The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 .. Last Next »
simpleplan13

Okies. Sounds good. I'm assuming we'll just randomly split up Lime's other categories?

8/4/2009 #2,101
Fractured Illusion

Yeah, randomly, unless you want a category more than the others :p

The linking thing is good too, then?

8/4/2009 #2,102
simpleplan13

No, random is good. I think linking is a good idea, but it's more work for us. Maybe we could just link back to the post in Celebrate that has all the links? But if you think that would be too confusing then we can link in the first post.

8/4/2009 #2,103
Fractured Illusion

Hmm...that does lessen the workload. Its better to go with that, then :p

8/4/2009 #2,104
Lime-Cat

Lime, I noticed you did not link to some in your post, so I suggest fixing that soon if we go with this idea.

Those without a link in my post were unlinked before I was modded...haha. And the people who nominated those didn't link in the first place... *grumble*

Lime will go search........ -_-

EDIT: I can't find Frac's "On your knees." virgin. Haha.

8/4/2009 . Edited 8/4/2009 #2,105
dragonflydreamer

Question about the RM:

I didn't encounter this problem this time around because I didn't go over twenty reviews, but in the event of another technical glitch during an RM, is it safe to assume that we can continue reviewing without submission and then post/update them all when we get back on? (Updating our posts every twenty reviews submitted, of course.)

8/10/2009 #2,106
dragonflydreamer

Ah, sorry for another question:

For examination: If someone reviews a piece by an other and gives the proper tag (mention of RM + link), then reviews another piece by that author and simply says "still from the RM" (no mention of link), is that valid?

(The way I see it, the author knows how to find the link, but other peole looking at the review don't.)

EDIT: Grrr...sorry, I'll just edit this one in instead of spamming the topic more.

By "tag on the last review," does that mean the last one posted or the most recent chapter? Because in this situation, the final chapter wasn't reviewed last, but there was a tag on it and not the most recent review.

8/10/2009 . Edited 8/10/2009 #2,107
Tekla

post #3 for a question. XD

I was reading the WCC entries, and one of them mentions in the authors note that it's a direct sequel to a different story of theirs (though the chapters are separate "stories").

I'm confused. I thought this wasn't allowed?? T_T

8/10/2009 #2,108
Fractured Illusion

is it safe to assume that we can continue reviewing without submission and then post/update them all when we get back on? (Updating our posts every twenty reviews submitted, of course.)

So sorry, I don't really understand what you mean... Review without submission? Can you clarify, please?

8/10/2009 #2,109
dragonflydreamer

Review without submission? Can you clarify, please?

Reading the stories and writing reviews down in a notebook or word processor. Then, when the login/submission is working again, going back to the story, copying the review in, and submitting it.

8/10/2009 #2,110
Fractured Illusion

For examination: If someone reviews a piece by an other and gives the proper tag (mention of RM + link), then reviews another piece by that author and simply says "still from the RM" (no mention of link), is that valid?

By a clean cut textual approach, the rules stipulate that you only don't say the full tag if you are doing a multichap, if I remember correctly. So by that view, it would not count.

On the other hand, it still mentions the RM, so the author knows...I dunno. Mini, what you say?

8/10/2009 #2,111
Fractured Illusion

Reading the stories and writing reviews down in a notebook or word processor. Then, when the login/submission is working again, going back to the story, copying the review in, and submitting it.

Oh yes of course. You shouldn't suffer because FP is not cooperative! Make the most of what you got, I say.

Unless the other mods disagree, of course.

8/10/2009 #2,112
Fractured Illusion

@WCC

I was reading the WCC entries, and one of them mentions in the authors note that it's a direct sequel to a different story of theirs (though the chapters are separate "stories").

I'm confused. I thought this wasn't allowed?? T_T

Hmmm...

The rules say that the piece must be: new and inspired by the prompt.

