The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

Motto of USA - never be average, son! :D

9/5/2009 #631
Zombiesaurus Rex

Seriously though. A ton of states teach Absitenence Only Sex-ed, and there's pretty strong research to suggest that that program is strongly correlated with higher rates of teenage pregnancy and STDs. It's all tied up with the religious bullshit we've got going on.

9/5/2009 #632
Zombiesaurus Rex

And our Drivers Ed is shit, too. As my being hit by a car recently can testify to ...

9/5/2009 #633
Denizen47

And Health.

9/5/2009 #634
deefective

Guns and Sex are two things the US really needs to sort out. We're really fucked up on both those issues.

+1. Especially with abortion. DUN KILL BABIES BUT HERE TAKE THIS GUN THAT YOU COULD USE TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE. BUT NOT BABIES.

9/5/2009 #635
Zombiesaurus Rex

And Health.

Don't even get me started on that. Our health in the country is terrible.

9/5/2009 #636
katietheunicorn

Today...I feel like a retard. Again.

Dude, I can't even walk straight. (No, I was not partying, don't ask...)

9/5/2009 #637
Fractured Illusion

It is kinda mean and each-man-to-his-own XD

From my perspective of course

9/5/2009 #638
Zombiesaurus Rex

+1. Especially with abortion. DUN KILL BABIES BUT HERE TAKE THIS GUN THAT YOU COULD USE TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE. BUT NOT BABIES.

I would be willing to let that one slide without accusations of hypocrisy if the people screaming about it would actually do something to try and get our gun crime rates down. As is, they're a big bunch of fuckin' hypocrites.

9/5/2009 #639
Fractured Illusion

Hey katie, whose nickname I forgot!

9/5/2009 #640
Fractured Illusion

fuuuck i hate reading in danish D=

*goes to google*

9/5/2009 #641
deefective

I almost don't believe the whole debate going on with Obama wanting to start a health care reform. I was watching some coverage of it on the news and this woman comes up and basically says "I don't want a health care reform because that means illegal immigrants get health care and I would rather not get health care than an illegal immigrant get it." Not only was that statement completely wrong but it just shows how much propaganda has been spread around.

9/5/2009 . Edited 9/5/2009 #642
katietheunicorn

Guns and Sex are two things the US really needs to sort out. We're really fucked up on both those issues.

The first commandment is:

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Naturally, I believe this extends to killing people of any kind. I don't believe in abortion or war.

There is no:

"THOU SHALT NOT KILL......except in these circumstances, and under these conditions..."

9/5/2009 #643
Zombiesaurus Rex

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Given I was raised Baptist, I'm obligated to point out that you are wrong. The Commandment you're thinking of is THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT MURDER.

9/5/2009 . Edited 9/5/2009 #644
Zombiesaurus Rex

On a related note, the First Commandment is THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

9/5/2009 #645
Fractured Illusion

"THOU SHALT NOT KILL......except in these circumstances, and under these conditions..."

XD

as a law student I have to say - every rule has an exception :D sometimes exceptions have exceptions. fun fun!

how about self-defense??? i am ot familiar with the bible's standpoint there

9/5/2009 #646
deefective

@Katie: I can see your point but when you bring religion into things, everything just gets muddled. Why is it that the religion that the laws are founded on has to be Christianity? Why can't it be Islam? Why can't it be based on Atheism?

9/5/2009 . Edited 9/5/2009 #647
Tekla

if we're going to have another religious debate, I'm going to jump back in.

9/5/2009 #648
Fractured Illusion

On a related note, the First Commandment is THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

ahaha, starting with the most self serving first XD

9/5/2009 #649
Zombiesaurus Rex

@Katie

Bible Knowledges. Get you some before you make an Biblical argument.

9/5/2009 #650
katietheunicorn

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Given I was raised Baptist, I'm obligated to point out that you are wrong. The First Commandment is THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT MURDER.

Killing is murder. Murder is killing people. I do not believe in killing people. Humans are murderers if they kill another person, no matter the reason.

And I am a Mysticist. I am not an orthodox Christian so don't you dare get all "stupid hypocrite Christian" on me.

9/5/2009 #651
Tekla

mrawr.

9/5/2009 #652
Fractured Illusion

@Katie: I can see your point but when you bring religion into things, everything just gets muddled. Why is it that the religion that the laws are founded on has to be Christianity? Why can't it be Islam? Why can't it be based on Atheism?

There is no good answer to that. Religion and politics should be as separate as possible. Then if people want to follow their religious convictions, ie, NOT get a gun, and NOT get an abortion - that is fine, but they should not force their choices on others.

9/5/2009 #653
Fractured Illusion

Bible Knowledges. Get you some before you make an Biblical argument.

Klug smart!

9/5/2009 #654
Nicki BluIs

aww... phone call made me miss the last page :(

9/5/2009 #655
Fractured Illusion

I hate phone calls.

9/5/2009 #656
Nicki BluIs

oooo and i walked into a religion debate yes?

9/5/2009 #657
Zombiesaurus Rex

Killing is murder. Murder is killing people. I do not believe in killing people. Humans are murderers if they kill another person, no matter the reason.

Traditionally, the definition of murder has been killing which is not permitted by law. Even God commands people to kill others in the Old Testament.

9/5/2009 #658
Denizen47

Katie got pwned.

On Health - I saw a woman on Fox News or something say "If Stephen Hawking was British and with the NHS he would've died a long time ago."

He is British, and has said many times that he owes his life to the NHS.

9/5/2009 #659
Tekla

And I am a Mysticist. I am not an orthodox Christian so don't you dare get all "stupid hypocrite Christian" on me.

WHOA.

what's a mysticist?

9/5/2009 #660
« Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member