Spider's Web
Clever name eh? Okay a forum basically to discuss your own work and others and have an aimless chat about stuff. So get Inspired, everyone's welcome!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3
KayBressi

For some reason, I often get bored with what I'm writing. I'm in the middle of writing a Fanfic, and I think this is the first time I haven't gotten bored and just thrown it away. I don't have trouble with finding the inspiration, but keeping it. It really bothers me, because I really want to write something of my own. Yet, I haven't been able to stick with it.

8/10/2008 #61
FirstBloom13

mine... it's random. usually own experiences or fantasies twisted into somthing bigger and better, I guess :p

8/16/2008 #62
Somethings-r-better

i draw as well but they all come out wrong, so i just write about it. most of my inspiration comes from my random doodles or starts of a story that i come up with in math class. of course my two friends then steal the paper and criticize me until i get mad at them. i, for some reason, get inspired the most when i wake up freaked out by a dream or a thunder storm. i just grab a notebook, a pen and i write, sometimes for hours, sometimes til morning, or sometimes for five minutes. it always depends on what i feel like.

6/20/2009 #63
Gloria Jaie

I find inspiration in the most unexpected places. Sometimes I'll just be sitting in class listening to a lecture and something the professor says just catches in my mind, and I think, "That would make a wonderful story." Or when I'm reading a book, sometimes one sentence will set my mind thinking and my imagination sets to work on its own, creating a situation totally different from what I was reading but interesting nonetheless. I find that the best way to receive inspiration is to let it just hit you all of a sudden instead of looking for it. And oftentimes, the stories that were inspired in an unexpected manner turn out to be the best ones. :D

7/13/2009 #64
matt.harper

"the stories that were inspired in an unexpected manner turn out to be the best ones"

I agree. I have just begun a new story myself, for which the original idea started in a very odd manner. Whether or not it will turn out to be one of the best ones, i'll just have to wait and see i suppose, but i often find that i draw inspiration from some very strange places.

9/13/2010 #65
RisanF

Inspiration comes from music, movies, games, and books, usually with a proclamation of "Hey, I wanna do that! But maybe with a little tweak here and there..." Sometimes it might be a little vague, though, like a memory from my childhood.

Phych Masters is inspired by Mega Man-style underdog heroes and a bunch of stuff Playstation era RPGs like Final Fantasy VII and Breath of Fire III.

Different and Cool comes from my longtime frustration with "She's All That" makeover stories where the nerdy heroine always loses her glasses and her uniqueness at the end of the story. It's a mish-mash of a bunch of adolescent school stories, along with some other bits and pieces I threw in.

Rematch! is based on some sentiments for the 1980s, from the types of characters that appeared on TV shows back then, to the characters' interests and hobbies. I pulled some inspiration from Wii Punch-Out!! (also '80s inspired).

12/8/2010 #66
A Fire Rose

Often when I read really pretty description, or there is something about the characters or plot that is unique in a way I never thought of.

9/25/2011 #67
Krystal Rock

I get inspired when I read or hear something then go into lala land about a scenrio (for music) and/or the chacters emotions. Then, I get inspired to write stories. Music is always very inspirational inmy books. If i'm listening to Far away from home by Five Finger Deat Punch for instance, I want to write a Militart Tribute type story.

10/30/2011 #68
« Prev Page 1 .. 3
Forum Moderators: InspiredSpider
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member