The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

HELL YEA! want me to post that too?

Yes!

2/4/2009 #361
Nicki BluIs

i very rarely put things on my faves...

2 of them arre stories im betaing; 1 is the RG bible for obvious reasons (hail), 2 are the first stories that iread and followed when i got to FP; and the other 2 are Radio's...

I wanted to keep it to complete stuff simply becuz how do i know if i love it if its not over

2/4/2009 #362
Nicki BluIs

i like Lime's reveiws; theyre are the "whys" to Sesshy's "cons"

2/4/2009 #363
Lime-Cat

What I'm seeing so far from Lime's reviews: Leaning toward the Sesshy side of the spectrum. However, she adds more explanations than you, Sesshy. Also focuses on the negative side more.

:O wow. i knew i was negative...but no one ever told me i was VERY negative. XD but uh...am i negative in a not-too-harsh way? I don't want to sugar coat stuff...people don't need that sometimes. Anyway, I don't see why i shouldn't give an explanation to people when i feel strongly about something? XD

2/4/2009 #364
karma-dollie

I wanted to keep it to complete stuff simply becuz how do i know if i love it if its not over

You can't love it as it's happening? My only problem with stories as they're being written is that the updates are inconsistent and I tend to forget where I am when it's updated.

(Hail! And *preens* ;p)

2/4/2009 #365
Fractured Illusion

OT Note: In one day, we doubled the amount of pages for this thread. Hahah. from 4 to 8. XD

2/4/2009 #366
Lime-Cat

Review Reply for "one-sided love":

First off that was the longest reviw I have ever gotten in my life...thanks...alothough at first I thought you had something agenst me... I did finish it and do thank youi for your help...you see grammer and spelling are not my strongest points but my friends try to help... thank you for caring...if I could somehow edit the story and have it well posted on the site I would...if you know how to do this please help me...and I do like the adivce a LOT! Thanks for taking 45min to help me :) Keigo H

--

and yet...the "story" remains untouched. D: read the two reviews that were made after mine. I want to rip their throats out for spewing such BS to the poor chap.

2/4/2009 #367
Fractured Illusion

:O wow. i knew i was negative...but no one ever told me i was VERY negative. XD but uh...am i negative in a not-too-harsh way? I don't want to sugar coat stuff...people don't need that sometimes. Anyway, I don't see why i shouldn't give an explanation to people when i feel strongly about something? XD

I like them. They're reasonable. Just because you focus on the negative more doesnt mean its not a valid review.

2/4/2009 #368
Lime-Cat

I like them. They're reasonable. Just because you focus on the negative more doesnt mean its not a valid review.

Thanks, but am I being overly negative and giving little to no positive? Basically, what I'm trying to figure out is if my reviews are "well-balanced"....

2/4/2009 #369
Nicki BluIs

You can't love it as it's happening

I can but i wouldnt no if its a fave; if i love it as i read it goes on my alerts... my alert list is LONG

and i have zero fave authors

EDIT: i have 1 fave author

2/4/2009 . Edited 2/4/2009 #370
Fractured Illusion

: read the two reviews that were made after mine. I want to rip their throats out for spewing such BS to the poor chap.

That happens soooo often for me, when I add criticism to a story, and I see that wow, all the other reviews are positive.What. The. Hell?

I feel like not enough people on this site even bother to try to read about how you write well. Doesnt even Stephen King have a book on how to write? I mean, if they dont want to read the easily accessible online articles, then take the words from the man.

2/4/2009 #371
Fractured Illusion

Basically, what I'm trying to figure out is if my reviews are "well-balanced"....

Well not really...you lack positive to balance the negative. But like I said before; people write what they know. If you do a better job spotting flaws, then go for it. It's just good if you try to get in some more of that positive flavor :P

2/4/2009 #372
Lime-Cat

That happens soooo often for me, when I add criticism to a story, and I see that wow, all the other reviews are positive.What. The. Hell?

The thing is that any blind person could see the writing was/still is flawed. they are praising the subject...i don't oppose that, but "talent"? Where and in what form when his writing skills are close to none?

