The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 .. Last Next »
Sercus Kaynine

So that's the only one?

Yep, I think.

Just felt like closing up for some reason...

6/21/2010 #2,761
simpleplan13

Yay for Frac being back. Did you PM about those not qualifying reviews or did you want me to?

It seems RM is the only thing not working. We could ask the participants to post all their reviews here (using their Review history), but we'd hafta PM them all and I don't remember everyone who was participating. Also, I need to make the poll for next month's date. Should I post it in a different thread? And I haven't asked for the Review Squad since it might be awhile before we get examinating started. Does that sound like a good idea? Or should I post that they should register now?

6/22/2010 #2,762
Fractured Illusion

Did you PM about those not qualifying reviews or did you want me to?

I assumed it's as we always do it? The mod who brings it in ends it.

(lawl that sounded more dramatic than I intended)

but we'd hafta PM them all and I don't remember everyone who was participating

Post-poning would be best then. Except we don't know how long this fuck-up will last... So maybe it's not so good. Uh... Maybe if you make a News post telling all RMers to report in PQ with their score count? If they don't they just miss out on having it count.

Also, I need to make the poll for next month's date. Should I post it in a different thread?

Haha it's not like you can post it in RM :p Of course a different thread will have to suffice

And I haven't asked for the Review Squad since it might be awhile before we get examinating started. Does that sound like a good idea? Or should I post that they should register now?

I don't know when they usually register, but since there's such chaos with the scores and everything, it's cool if you wanna hold it off for a while.

6/23/2010 #2,763
Fractured Illusion

Just felt like closing up for some reason...

Ygger is just trying to stop our review lovin' but we won't give up so easily.

*cue Rocky inspirational music*

/OT

6/23/2010 #2,764
Fractured Illusion

@Resources

The latest post is just self-advertisement for an RPG forum. All threads there are RPG except two (one chat thread and one thread kinda like our Elements of Writing) from what I could tell.

I dunno, I know some people consider RP(G?) a way to improve your writing but I don't think that's quite was Resources thread is for.

And also, if it was, we might as well just link to FP forum page cuz there are RP forums everywhere XD

But yeah. The resource is questionable.

6/23/2010 #2,765
dragonflydreamer

@RM -

dragonflydreamer, simpleplan13, sercus kaynine, cole culainn, and strixaluco are the ones I remember.

EDIT: And Adonnen Estenniel. I think I recall there being 7...maybe lookingwest?

6/23/2010 . Edited 6/23/2010 #2,766
lookingwest

@RM: D: Me too! My count was two! *jumps up and down*

6/23/2010 #2,767
lookingwest

@RM: Adonnen Estenniel was also part of this month, and she had A LOT of counts, it was getting up there, if I remember correctly...

6/23/2010 #2,768
Cole Culain

Well, the post count next to the thing says there were 8 replies to the RM. I don't know if that counts the OP and the rules post. So there were maybe six or seven of us.

6/23/2010 #2,769
simpleplan13

@ Resources

I can't really weigh in since it's not a poem resource and I don't write stories... lol. But I will wait to add it to the list.

@ RM

I know Minor Masterpiece signed up but I don't think she did any reviews because of the error.

The other thing is does anyone have RM alerts from when ppl posted? I deleted mine and my Trash deletes like everyday. But maybe someone else hast them?

Review Squad registration normally starts the Monday after the RM and lasts 1 week.

EDIT: So I sent a PM reminding everyone about the RM. Looking through my internet history I believe Cute Cognizant and/or Lianoid might have been registered. I'm not sure though I could've been on their page for a Review Game Review Check.

6/23/2010 . Edited 6/23/2010 #2,770
simpleplan13

Good catch Cole Culain. The first post would not be counted in the replies and I deleted the second post before the RM so that would mean there were probably 8 of us.

6/23/2010 #2,771
simpleplan13

@ Resources

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/helpcenter/Writing.html

This is about writing productivity problems would that just go under other?

6/23/2010 #2,772
Fractured Illusion

This is about writing productivity problems would that just go under other?

I think you could create a new category called Writer's Block because it's an important category in writing :p

But if not, yeah I'd say Other

6/23/2010 #2,773
this wild abyss

Umm...hi. So, I was wondering about the RM. I had a total of 54 reviews, if anyone wants to know. Sorry if this seems like coming in in the middle of a big discuission, but I was out of town and I missed everything. (:

6/23/2010 #2,774
simpleplan13

@ Resources

Most of the other writer's block prompt things are under inspiration... maybe I should just put this there?

6/24/2010 #2,775
AvidWriter-92

Hello. :)

I would like to know if I could extend my time for reviewing in theory's winning piece for the WCC.

Some personal things have come up (grandma having a heart attack), and I don't think that I will be able to review his poem by the 28th deadline...

So, another week (or whatever the amount of time is) for me to get my review in would be much appreciated!

Thanks. (If this doesn't work, just let me know what I'd have to do. :P)

~Avid. :)

6/25/2010 #2,776
Fractured Illusion

Hello. :)

I would like to know if I could extend my time for reviewing in theory's winning piece for the WCC.

