The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 .. Last Next »
simpleplan13

There are no longer 9 planets because Pluto is no longer a planet.

6/3/2008 #1,171
Fractured Illusion

Off Topic - Pluto Ditched Us!

6/3/2008 #1,172
Hed in the Cloudz

I quite like that one, actually.

6/3/2008 #1,173
Fractured Illusion

Haha, thank you, but I was only joking :p

Then again, so did lefty with the Ten More Til its legal, and look where we are :o

Off Topic - Sinful Upside-down!

(like 999 becomes 666?)

6/3/2008 #1,174
Imalefty

i like the pluto one. XD

-Lefty

6/3/2008 #1,175
Imalefty

Off Topic - Seven Eight It.

O.o that joke was horrible.

-Lefty

6/3/2008 #1,176
Fractured Illusion

I dont get it...

6/3/2008 #1,177
simpleplan13

It's a joke. Why was 7 afraid of 9 because 7 EIGHT 9.

6/3/2008 #1,178
simpleplan13

Btw... I think my favorite is the Pluto one too... lol

6/3/2008 #1,179
Kyllorac

I vote for Pluto!

6/4/2008 #1,180
Hed in the Cloudz

See, joke or no joke, it's a GOOD name! Look at all the people who agree...So THERE! :D

6/5/2008 #1,181
Fractured Illusion

Alright, new off topic will the pluto one.

But

WHAT IS THE NEXT POLL GONNA BE?

or should we just ditch them?

6/5/2008 #1,182
Imalefty

oh snap. i have no idea. T_T

-Lefty

6/5/2008 #1,183
Fractured Illusion

Okay, then I decide!

We're all here because we're writers, more or less. Which of these scenarios would you prefer?

A) Everyday, from nine in the evening to five in the morning, you diligently work on your epic novel/poem collection. It is written in the finest of papers by the sharpest of pens. Many critique groups have already claimed you to be a genius writer. But when you are out of town, a jealous neighbors comes over your nearly finished work, steals it, claims it as his own, finishes it and gets published world-wide. Critiques love him for the complex story yet simple ending. And your lawsuits were all futile. Even MTV ridicules you for wanting to steal the spotlight

etc etc

THINK UP ALTERNATIVES! No longer than this one. The length is NOT optional. If it's long, DONT POST IT, it will be spam.

In other words: 4 lines MAX or I will just delete :3 Or edit it out and write the word "Haha I cant count!"

Oh yeah...

6/5/2008 . Edited 6/5/2008 #1,184
Imalefty

You've been working on your novel/poem collection for three years. It's become your baby, your masterpiece, your whole life. Your editor thinks it's great and that when it gets published, you'll make tons of money. One night, you forget to turn the stove off and soon the whole house is engulfed in flames. You escape, unscathed, but were unable to save your manuscript, your drafts, or the computer you saved the whole thing on. All of your work has been destroyed... if you want to publish the story, you'll have to start from scratch.

-Lefty

6/5/2008 #1,185
Imalefty

You have a great idea for a story. It's going to be the most epic thing ever written - and the best part is, no one has written anything like it. You bring your idea to a publisher, and they think it's great - they encourage you to write up the first draft and send it to them. Feeling great, you take the bus home, and you get into an accident. There was minor damage to your brain; you can't remember the story you were going to write. The doctors say you'll probably never get your memory back. When you go to ask the publisher, he can't help you - you never told him the whole plot. So you're stuck with the beginning of what could have been a great story.

-Lefty

6/5/2008 . Edited 6/5/2008 #1,186
Imalefty

oh snap... that was too long. T_T sorry... i'll try to cut it down.

-Lefty

6/5/2008 #1,187
Fractured Illusion

C) It's a masterpiece! You've got your novel/poem collection published, and was beforehand praised by both your friends, family, neighbors, their dogs, editors, and of course your publicist. Everyone predicts a sunny forecast for you. However, once your story is published, the critics hate it. They claim it to be unoriginal, bland, and a chore to read. As a result, readers shy away from your books, your publicists breaks their deal with you, and no one in the writing business wants to work with you, now the unofficial "Boredom Incarnate".

6/5/2008 #1,188
Imalefty

You write a piece of fiction that's supposed to be entirely... well... fictional. Somehow, though, you offend someone by depicting his life without his permission. Even though you claim the story was meant to be fictional, he doesn't believe you. He sends you threatening messages and files a lawsuit against you.

-Lefty

6/5/2008 #1,189
Fractured Illusion

@lawsuit one

hey cant you expand to make it more tragic? whats the outcome? is "You" not allowed to publish the awesome story?

6/5/2008 #1,190
Imalefty

fine, he sends a hitman out to get you, too. so you're stuck living in hiding for the rest of your life. O_o

-Lefty

6/5/2008 #1,191
Imalefty

how many of these scenarios do we need?

-Lefty

6/5/2008 #1,192
Fractured Illusion

Good question... O_o

Any suggestions? :P

6/5/2008 #1,193
Kyllorac

You've just published your first psychological thriller as told from the POV of a psychotic serial killer. It receives critical acclaim worldwide, becoming a bestseller in the span of 3 days and leaving you a very rich writer. Unfortunately, several years later, your book is statistically linked to an exponential increase in the number of psychotic serial killers. In the uproar that follows, your book is hastily banned from institutions worldwide and you are left penniless due to the innumerable lawsuits that follow. You die poor but famous.

6/5/2008 . Edited 6/5/2008 #1,194
Fractured Illusion

@Nobody reads the rules!

To make people more aware of the rules in the RG, should I have a poll in the RG:s asking "Have you read the rules?"

Yes

No, too long

No, too complicated/I don't understand them

No, too lazy

No, I get the hang of it without

6/5/2008 #1,195
Kyllorac

I've got nothing against the poll, but do you actually think that people who don't read the rules will answer honestly? And they might just ignore the poll entirely.

6/5/2008 #1,196
Fractured Illusion

It is not really to get truthful answers. It is more to tell people "Hey, look, there ARE rules and we DEMAND that you read them" subliminal message type of thing

I couldn't care less if they vote or not. As long as they see it

6/5/2008 #1,197
Kyllorac

Well, in that case, I suppose it would work. :P

6/5/2008 #1,198
Fractured Illusion

Or to make them even MORE aware we dont want no bullshit excuses, just have it Yes and No. Several No's mean excuses excuses!

6/5/2008 #1,199
Fractured Illusion

Should I formulate it differently so it is more apparent we want them to read the rules?

"Do you read the rules before participating?" is all I can think of

6/5/2008 #1,200
« Prev Page 1 .. 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member