Spider's Web
Clever name eh? Okay a forum basically to discuss your own work and others and have an aimless chat about stuff. So get Inspired, everyone's welcome!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
luverly.lufy

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else did it this year. If you don't know what is, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and it takes place in November each year. And the thing is that you're supposed to write a 50 000 word (or more) novel in one month. Utterly insane, I know. But that's how we writers roll :D

I did it, and I actually reached 50 000 even though I didn't finish my novel yet (almost done though!). So if you attempted, please feel free to post your story synopsis, or plan, your experience, and--if you have it up--your novel! I would love you read some! My story is genre YA, and it's called Winslow. I should be starting to put it up starting '09.

Synopsis:

Sixteen going on seventeen Lyla Bellwood--witty, reserved, a horrrible non-driver, and definitely a dreamer--grew up in a carnival; literally. Her family owns a traveling carnival and they're always on the road. But all Lyla ever wanted was to have a normal life; to have friends and a real home. So when her mother suddenly announced that the whole family was going back to Winslow (Lyla's birth place) for the summer, it was big news for Lyla. Lyla's been back to Winslow exactly two times in her life, and she didn't expect this stay to be any different than the others. But she was wrong. There Lyla discovers clues to many of the mysteries in her life; her mother's past, why her father left them one day leaving nothing behind, her sister's adoption, and then there's Max, Lyla's only childhood friend. Max was definitely not who Lyla had thought he was.

Lyla always thought that to solve mysteries, you have to stay in one place, and take a look at the whole picture. But by the end of the summer she discovers that some mysteries required you to dig, travel, and go places that you've never dared to go before.

12/7/2008 #1
Indie Tangles

Congrats!!

I only made it to around 25 000 this year, but I'm still rather proud of it. I'm actually taking a break from it right now, but apparently I can't get far, because The Sunflower (what I'm working on currently) is set in the same universe. (: Kind of exploring the future of a minor(ish) character. xD NaNo is like a ball and chain. I can't even believe it's only been a month since it ended.

The summary of your NaNo sounds fun! I can't wait till you start to post it. (:

12/24/2008 #2
You-Can't-Catch-Me

I did NaNoWriMo 2007 and 2008. My first attempt was pathetic, reaching about 9,000 words, but during my second attempt, I got past 25,000 but didn't finish. I'm in the process of editing and finishing my 2008 one, and I'm really excited! I've got two chapters up so far. Here's a synopsis for it:

Georgianna Mayfair, called George by friends, just wants to lead a normal life as a high school sophomore, but, with a group of quirky friends, two parents with jobs that require long hours, and a half-brother that can barely even talk, things aren’t going so well. And not to mention that her dad died when she was in the fourth grade.

However, any degree of normality in George’s life will soon disappear. When she moves into a new – well, not so new, seeing as it was built in 1902 – house, one weird thing after another starts happening: strange noises in the middle of the night, random objects being moved when she hadn’t moved them, and finally, things levitating.

Soon enough, George figures out that the house is haunted. The restless spirit – a girl about George’s age – is unable to speak, other than the occasional ghostly m***. Understandably, both girls want the other out of “her” house. When George decides to take matters into her own hands, she discovers something that could change her life…or end it.

It's the only story I have up right now, and it doesn't have any reviews! How sad...I think it's a good story.

But anyway, despite the insanity, I'm definitely doing NaNoWriMo next year...if I can think of a plot.

1/22/2009 . Edited 1/22/2009 #3
luverly.lufy

Congrats on half way through :) Yes, what you end up finishing is surprising. I mean, I never thought I would finish this story till all my others are done; I actually thought I wasn't going to finish anything at all. haha. I think I might start posting it later since I read back, and some parts make me wonder what the hell I was thinking. Hopefully I'll be content after a few changed. Good luck on your stories.

1/26/2009 #4
Forum Moderators: InspiredSpider
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member