One week extension granted :)

6/26/2010 #2,777
Fractured Illusion

@ Resources

Most of the other writer's block prompt things are under inspiration... maybe I should just put this there?

Your choice

6/26/2010 #2,778
AvidWriter-92

Thanks, Fractured Illusion. I appreciate it. :)

~Avid.

6/27/2010 #2,779
simpleplan13

Do RM still isn't up.... I think we should have ppl post their review links from their review history... and sooner rather than later because ppl might do other reviews and lose the old ones from their history.

6/28/2010 #2,780
Sercus Kaynine

My RM Reviews:

chapters 1-10 of Shadows by Lianoid

chapters 2-14 of The Dreamer by Angel's Requiem

Did it Hurt, Baby? by dragonflydreamer

Butterfly Fingers by dragonflydreamer

Raindrop by Adonnen Estenniel

Go Bad by DeeFective

Life Goes On by MeAsIAm

Cunnilingual by in theory

Soldier Girl by improvisationallychallenged

Whutsisface by xenolith

Nowhere by Agent.Frappuccino

chapter 1 of Outcasts of Life by levelupluigi

chapters 3-4 of Phalanx: Genesis by Typing Typhoon

TOTAL: 35

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #2,781
simpleplan13

I meant to ask which thread I should put the RM poll in and I forgot. Should I just use the last OT that I made?

EDIT: Or should we hold off on making a poll until the RM is back up?

6/28/2010 . Edited 6/28/2010 #2,782
dragonflydreamer

RM Reviews:

To Be Still by Adonnen Estenniel (ch. 1-5)

High Gloss: Faltering by hopeless-romantics

Experimenting With PURPLE Writing Style by M.J. Vanna

Experimenting With LAWLZ Writing Style by M.J. Vanna

Total: 8

6/28/2010 #2,783
this wild abyss

Everybody get ready for a looong post. Sorry!

---

The Violet and the Tom by Ocotillo: Chapter 1-20 and 26

Maturity by The Masked Marauder

Winter, 1919 by Friend of the ABC: Chapters 1-6

Lost at Sea by PoetryQueen

I Need You by PoetryQueen

Beauty by PoetryQueen

Droplets by I.Underrated

Coffee, Embrace and Another Love Story by MeasIAm: Chapters 1-8

The Bluest Skies by LovelyMoonlight

Envious Frost by LovelyMoonlight: Chapters 1-3

Is This Supposed to be Love? By PigSlay

A Book of Monologues by januaryfreeze92: Chapters 1-3

mourning infomercial by no.peace.los.angeles

height by no.peace.los.angeles

desire by no.peace.los.angeles

Prom Night by Miss Mysty

Total: 53

---

These are my reviews for the June Review Marathon

6/28/2010 #2,784
Nesasio

I edited my post at the top of the page to include all my RM reviews. :)

6/29/2010 #2,785
lookingwest

RM Reviews:

How to be Happy x 4 by Palantean Writer (Ch. 15)

Children of Winata by Narq (Ch. 39)

Total: 2

6/29/2010 #2,786
Sercus Kaynine

MidnightblueAurora's review for Sparks by YasuRan in Stories - Depth:

Okay so, firstly I must say, this is extraordinarily deep and well-written. It's really good. The first few sentences did make me want to read on and you kept my interest up with the vagueness of almost 3/4 of the piece. It's so human, that's one thing I definitely love about it. The guy was excellently characterized, however you know nothing about the girl. Well not much anyway. Or maybe I just didn't get it or that;s the way you intended it. You talk about the guy being a bastard and selfish and that draws on my sympathy and leaves a sense of sadness...and loss...for something he never had but is still holding on to. I'm not sure if that makes much sense :) The writing style is really wonderful and flows perfectly. However, be careful that you're not too vague so as to lose your reader. I almost got lost myself :) I do feel though that the vague quality of the way you wrote helps to enhance the what the guy is feeling which just serves to draw the reader's sympathy and understanding...even empathy. Like I said, it's so human and so able to be related to. All in all, a great piece. The only issue I really had wasn't much of an issue, just be cautious about the vagueness.

I'm not sure how to call that... I made out three subjects. Thought I'd bring it to a mod's attention.

6/29/2010 #2,787
C. Tattiana H-H

Random question: Would a participant of the WCC be allowed to create a multi-chap story-dealie with the title being Writing Challenge Contest Submissions, with each chapter being their submission for the various months? (I don't think I explained that clearly enough). Example:

Title: Writing Challenge Contest Submissions

Chapter 1: May - Cliffside Cemetery

Chapter 2: June - Painting Obscurity (I didn't submit this piece, but whatever)

Chapter 3: July - [insert title here]

et cetera.

I'd still write in my AN that it was a submission and that the link's on my profile, of course. I was just wondering if that was allowed.

7/3/2010 #2,788
Nicki BluIs

yes this is allowed

7/3/2010 #2,789
Fractured Illusion

yes this is allowed

Aye

*Just mod-confirming what Bubbles said :p*

7/4/2010 #2,790
« Prev Page 1 .. 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member