The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »
Otseis Ragnarok
How about you set up a poll for this?

Yes/No for the new RG?

Also, what do we call it?

3/17/2008 #661
Fractured Illusion
And how do people know who they can review? Because there is only a list; and they can choose freely. What if they already chose someone that has been chosen already?
3/17/2008 #662
Fractured Illusion
I wont set up a poll until you make a collected Suggestion post about all these things you have brought up. I was just about to ask you.

I was tihking of starting a new thing with the poll; I will refer to a specific post number where the exact suggestion will lie. So please make such a post

The Review Tag sounds fine, in my op

3/17/2008 #663
Otseis Ragnarok
Yeah, but how do us mods know who reviewed who, if someone got a review or not?

Well, this is a forum, so why not just post when you do?

What do we do if they are absent for days?

Well, I don't know about that one...

Well, we could just ignore them, or maybe get some other input for how to deal with absentees...

3/17/2008 #664
Otseis Ragnarok
So... collected suggestion?

A second review game.

Review tag. A group of people sign up. The first person reviews one of the others, and the next person has to review another person. it goes on until the last reviews the first...

Did I do that right?

EDIT(thanks a lot, Mini-teeny):

- What/How do we punish them?

... I think the punishment could be being banned from the forum for let's say 3 days or something?

I think getting a list of 10 ppl and then choosing whomever you want from there that hasn't been reviewed is fair. With the whole editting posts thing... I think the best way to do it is The first person makes a main post with the 10 ppl and then like in RM the ppl post I reviewed so and so. Then so and so can go look at the list see who is on it and scroll down to see who has already been reviewed. It's only 10 ppl so that shouldn't be hard.

- So when a person is absent, a new one kicks in. Then when absent person return, they review that person that had to do it for them.

- What about when the amount of people (ie 10) doesn't sign up? What then?

... I would start the topic and leave it open for a few days and if you don't get 10 ppl then start with whatever number you have. The game will just be shorter... it's not a big deal.

- What do we do when someone doesn't review according to review standards (whatever they may be)?

Make them rereview the person they were supposed to review. Either a different piece, or another chapter of the same one...

Once again, I'd like to thank Mini-teeny for her amazing ideas and help.

3/17/2008 . Edited 3/17/2008 #665
Fractured Illusion
So how do we get a tag list? Where do they sign up? When do we close the list (because we have to, since the first person wont get a review otherwise)

Well, I don't know about that one...

:o

But you have to bring me das answers!

Ignore them? How do we do that withouht damaging the tagging?

3/17/2008 #666
Fractured Illusion
Okay, I edited in the poll. Should show up soon :P

also, what do we do when the list is over?

should we have a max number on the list?

3/17/2008 . Edited 3/17/2008 #667
Fractured Illusion
Oh! I just thought of something to make clear in your collected sug post: say that they who play tag can choose WHOMEVER they wanna review.

its only one review to give also, right?

3/17/2008 #668
Imalefty
OKAY! i'm here. XD

so here's what i'm getting.

a group of people sign up - A, B, C, D, E, and F, let's say.

since person A signed up first, he/she reviews one of the people of his/her choice. then, on the topic, person A posts:

"I reviewed person E's 'story.'"

then person E is obliged to review someone else on the list. let's say E reviews D, then D reviews B, then B reviews C, then C reviews F, and F is required to review A. that way, everyone has gotten a review. i think that the best way to "mod" it would be to require the people to make a post saying who's story they reviewed. also, it would be easiest if the mods edited the list of people, saying who's been reviewed and who hasn't so that people can keep up with the tag.

am i making sense so far?

after everyone's been reviewed, we make a new list and go again.

this could be done in the different categories, even in multi-chap, i think... (that would require a set amount of chapters or something). i think it could possibly work. :)

-Lefty

3/17/2008 #669
Imalefty
as for when we close the list... why don't we cap it at a certain number of people? make it a nice round number... like 10. XD once everyone's signed up, we can start the tag.

-Lefty

3/17/2008 #670
Fractured Illusion
It would be fun if, in the reviews, the players began with "Tag - you're it!" or something. Har har.

Btw, since it will be stickified, The Review Tag is too similair to the Review Game, especially if both are to have easy fix and such. How about a different name? Just... Tag or something?

Tag - Easy Fix etc

Multi? Nope, lefty. The one we have already is slow as it is.

I personally think the list should be no longer than 10. After that amount we close it

My biggest beef about this is the huge DAILY amount of modding this reqiures. Like lefty said: mods have to edit in who on the list has been reviewed etc.

I dont like that. I want an alternative. It is not smooth enough for me as a mod.

And how will we do list+playing?

Post 1-10: We sign up for reviewing

Post 11: I reviewed C, blabla

-when is over someone make a post declaring the list to be finished-

-cue in other people signing up-

etc etc

???