If the story is new and the prompt inspired to a sequel, that makes it...very hard to decide if it is legit or not :x Considering the difficulty, and that I have never thought about sequels when writing the rules, this instance should not be punished, but we should make a rule regarding this for the next WCCs so we know how to handle it then.

Does this sound fair?

8/10/2009 #2,113
Tekla

If the story is new and the prompt inspired to a sequel, that makes it...very hard to decide if it is legit or not :x Considering the difficulty, and that I have never thought about sequels when writing the rules, this instance should not be punished, but we should make a rule regarding this for the next WCCs so we know how to handle it then.

Does this sound fair?

Sounds great. Thanks Frac!

8/10/2009 #2,114
Chasing Skylines

Sorry to interrupt, but:

MC - Depth

The reviews

I don't believe any of them count.

After doublechecking, none of the reviews are even eight sentences (well, the last was, but the last few sentences were computer complaints).

I will go ahead and post in MC - Depth.

8/10/2009 . Edited 8/10/2009 #2,115
simpleplan13

RM

I thnk we need to make that a rule then with the technical glitch because I assumed that was not allowed and ony saved 20 reviews during that time period of fp glitch...

RM tag

I would say no, but this has never been an issue before. Maybe count it as half a review? I mean if it's a lot of reviews I'd hate to disqualify them all...

New RM Issue

When reviewing someone else who is doing the RM could we not mention the RM? It seems silly to mention it...

WCC

I'm torn because a sequel can be a new piece, you know? It's not always a direct continuation of it... at least how I understand it.

MC

Should we allow more of the reviews to be PMed or has this person been warned before. The name sounds familiar....

8/10/2009 #2,116
Lime-Cat

Should we allow more of the reviews to be PMed or has this person been warned before. The name sounds familiar....

I looked at chapter 4's review and even that one does not meet the Depth requirements. He also made an OT post in the MC Depth thread with the same attitude he had in his Stories Depth review (mentioned yesterday in my Suggestion post). Since he can no longer give 3 reviews after many tries, I suggested he try out the EF threads prior to venturing into Depth. If I'm being biased or whatever, do let me know...things have been quite heated in RL for me...what with family crap and everything.

8/10/2009 #2,117
Fractured Illusion

I thnk we need to make that a rule then with the technical glitch because I assumed that was not allowed and ony saved 20 reviews during that time period of fp glitch...

How does that make sense? Time is being more or less stolen from the RM, time that won't be given back. Plus, the RM is within that time limit. Why would a glitch make a difference if you don't extend the deadline because the glitch? Since the deadline is unaffected by a glitch, so should the review capability be. It's not a user's fault there is a glitch.

When reviewing someone else who is doing the RM could we not mention the RM? It seems silly to mention it...

Yeah but others could see it.

8/10/2009 #2,118
Fractured Illusion

WCC

I'm torn because a sequel can be a new piece, you know? It's not always a direct continuation of it... at least how I understand it.

The thing is though that it still cannot be entirely new, since the universe and the characters are already pre-existing in another work, which makes it an unfair advantage since the person already has the setting and characters decided when everyone else starts from scratch.

So I would say no, sequels are not allowed either.

8/10/2009 #2,119
Fractured Illusion

@MC

Your correction was well done, Lime. Nothing to worry about.

8/10/2009 #2,120
dragonflydreamer

I would say no, but this has never been an issue before. Maybe count it as half a review? I mean if it's a lot of reviews I'd hate to disqualify them all...

I think that's fair. In this case, I think it was only one, maybe two, so I'm leaning towards giving full credit and a warning. Any objections?

Also:

By "tag on the last review," does that mean the last one posted or the most recent chapter? Because in this situation, the final chapter wasn't reviewed last, but there was a tag on it and not the most recent review.

Sorry if someone already answered this and a I just didn't notice.

