of me was joking around with his friend and then he quickly turned around and unintentionally scared the hell out of me. Because his right eye was kind of stuck looking up while the other could still move. It scared me but I didn't like jump back or look away or anything but I was just thinking "whoaa". Now I kind of want to have a character like that.

Random sayings also...or just some incident that I experience or come across. Greek Mythology is also pretty big on me somehow. Drugs inspire me, it sounds bad but it's true...Music as well. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Or even in Fictionpress, where names have no faces and if they do, it's a lie

That's so damn true more than half of the time. Also do not fall for anyone who gives you their whole life story and COINCIDENTALLY it is "bad as hell". I always laugh when this particular person tells me things because I know they're full of s***. So I prove them wrong on a few things they say in order to get a more elborate and even funnier lie.

11/11/2006 #16
N.M. Zenger
I do try and write from dreams, like I said.

I don't remember them a lot, either.

But as soon as I do; write down on the computer/paper they go.

11/11/2006 #17
That's so damn true more than half of the time. Also do not fall for anyone who gives you their whole life story and COINCIDENTALLY it is "bad as hell". I always laugh when this particular person tells me things because I know they're full of s***. So I prove them wrong on a few things they say in order to get a more elborate and even funnier lie.

So, maybe in some cases, yeah, that's really true. But in some cases there are really people who just write to get away from their life.

But, I know what you mean. I hate those people who are like "my life sucks" and think they're the only ones in the world who have problems. F*** them I say.

11/12/2006 #18
Royal Bliss
But in some cases there are really people who just write to get away from their life.

Yeah I know, but still. I'm a little hesitant when I'm talking to someone. I don't mention much about myself and if they start giving details about themselves I'd stray away from the topic because I don't want to know people's names or anything.

I hate those people who are like "my life sucks" and think they're the only ones in the world who have problems.

Yeah it's annoying...

11/12/2006 #19
The Egg
I hate those people who are like "my life sucks" and think they're the only ones in the world who have problems.

You know what's even WORSE?

When those same people decide to write about it.

(unfortunately, over half the population of mySpace and Livejournal consist of these people, and the other half is all accounts that people forgot about so they don't use them anymore)

11/12/2006 #20
I don't mention much about myself and if they start giving details about themselves I'd stray away from the topic because I don't want to know people's names or anything.

Ah, yes, I agree. Like, I don't mind talking to people on here, but when people ask me my name I give out a fake name (Rowan) and that's what people call me on here. It's not like I would go and tell the world what me real name is or what my age is and where I live and so on. Those people who do that are probably all stalkers in disgues. =D

11/12/2006 #21
You know what's even WORSE?

I beg to differ. I don't really have a problem with it.

Was that an attack on my stuff....???

11/12/2006 #22
Royal Bliss
but when people ask me my name I give out a fake name (Rowan) and that's what people call me on here. It's not like I would go and tell the world what me real name is or what my age is and where I live and so on.

I just give out my tag when people ask for my name. Which is Rab so they call me that. I'll say my age because it's not much of an issue to me. When they ask where I live I'll give out the state or just say chicago even though I don't live in chicago...

Those people who do that are probably all stalkers in disgues

Or just little kids messing around on the internet who need friends desperately. Damn kids.

11/12/2006 #23
I'll say my age because it's not much of an issue to me

Hm. True. I usually just tell people that I'm a teen. Which, in most cases, is good enough for them.

11/12/2006 #24
InspiredSpider
I give my age but I don't think it's a big deal (it's even on my profile) i don't think it's a big deal though. I have given my first name before but of course I won't broadcast it. Most people on here call me Spider. So yeah. I'm Spider.

I HATE those "my life sucks" stories, I always try to write about interesting people who don't sit and mope about the world and everything in it. Like my character Nelly from "I'm Nelly and I Hate You" is SUPPOSED to be satirical if I ever get around to updating it, I'll try and fix it. I'm dangerously overdue for updates (eeks)

11/13/2006 #25
Royal Bliss
I HATE those "my life sucks" stories, I always try to write about interesting people who don't sit and mope about the world and everything in it. Like my character Nelly from "I'm Nelly and I Hate You" is SUPPOSED to be satirical if I ever get around to updating it, I'll try and fix it. I'm dangerously overdue for updates (eeks)

Ahh I hate those too! They're everywhere though. I like making my characters seem as real as they possibly can. Makes the story more interesting. That's a cool title.

11/13/2006 #26
Hunter Victoria
Music, life, anger, pain, fear, colors, or a character i came up with usualy influence my stories.

I usually spend hours devoping a character and then a story line comes to me involving said character and I go from there.

xoxox

AngelicScars

11/23/2006 #27
BrokenWingsRedemption
It's usually just a random thought that occurrs to me, and I think; wow, I'm gonna write something about that. I know it makes it sound so simple, it kind of just comes out of the blue.

xoxo

11/30/2006 #28
Greenladie
I get inspired in the shower. No idea why, but my best ideas come to me in the shower.

However, most of my plots and some of my characters come from my dreams. Not goals in life, but actual sleeping dreams. Most of the time I remember them and I just think to myself, "Damn, that was bizarre... I should write a bok about it!" I have half a novel that not up here that came about that way, and also my character Justin from "When Life Gives You Lemons" came that way. It's a little weird, because I feel like the stories aren't actually mine becasue they came to me in a dream. They come prepackaged and ready made.

12/24/2006 #29
Black Feather Quill
What inspires me is when my mind wanders around, just going nowhere. Soon, I pull something outta my hat. It just happens, honestly. :)
2/6/2007 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: InspiredSpider
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member