The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

I am going to do a prototype first post, and see what reactions it gets (PLEASE tell me if you have any thoughts whatsoever. Like "but the color hurts my eyes!" or something). Does this help any to bring forth the rules and requirements? Or should I just make it a simple link to the Rules and leave it at that?

---

RG Poem Depth first post:

----

This is the place to come if you want reviews for a poem, and the review type is "depth", aka more substance and more constructive.

For Review Game rules, go to "Read this first!".

---

» Moving on, this is the basic structure of the Review Game:

Person 1 says: Review "My Lucky Dream"!

Person 2 says: Ok, I reviewed it. So can the next person please review "Stereotypes" or "Window"?

Person 3 says: Done (I did "Window"), so can the next person review "Stranger"? Thanks.

This means the first one to post here doesn't have to review another person. Aka, first to come gets a freebie. So, hurry!

---

For Poem Depth, your review needs to fulfill these requirements, otherwise you will not be seen as someone who has fulfilled their obligation and you can thus not participate.

» REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:

- Flow (ie, did it feel "chunky" and without much connection? A sloppy delivery? Easy to follow? How so?)

- Technical Aspects (Does the sentence structure compliment the poem? Are there any grammatical errors? Does the poem's punctuation work? How so?)

- Stanzas (Was it organized well? A complete mess? How so?)

- Descriptions/images (too common descriptions? Did they hit spot on? Effective? Dull? How so?)

- Word choice (were the word choices blending well together? Were some parts too intelligent while others too common? Could some words be replaced by others for more strength in the delivering of a point? How so?)

- Enjoyment (did you like it/dislike it? How did you feel reading this? Bored? Why? Was the direction the poem went for appreciated by you? How so?)

- Poetic Devices (Do the choice of rhyme and/or rhythm work for the poem? Does the poet use, or choice not to use, enjambment effectively? How so?)

- Subject (what did you think about the main subject of the poem? Could you even interpret it? Was the obtuse nature appreciated? Did you like how straight forward it was? Clichéd? Didn't bring any original points? Suggestions on improvement? How so?)

- Other (were you hooked? Anything you felt was left out from the other comments? Perhaps summing up all the good and bad points and closing it up with some final thoughts?)

---

Please remember that you do not need to make your review in this structure. It can be one flowing text, like how you usually review, and after writing what you had to say, compare with the requirements and see if you fulfilled them. Otherwise, just add what is "missing". No need to be so formal unless you don't want to. And remember that flaming is prohibited.

---

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

6/19/2008 #1,261
Fractured Illusion

Oh I totally misunderstood you earlier! I thought you wanted it in each first post for the review games! Yes I agree, it is better to have in the Read This First topic! :D

I can call that section for Trivia? And eventually we can expand it. Then that post wont be so eternally boring :O

6/19/2008 #1,262
simpleplan13

The only thing I might add instead of for the rules, maybe for the rules and other information since it will have more than just the rules now. Plus if you said "for the rules and some fun facts" it might get more ppl to read it if that makes sense.

6/19/2008 #1,263
Fractured Illusion

Yeah, that's an awesome idea! :D

Any other suggestions on what to have else in Trivia?

6/19/2008 #1,264
simpleplan13

I think when we make the list of ppl and the nicknames that would work.

I also think a total of each game & how many reviews it has generated would be cool (though we'd hafta subtract posts that were not valid).

Also how many freebie reviews have been given (I'd be willing to count that up 'cause I know its annoying)

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,265
Fractured Illusion

I also think a total of each game & how many reviews it has generated would be cool (though we'd hafta subtract posts that were not valid).

:o That'd be epic!! We'd have to divide it so one member was in charge of one topic, though, so not only one or two does the real counting.

I am currently trying to upgrade the Read This First. The original post is safely saved in a virginity post here in Sug, among the latter pages. cant remember which page number right now, but its there for safekeeping :3 So if you guys dont like what I did we can change back

@RG First post

I am not sure if I like the whole red, bold, and all of that going on... I think we should settle with only adding "fun facts" and the link

Also how many freebie reviews have been given (I'd be willing to count that up 'cause I know its annoying)

I think I did that once out of boredom :o But damn I threw the paper which I counted on ^^; It was surprisingly many, though!

Counting RM is super easy. The one that gets RM has to do Stories EF too or something like that, to balance

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,266
simpleplan13

It's up to you with the bolding and red... that didn't bother me, but I do think adding the fun facts would be a good idea.

I think coupling RM with whichever else is easier (other than Freebie because that is the hardest).

So yea I would do what you did with the things. Like list them all & ask ppl to volunteer (put me for freebie)

6/19/2008 #1,267
Fractured Illusion

Assignments:

---

- Get an assorted list of nicknames in company with usernames.