Like I said only beef I got is that it relies on mods too much what with the first post needing to be edited all the time. This is bad. So you guys have to wait until me and lefty check it out? Nope. Not happening.

Games are to run by themselves. We need to think of how to make this work better

I personally set my foot down for a daily game that goes like this no matter how many yes votes the idea gets.

Yeah. Its THAT serious.

And again:

WHAT DO WE DO IF THE TAGGED PERSON DOESNT REVIEW?!!

3/17/2008 . Edited 3/17/2008 #671
Imalefty
we punish them. i don't know. T_T ONAR! it was YOUR suggestion!

can people delete their own posts? after you tag someone, you could delete your own post.

ooh, you can EDIT your post - at the top, write I HAVE ALREADY BEEN REVIEWED - DO NOT REVIEW ME AGAIN FOR THE TAG or something like that. that way, the mods don't have to do it. :)

-Lefty

3/17/2008 #672
Fractured Illusion
People cant delete their own posts -> mod privlegi

QUESTION:

WHAT ABOUT WHEN 10 PEOPLE WONT SIGN UP? OR WHATEVER NUMBER WE HAVE. WHAT THEN?

I like the they-edit-it-themselves- idea, Would work for me. But can we really TRUST the people to do it? :/

3/17/2008 #673
Fractured Illusion
we punish them. i don't know. T_T ONAR! it was YOUR suggestion!

What if they were just suddenly grounded? What then?

What if their internet "broke"? Or something other unexpected.

Tag is so far too reliant on individuals...

Onar, come back and make it work, damn you.

3/17/2008 . Edited 3/17/2008 #674
Otseis Ragnarok
say that they who play tag can choose WHOMEVER they wanna review.

That's the basic idea...

3/17/2008 #675
Fractured Illusion
That's the basic idea...

Yeah, but you didnt make that clear. Which you need to do if people are going to vote. Your post #665 is supposed to have all the clarity one needs about the Tag

3/17/2008 #676
Otseis Ragnarok
What if they were just suddenly grounded? What then?

well, I didn't really think that far ahead...

How about that person gets skipped over, and we have either he mod or the last person who was "it" do it...

(Sorry for relying so heavily on y'all...)

I really only wanted to introduce the idea... I put it here so that we could iron out the details...

3/17/2008 #677
Otseis Ragnarok
Well, I said "Tag" to imply that...

Sorry if it wasn't clear enough...

I just assumed that everyone knew how tag works, and that you could pick whomever you chose...

3/17/2008 #678
Fractured Illusion
How about that person gets skipped over, and we have either he mod or the last person who was "it" do it...

errr...say what? ^^;

If I get this straight: we skip the absent person over, and a mod or last person does it (whatever "it" means..)

Question:

Should we have Tag for both easy fix and depth? Or should we introduce something new? Like a General where we mix those two or something? I was just thinking about how many topics there'd be :O

And how long does one wait before we skip over an absent person?

RGs move very quickly because they do not rely in indivudals, it relies on a collective. If ie Lefty does not have internet connection; the RG doesnt collapse. But since it relies on individuals, it will naturally go slower than RG...unless the lists are small and are gone through quickly after everyone signed up?

Should we shorten the list for efficiency?

3/17/2008 #679
Fractured Illusion
I just assumed

See, that's where you go wrong.

Everything needs to be clear. Never assume people know how YOUR suggestion works. Spell EVERYTHING out.

3/17/2008 #680
Otseis Ragnarok
If I get this straight: we skip the absent person over, and a mod or last person does it (whatever "it" means..)

Well, "it", you know, like a game of tag...

"You're it!"

Yeah, it...

I guess that was me assuming again... I tend to overestimate people's intellegence...

3/17/2008 #681
Fractured Illusion
I guess that was me assuming again... I tend to overestimate people's intellegence...

Or you overestimate just how clear your sentences are :P

what is a "he mod" anyway?

And why would a MOD do the dirty work?

I still dont think the question was answered...

This is a major problem that needs to be solved.

3/17/2008 #682
Otseis Ragnarok
what is a "he mod" anyway?

Ummm... that was supposed to say "the mod"

I still dont think the question was answered... This is a major problem that needs to be solved.

What is? I posted my idea here to solve these problems, anyway...

3/17/2008 #683
Fractured Illusion
I have asked many questions that needs to be answered through the posts. You have not done this. I will leave now and give you time to do just.

I posted my idea here to solve these problems, anyway...

So the solution is: skip a person, and make a mod review the next person? Or make the one that was last it review AGAIN?

This is too unfair. that is no solution.

3/17/2008 #684
Otseis Ragnarok
If the person who gets tagged doesn't participate within let's say three days (just an example), we punish them (Somehow, I guess we'll need frac's help on that one).

We could also cluster the taggings a little more, almost like a real game of tag.