2/4/2009 #373
Fractured Illusion

and i have zero fave authors

Same.

I take that very seriously XD

2/4/2009 #374
Fractured Illusion

hey lime I read some more of your reviews, and you have more positive things in that one.

I guess it depends on whether you like the poem or not. so dont sweat it

2/4/2009 #375
karma-dollie

Gotta go and finish this abominable junk called homework. Later, folks!

2/4/2009 #376
Lime-Cat

hey lime I read some more of your reviews, and you have more positive things in that one.

which one? O_O

I guess it depends on whether you like the poem or not. so dont sweat it

yea, it really does. (i guess) I try to review stories! haha...if i feel there's serious faults with the writing, i will not hesitate to point it out...though, in my frenzy, i do forget about the positive side of things. D:

2/4/2009 #377
Lime-Cat

oh...here's another review that i was semi-proud of: Any Minute Now

It was written by one of my friends...and quite well written, might i add.

2/4/2009 #378
Lime-Cat

...and suddenly everyone leaves? D:

EDIT: unless they're reading reviews...'cause so am i!

2/4/2009 . Edited 2/4/2009 #379
Nicki BluIs

that was a really goood lime!

2/4/2009 #380
Lime-Cat

that was a really goood lime!

what was?

2/4/2009 #381
Nicki BluIs

the review that ur proud of...

2/4/2009 #382
Chasing Skylines

I don't fave anything. I did, but deleted them all since I did it more to see what stories I was currently reading, and I dropped them all. XD

What I'm seeing so far from Lime's reviews: Leaning toward the Sesshy side of the spectrum. However, she adds more explanations than you, Sesshy. Also focuses on the negative side more.

Yeah, expected. She runs on a higher education, maybe? XD

And I give whys, Bubbles. Just not in-depth. Maybe I should bloat my reviews more, then, if that's the case. -_-'

2/4/2009 #383
Chasing Skylines

And back... going to OT now.

2/4/2009 #384
Chasing Skylines

Lime's epic ripping apart of that chunk paragraph story is epic.

2/4/2009 #385
Lime-Cat

Yeah, expected. She runs on a higher education, maybe? XD

o_O

what does higher education have to do about this? i bet you read more than i did when i was your age, squawks...and the fact that you actually know your ins and outs of grammar...lime doesn't. she can't name a pronoun, adverb, adjective and all that schmancy stuff. i can give you a noun though...that's the extent of my grammar identifying skillz.

2/4/2009 #386
Lime-Cat

Lime's epic ripping apart of that chunk paragraph story is epic.

what can i say, he had it coming. Squawks, would you have done the same if you passed by something as atrocious as that? D:

anyway, i remember i was getting very tired by the end of the review - the second to last paragraph, really: no explanations like the other paragraphs. XD

2/4/2009 #387
Chasing Skylines

what does higher education have to do about this? i bet you read more than i did when i was your age, squawks...and the fact that you actually know your ins and outs of grammar...lime doesn't. she can't name a pronoun, adverb, adjective and all that schmancy stuff. i can give you a noun though...that's the extent of my grammar identifying skillz.

I should be happy I know more about 'grammar schmancy' than a uni student, right? Either way, I thank one of my English teachers... all that book work helped. Too bad he got fired and students hated him.

I guess your win encompasses in-depth explanations of your slaughter... XD

anyway, i remember i was getting very tired by the end of the review - the second to last paragraph, really: no explanations like the other paragraphs. XD

Yeah, if I rip apart a story, I get too tired to read the last few paragraphs... once, I couldn't read the second half. XD

what can i say, he had it coming. Squawks, would you have done the same if you passed by something as atrocious as that? D:

No, I would've moved on with life...

2/4/2009 . Edited 2/4/2009 #388
Lime-Cat

No, I would've moved on with life...

XD

my conscience hurled it at me...couldn't say no.

2/4/2009 #389
Fractured Illusion

It makes me nervous when I don't get review replies for stories I gave a lot of criticism....

O.o

Just throwing it out there... Maybe you guys are cool with it though.

2/5/2009 #390
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member