Formula:

Username - Nicknames

Whose responsibility: Frac. I always had the better memory regarding this anyway :p

---

- Get a count for how many reviews the RG as a forum has brought in as a total

* Review Marathon - simpleplan13 in charge

Reviews from RM - 3398

Reviews to RM Winners - 163

Total: 3561 reviews (ends at RM May)

see post #1325 for more clarified info

* Multi Depth - Kyllorac in charge

Total of 138 reviews up until post #59

* Multi Easy Fix - Frac in charge

Total of 209 reviews up until post #84 page 2

* Fight for the Freebie (both) - simpleplan13 is in charge

1st Freebie: 136 reviews

2nd Freebie: 58 reviews

Total 194 reviews, up until #1913

* Stories Easy Fix - Frac in charge

Total of 974 reviews up until post #1060

* Stories Depth - B.J. Winters in charge but Frac took over

Total of 567 reviews up until the end of page 13

* Poems Easy Fix - Frac in charge

Total of 629 reviews. Stopped at end of page 14

* Poems Depth - Frac in charge

Total 134 reviews up until post #175

---

I want your results posted in this topic. I will then collect it all into one post, which I will link to from the Read This First! thread. :)

PLEASE VOLUNTEER!

When you count: every review due to RG counts. In double review situation, the "payback" review also counts, since that would not have happened would it not be for RG (it is a mandatory action in the rules).

When you count reviews for on-going topics that haven't been closed, tell the post number of where you end so we can later do a continued count

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/21/2008 #1,268
Fractured Illusion

@Topic Sug

Should we get an Update thread? Many times, I have felt like I need to scatter all around this forum to deliver news and such. Instead it could be collected on one place. A thread in which I or Lefty post SOLELY to bring updates in recent progress (ie, if a new sug is up, if RM date has been decided etc). There'd be no spam either.

How about it?

My only "problem" is that I can't decide that, if we do get this topic, should be be pinned...or NOT pinned? :o

@Banned

Should we host a list of which are banned?

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,269
Lime-Cat

@Topic Sug

I vote yes and it should be pinned for easy access. For the past month or so, I didn't know about updates to rules because I was MIA. Having a updates thread will help out those who have been "out of commission" due to the RL virus.

@ RG Review counts

Question: Do invalid reviews count? Reasons for this being because they didn't meet the requirements or they reviews the wrong person due to page updates? (technically, these were also as a result of RG...kind of)

6/19/2008 #1,270
simpleplan13

@ Topic Suggestion

I think that would be a good idea & I think it should be pinned.

@ Banned

I dunno, I don't think it's needed 'cause it's really only Onar, right?

@ Review Counts

I would not count invalid easy fix reviews because if they dont fit EF criteria, then they arent really reviews. I would count page skip things (actually probably even twice because the person they reviewed was supposed to review them back). I would also count invalid depth reviews because they are probably still valid reviews. Also, for Multi-chap if someone messed up and only reviewed one chap I would count that tow. However that's just my opinion. Frac prolly gets the final say.

6/19/2008 #1,271
Fractured Illusion

@Banned

Actually I have a total of 12 banned users here :p I wasnt thinking about Onar since he knows about his ban-hood

@Update topic

Okay, lets think of a name!

"News"

"Updates"

and yeah... Inspiration runs dry ^^

LEFTY HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS TOPIC?

@Review Counts

Aaah, I have no clue! T_T I mean, it is technically a review, but not one we would count.

cant we do it like this to get both:

have a list of total of correct reviews given, and a list of incorrect reviews given? Or is that too much?

And here is what I've got for nicknames so far. Can someone help me tihnk of headlines to keep the names under that sound a bit more fun and friendly? Especially the Other haha

---

Nicknames for the Residents of the Review Game

---

Formula:

Username - Nicknames (in order from most used to least used)

---

Mods:

Fractured Illusion - Frac

Imalefty - Lefty

Everyone else:

AlexSanguine - Sanguine

alittlebitconfused - Beta

angel953 - Jelly

Anya Mabell - Scuttle, Mumin

Arianna Sterling - Era

asylum writer - Aussie

B.J. Winters - B.J.

concerto49 - concon

Dexterity - Dex

Distilledfx - Ant

Dot Cubed - Stripes

dragonflydreamyr - Sparkles

dreamer999 - Damsel

Esther Jade - Heda

Harmonic Discord - Discy

Hed in the Cloudz - Hed, Cloud

Jesse the Storyteller - Ace

Jesusfreak43091 - Susie

Johannas Mirror - Rascal Jo, Rascal, Jo

Katenheimer - Heimlick

Kikyuu - Rabbit, Troj

KnittingKneedle - Ting Tong, TT

Kyllorac - Kylie, The Lazy Noodle, Beatbox, Half-Saint, and Nun-Killing Master of Nunicide

