A Ronin Sacrifice
We lose someone precious to us that led us into a life of spirals and isolation. Consistently on the run from the ones we once called, our brothers and sisters. We saw the world for what it could be but our perception and naive fashion had let us astray from what it actually was. Could a Ronin like us ever find the things we love again? or will we accept our fate to be dead in the world of isolation? This is what a Ronin is and always will be, a warrior destined to be alone. (HIATUS)
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Austin Loudin

We lay low my love.

12/2/2017 . Edited 12/3/2017 #1
Autobot Skyflame

Will a shattered blade be reforged in new honor?

12/2/2017 #2
Austin Loudin

Are you willing to burn in the forge to reclaim said honor?

12/2/2017 . Edited 12/2/2017 #3
Autobot Skyflame

It was through my failure to perform seppuku that it was broken, if I am committed to living then I must do this even if I must pass through the Yomi-no-kuni in order to do so.

12/3/2017 #4
Autobot Skyflame

I am afraid that I couldn't quite understand the story. Who is who, who is running from who, who killed who, and who are we?

(Also the plural form of samurai and ninja is just samurai and ninja)

12/3/2017 . Edited 12/3/2017 #5
Austin Loudin

Thank you for informing me. I was up late a night writing this.

EDIT: Edited the Overview.

12/3/2017 . Edited 12/3/2017 #6
werewolf36

I'm gonna be honest... I didn't understand half of the overview....

12/3/2017 #7
Autobot Skyflame

I understand that we are the Mortal Demons, but who exactly are the mortal demons? Were they a samurai group? Did they kill people? I am afraid I still don't understand.

12/3/2017 #8
werewolf36

I just assumed they were samurai wielding swords that had been possessed by demons and slowly corrupted.

Given I know little of Feudal Japanese culture, I'm probably incredibly wrong.

12/3/2017 #9
Austin Loudin

@werewolf36

I was going for that actually. I hate writing at late at night because I get everything incredibly wrong when I'm tired and fix it the next day.

@Autobot Skyflame

Yes, they were a samurai group evoked to demons. They carried out tasks to complete even if it means killing the demon harboring the body of a human. The Mortal Demons were framed with killing dozens of innocents, their Sensei and the wife of the Emperor.

12/3/2017 . Edited 12/3/2017 #10
Autobot Skyflame

Aside from the misunderstanding of the story, what kind of weapons can you have? Is it just the standard katana or is it any Japanese weapon, like the naginata?

Also, is what it is saying that this is a world where the samurai class was not disbanded? I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that after some war a faction attempted a restoration that took power away from the samurai.

12/3/2017 #11
Autobot Skyflame

Demons harboring the body of a human? I am more confused, how about you just give a explaination on who they are, what their goal is, and what they do?

12/3/2017 #12
werewolf36

Sounds awesome. I do hope you'll forgive my lack of knowledge regarding... well, everything to do with this. I'm more knowledgeable about Europe than Asia.

12/3/2017 #13
werewolf36

Sky: You're right about the war. Some time after America made contact with Japan, they were attempting to modernize, and this modernization took away many of the benefits of the samurai. One such benefit was the fact that only they were allowed to wield weapons and fight, that they were above the law, etc. This eventually culminated in a war that the samurai lost handily.

12/3/2017 #14
Austin Loudin

@Autobot Skyflame

I'll just do it here. Yes you can have any weapons in the 18th century era. Some Ronins used two katana at their sides to strike and some used staffs.

The Mortal Demons were tasked of killing demons. The demons may harbor in a humans body and therefore must be slain. There are different sets of demons that set across the land ultimately the seven deadly sin. Each sin is a faction in the world. No the samurai weren't disbanded yet.

The Mortal Demons are you, their task is to kill demons and their goal is to rid of the demons while being a demon themselves. Ironic.

12/3/2017 #15
Autobot Skyflame

Fight fire with fire huh.

So this is a world were things remained the way the were in the feudal era and there are demons that posses people. We are the ones who protect the world from the demons by becoming demons ourselves. Then we got framed for the slaughter of innocents and the emperors wife. Is that correct?

12/3/2017 #16
Austin Loudin

Correct. I should've just went with that.

12/3/2017 #17
werewolf36

If that's so, then I feel as though I should ask what demons are 'canon' here, since each culture and religion has their own. For instance, in some cultures demons would literally be unstoppable unless confronted by a holy force, and in others they could be defeated with a blade blessed by a priest.

12/3/2017 #18
Autobot Skyflame

Demons in Asian culture are far different than the ones in western culture. Unlike the western cultures servants of the devil the asian demons were more like spirits and beasts.

If I might ask, why only one character? I will not argue against it, I was simply curious.

12/3/2017 . Edited 12/3/2017 #19
werewolf36

I know that. That's why I asked what the limitations were on demons. It'll be interesting if anything goes.

12/3/2017 #20
Austin Loudin

@Autobot Skyflame

I'll increase it to two, it was due to poor decisions. Kidding, actually I was thinking of how many people are joining.

@werewolf36

I rather have it at anything goes for demons. This isn't the actual Feudal Japan in the 18th century.

12/3/2017 #21
werewolf36

Good to know. Mow, time to put myself on a watch list by researching demons. XD

12/3/2017 #22
Autobot Skyflame

You don't have to increase it if you had a plan for that.

So then, I was only barely educated in the basics of what happened in the feudal era. Now I guess i have a new world to learn

12/3/2017 #23
werewolf36

One thing still isn't clear. The demon person, do they still retain their personality and control, or do the demons use them as a conduit for control?

12/3/2017 #24
Austin Loudin

Demons use them and manipulate them.

12/3/2017 #25
werewolf36

So they're basically possessed then, got it.

12/3/2017 #26
Austin Loudin

Anyone wants to be the new leader of The Mortal Demons?

12/3/2017 #27
werewolf36

If no one else wants to, I'd be willing to do it.

12/3/2017 #28
Autobot Skyflame

I have no objection

12/3/2017 #29
Austin Loudin

@werewolf36

You are the new leader of The Mortal Demons. :)

12/3/2017 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Austin Loudin
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member