8/10/2009 #2,121
simpleplan13

RM Glitch

Honestly, I wasn't sure what to do. I was afraid it would fall under the category of horading. Since we're only suppossed to do up to 20 reviews without and update and we couldn't update. I erred on the side of the rules that were in place rather than doing it because I thought it made sense. Plus, I wasn't sure what the other contestants were doing so I figured that would be fair in case they were doing the same.

Also, when the RM glitch happens, could we post the reviews using our using name, but not logging in? Or no 'cause then it'd be harder for them to find the link.

RM players

Good point, didn't think of that....

RM Tag

First and last review given, not based on chapters.

Also, I wouldve said 2 reviews is not going to make or break the persons score and say they didn't count because they don't follow the rules. If it was a lot of reviews that would really affect the score that's when I would make the exception. What do you think Frac?

8/11/2009 #2,122
Lime-Cat

Review glitch on FP

Since this weekend, FP has been full of glitches. Now, it seems as if reviews aren't showing up - started around 6PM FP time yesterday according to some timestamps I gathered from the RH forum. I have PMed authors to see if they received their reviews.

Since this is FP's fault, I'm thinking people should paste their reviews in their posts until the issue is resolved so that we can check the validity of the reviews. Yay or Nay?

EDIT: I just confirmed there is a review glitch. Only a review alert will be sent to the author if they have it enabled. Everything else (review pages, review history, etc) is shot.

8/11/2009 . Edited 8/11/2009 #2,123
simpleplan13

Glitch

I'm not a big fan of making ppl post the reviews 'cause it'll make posts uber long, but I don't see any alternatives.

8/11/2009 #2,124
Lime-Cat

Glitch

I'm not a big fan of making ppl post the reviews 'cause it'll make posts uber long, but I don't see any alternatives.

erm...i has made a post a few hours ago on all game threads. ^^' Seeing as the only way to check validity of reviews is if either 1) the recipients check them (only if they have review alerts on) or 2) reviewer posts them somewhere.

8/11/2009 #2,125
simpleplan13

Glitch

I saw the posts, but I also saaw there was no responses to your post so I jsut figured I'd respond. Unless there was a discussion somewhere else that I missed?

Also, I said I agreed because I couldn't see any other options. I wasn't challenging what you did or anything. I just said that 'cause maybe someone else would have another idea. You never know....

8/11/2009 #2,126
Lime-Cat

I saw the posts, but I also saaw there was no responses to your post so I jsut figured I'd respond. Unless there was a discussion somewhere else that I missed?

naw. Frac made comments about it in OT. Haha.

Also, I said I agreed because I couldn't see any other options. I wasn't challenging what you did or anything. I just said that 'cause maybe someone else would have another idea. You never know....

O_O i didn't mean for my previous post to sound like that! D: if someone does have a better idea, please do share...i don't particularly like people posting reviews in teh game threads either. (perhaps that's why people aren't playing right now? o_O)

Apparently, FF is also experiencing the same problems...so it's not a FP exclusive glitch. (yay-ish)

8/11/2009 #2,127
ArekuKawaii

This is very good. Rather short, but it has enough emotion to make up for that. Good rhythm and an overall good structure. Not much more I can say. It's very sweet, though.

This is the review I got from LoveisCruel for my poem Hold Me for EF poems. That's not a proper review I am sure.

8/11/2009 #2,128
Fractured Illusion

@LoveisCruel's review

Lots of likes but no whys. I agree, not legit. I'll make a post.

8/11/2009 #2,129
Lime-Cat

This is very good. Rather short, but it has enough emotion to make up for that. Good rhythm and an overall good structure. [like = poem; why = good rhythm and overall good structure] Not much more I can say. It's very sweet, though. [like = poem?; why = very sweet]

That's what I got out of it...I feel this review is a bit iffy though and I think no 2 likes/dislikes are allowed to be used even if it has different reasons.

EDIT: And it's Frac to the rescue! Haha.

8/11/2009 . Edited 8/11/2009 #2,130
« Prev Page 1 .. 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member