Lollyst - Flava Flav, TP

LucienofShadows - Lucy, Goose

mergirl007 - Elk

Mercyette - Mercy

Midnight In Eden - Meve

N.J Robinson - Frogger

Oceans of Mercury - Ozzy

once rained for - CIO (Cera Igor Oyster, daughter of the Hill Family in the North side of the festering Cave)

rassoodock - Rassy

Robbertomo Jerome Straightpen - Geronimo

Royal Bliss - Blissie, Lassie

Sercus Kaynine - Sir

Silv3rDr34mS - Lime

simpleplan13 - Mini, Legend, Mini Martini, Mini Legend, Min-Tin and Mini Tini

sugaplumprincess - Dr Slump

SympleSymon - Cyclop, Cy

Take the Money and Run - Sity

Teffie - Teflon

Terrance Riverdarb - Terre, Terry

tibetan-knight - Monk

theflyingcrabsareeatingmyhair - Flipper

---

The people mentioned here are not that have been given nicknames. However, to be on this list, some sort of activity on the forum other than a one day visit is required.

Did I miss anyone? D:

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/24/2008 #1,272
dreamer999

Oh wow, that's a long list.

6/19/2008 #1,273
dreamer999

Wait, Lucy goose? I know a girl named Lucygoose in FF.net, I wonder if it's a coincidence or is it her.

6/19/2008 #1,274
simpleplan13

@ Banned

Wow... ok then sure list them & list their CRIMES so we can ridicule them...lol

@ New Topic

I'd say Updates, but Im sure you can come up with something more creative. Or just call it that until you come up with something better.

@ Reviews

I still stick with mine. All reviews count except revies that didn't fit EF criteria bc that's just a pathetic excuse for a review.

Either that or just do all because having two lists is pretty ridiculous and I think it'll be hard to count.

BTW... I am working on Freebie, Im at 70 something and still on pg 59 of the first one!

6/19/2008 #1,275
simpleplan13

As for my nicknames, you forgot Min-Tin and Mini Tini lol

6/19/2008 #1,276
dreamer999

lol, and what kind of things did those banned users do? spam?

6/19/2008 #1,277
dreamer999

g2g

6/19/2008 #1,278
Fractured Illusion

Banned Users

---

1. Apple Cherry Muffins - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

2. damaged isolation - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

3.Darker Hershey - Crime: Spammed an obscene and disrespectful post. Has also done this on several other forums. The user has never shown any non-spamming sides neither through posts nor his/her "work". It was a safety measure to ban this person.

4. Kumquat21 - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

5. lonely silhouette - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

6. Moncouerest - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

7. Otseis Ragnarok - Crime: Crude/Vulgar language. General disrespect toward RG members. Excessive, unnecessary, repeated and vulgar spamming. Direct and repeated disobedience of moderators' reprimands. Was warned numerous times but never listened.

8. Rumba Rumba - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

9. snowdance-lyghtning - Crime: Was allowed extension for Review Marathon, but when extensions are given it is demanded the user does not post or show any activity on the Review Game during this extension period, since those are handed out for those that truly need the time, not those that wish to delay. User had on several occassions logged in and broken that disagreement, and posted on topics yet never reviewing the winner. Once the user does review the winner, the review is not according to the review requirements.

10. Stylo - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

11. Takhisis - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

12. Wilson EK - Crime: Did not review the Review Marathon winners within the assigned time period. User has not shown any acknowledgment of this responsibility and never answered numerous PMs.

---

@Mini

Kinda like that?

6/19/2008 #1,279
simpleplan13

Exactly like that!!!!!!!!!

What about the person who did that Freebie & disappeared?

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,280
Imalefty

YES, have the update. and... pin it. :) it'll float down to the bottom with "read this first!" and people will notice it when it comes up to the top. :)

good idea, frac.

umm... as for who is banned and for what... i don't really know why we need this (except for ourselves to keep track of them and possible un-banning).

wow, read this first looks great! :) how do you make colors?! O_o and those little arrows...!

yeah, the list of people who've played etc looks good, too. it's really long. O_o i didn't know we had that many people! XD (well, some of them repeat. but still)

*sigh* if i did it wrong again... uh... well i'm just really confused in general. T_T so ummm... sorry.

-Lefty

6/19/2008 #1,281
B. J. Winters

I think my nickname was originally going to be Pajama - but it never stuck. BJ is better anyway.

Ban list is a bit scary, but I like to see that you hold up the rules. It's appreciated.

Suggestion: Adding to the Freebee the "maximum # of days" to complete might be good. Say a week? If you can't do it in a week, then you shouldn't post a freebee

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,282
dreamer999

Wow...most of them are all because of the review marathon.