You can be tagged more than once, but in the interest of fairness, only after all participants have already been tagged.

Also, anyone should be able to jump in and sign up at any time, just as anyone(provided they are not "it") can leave at any time...

It will be like a real game of tag...

and if the person who is "it" happens to be incapacitated for 3 days(still using it as an example)

then we'll simply change "it" to someone who hasn't participated yet. (possibly the newest introductee...)

I'm really trying to decide on that last part... who picks up the slack when someone else falls apart? Any Ideas?

3/17/2008 . Edited 3/17/2008 #685
Fractured Illusion

- If we let someone get tagged more than once, when will we know it will end, and new people can sign up? That is not fair.

- If people can leave and enter at any time, we have no order and the list will be REALLY hard to keep track of. And if it can keep growing for pages and pages, how do we know who is taggable anymore?

- So when a person is absent, a new one kicks in. Then when absent person return, they review that person that had to do it for them? Sounds fine

- Should Tag have Easy Fix and Depth, or just one, or a whole new category?

- Should we shorten the list for efficiency? So it can be done rather quickly from when everyone signed up...

- What do we do when someone doesn't review according to review standards (whatever they may be)?

- Should we rely on people editing their "I sign up" posts saying they have already been tagged, so people will know who to not review?

Answer, please.

My opinion so far is that there are too many holes, and that Tag is not "smooth".

3/17/2008 . Edited 3/17/2008 #686
KnittingKneedle
soo...how is this *that* different from the RG?

I'm all for the idea of random games though and the prizes being reviews from participants...no idea what at the moment though,

writing/ reviewing based competitions might be fun though...once again no idea what, just putting some idea babies out there

3/17/2008 #687
Fractured Illusion
@ting tong - tag

- Differences with RG and Tag is that Tag has a set number of people, and they are specified. It is individual-oriented whereas RG is collective. Tag also gives the option of everyone having the choice to review whomever they want

@ting tong - competition

Another RM sort of deal? I am confused...

Writing competitions is a bit too out there for RG. Not really our area. We do reviews, not writing.

Competitions are fun, though. I just cant think of any that are different than RM. Hiro did once suggest we review all thos of the inner circle, but its not a good idea because of the in-breeding anyway.

3/17/2008 #688
simpleplan13
Answers to Frac's Questions...

... I think the punishment could be being banned from the forum for let's say 3 days or something?

- If we let someone get tagged more than once, when will we know it will end, and new people can sign up? That is not fair. AND If people can leave and enter at any time, we have no order and the list will be REALLY hard to keep track of. And if it can keep growing for pages and pages, how do we know who is taggable anymore?

... I get what Onar is saying about wanting it to be like real tag, but that's not so feasible... I think getting a list of 10 ppl and then choosing whomever you want from there that hasn't been reviewed is fair. With the whole editting posts thing... I think the best way to do it is Frac makes a main post with the 10 ppl (and the first one to sign up is the first it person and who that is) and then like in RG the ppl post I reviewed so and so. Then so and so can go look at the list see who is on it and scroll down to see who has already been reviewed. It's only 10 ppl so that shouldn't be hard.

- So when a person is absent, a new one kicks in. Then when absent person return, they review that person that had to do it for them? Sounds fine

... That wasn't a question, but I agree

- Should Tag have Easy Fix and Depth, or just one, or a whole new category?

...How about an inbetween... 2 likes and whys and 2 dislikes and whys

- Should we shorten the list for efficiency? So it can be done rather quickly from when everyone signed up...

...this confused me... shortened what list?

... I would start the topic and leave it open for a few days and if you don't get 10 ppl then start with whatever number you have. The game will just be shorter... it's not a big deal.

... Make them rereview the person they were supposed to review. Either a different piece or PM more about that piece (though that would require the person being reviewed to PM you Frac and say hey they PMed me more of a review)

3/17/2008 #689
Fractured Illusion

What good will that do if their internet connection is dead or they're grounded?

I think the best way to do it is Frac makes a main post

No.

Mods should not have this big part. In best case scenario the group could be done in a day. A mod moderates and makes sure all is going smoothly. A mod does not serve everything on silver plates.

This post has to be done by the first one to sign up, I think. They will be the group leader, and they will close the group when they see fit (we may decided a minimum number of people they cannot go under, though?)

I suggest that when the group is done, they make a post, saying new tag-groups can start.

...How about an inbetween... 2 likes and whys and 2 dislikes and whys

Sounds good. I support this.

...this confused me... shortened what list?

The list is the list of people signing up for tag.

... I would start the topic and leave it open for a few days

How many days?

... Make them rereview the person they were supposed to review. Either a different piece or PM more about that piece (though that would require the person being reviewed to PM you Frac and say hey they PMed me more of a review)

No PM. I want the review to be up to requirement and official (thus in their review history)

They can re-review, yes.

3/17/2008 #690
« Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member