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,283
Lime-Cat

Wow, I didn't know the RM brought in so many banned people...

and if mods banned people for spam, then a few of us would have been banned a few months back. *points to past OTs* We have spammed pages before...all on our own (well, I know that Flipper and I have)

6/19/2008 #1,284
simpleplan13

@ BJ there is one:

3 days before a hint is given & 5 days total.

@ Lime:

1. was vulgar language & one was obscene. Did you do that?

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,285
Lime-Cat

@min-tin

nope. the members who have spammed pages away have done so in nice, amusing ways (i.e like telling stories and such)...although, I do think a few instances of mine were just annoying (and I'm the one wrote them..hah!), that's about it. XD But the spamming that I'm referring to took place in OTs only.

6/19/2008 . Edited 6/19/2008 #1,286
simpleplan13

@ lime

Hence why you were not banned lol.

@ Freebie Total:

Finished the first one I got 136 (including the last one that wasn't answered til the next one). Ill do the other one tomorrow.

6/19/2008 #1,287
Kyllorac

@Review Count - I volunteer to count Multi Depth, and maybe Multi Easy (if I have the time).

@Nicknames - You forgot The Lazy Noodle, Beatbox, Half-Saint, and Nun-Killing Master of Nunicide. :P

@Updates - I vote yes for the topic! Even though I check here almost every day, I missed the rules update for the RGs. ^^; How about Winds of Change for a title?

6/20/2008 . Edited 6/20/2008 #1,288
Fractured Illusion

@Banned list

To Lime: Spamming in the Off Topic is perfectly fine (unless you are vulgar or you know, not behaving correctly.) Spamming in other topics when you're a regular is not a good thing though :p (but you don't do that) so there is no need to worry.

A good question was raised: Why do we need this list?

Well, like Mini, we can ridicule them! :p Haha just kidding. ^^; But for us mods to keep up? In my list of banment it doesn't say the reason for them being banned, so it's best to have it all down on "paper" while I do remember.

This wouldn't be at the Trivia section either (at least I don't think it should be). It should be at Punishment section.

As for all your scare about the Review Marathon: It is very easy to NOT be banned (you can even request an extension time period!) but these people that got banned, I think they disappeared from FP all together because they never answered any PMs. And they were all from the same RM (except Snow), that RM where registration was open for a long while. I mean, I don't even think any of them even participated in the RM. So usually people don't get banned because of the RM, these people just ditched FP (or PMs) ^^

What about the person who did that Freebie & disappeared?

You can't be banned for ditching Freebie duties, since that is a minor offense so far. They just can't play in the Freebie. We had two of those, but one came back and reviewed, I think. The other didn't (but she stayed off the premises haha)

@How Many Reviews RG Forum Has Brought In

@mini about Freebie

First one has 136. Okay got it! :D

And okay Kylie I will write you up for Multi Depth. Tell me when you're ready for Multi EF (if you'll ever be ^^) For now Multi EF will be an open slot, though.

@Update Topic

Awesome! I will create it today, then.

Title suggestions are DEARLY welcome!

I won't accept Winds of Change, Kylie, because all our topic titles are pretty straight forward with what it is about (so as to not create confusion) and I think we should keep that "tradition" :p

@Freebie - Time Limit to Make Reviews (BJ's idea)

Suggestion: Adding to the Freebee the "maximum # of days" to complete might be good. Say a week? If you can't do it in a week, then you shouldn't post a freebee

I think this can be a useful thing: to have a max limit of days before the freebie giver has to review.

I propose the counting won't start until the freebie is officially closed, and then they have a set period of time.

Is one week enough? Too long? Too short? Or should we simply skip this? Comments, please!

@Nicknames

I shall add those, kylie :p

Is there any more I have missed? (The nicks have to be USED too, btw)

And PLEASE help me figure out cooler cateogories rather than just "Other" and such! :D You can figure out a WHOLE new set! But please help me.

@Author - Genre List

Well lo and behold, Lefty, our child has grown! :D

And no you didn't do it wrong! *slaps* Stop expecting to screw up gosh darnit, chosen one!

---

Did I miss anything? D:

6/20/2008 . Edited 6/20/2008 #1,289
Fractured Illusion

@Total Reviews RG Forum Has Given

Btw! Mini, what guidelines did you go by when you counted? You said only as low as Easy Fix, but what if we look in a Depth topic? Should EF reviews be counted?

We need to have it clear which reviews count.

Oh, and, please volunteer for being in charge of counting the total amount of reviews of one topic! More info at post nr 1268 in this topic :3

6/20/2008 #1,290
« Prev Page 1 .. 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member