The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
Lime-Cat

It makes me nervous when I don't get review replies for stories I gave a lot of criticism....

D:

same here. XD

2/5/2009 #391
dragonflydreamer

It makes me nervous when I don't get review replies for stories I gave a lot of criticism....

*nods*

2/5/2009 #392
Royal Bliss

That just annoys me... because, even if I get a review that's all "This could be better" I still reply with a "thanks". It seems damn rude when people don't even say anything.

2/5/2009 #393
Fractured Illusion

It seems damn rude when people don't even say anything

Yeah.

It makes me not want to review that person in the future either, haha. Because if they don't review reply either, how do I know if they even WANT me to review them anymore? I don't. So hey, why waste my time?

2/5/2009 #394
Chasing Skylines

What are some things that irk you when you read a review? Whether your own or in others.

Some things that annoy you in replies?

2/5/2009 #395
Fractured Illusion

Irks me in review replies: Defensive attitude. Especially if I have brought up good points and bad points, and the author tries to tell me why my judgment regarding the bad is wrong, but for some reason thinks I am totally capable of making the right judgment regarding the positive.

Oh, and, no review reply at all.

Irks me in a review: Hey I said this in OT yesterday XD "There were some grammar/spelling faults, but not too many so it's okay". This is because if I could find those faults myself, I would have already. So please just point out a few or something. That comment should be illegal. XD

2/5/2009 #396
Lime-Cat

What are some things that irk you when you read a review? Whether your own or in others.

"There are some errors, but it's not bad." kind of stuff...ditto to what frac said, basically. those annoy me the most.

uh...the lack of a reply? and why the hell are people gonna go all defensive. if they've got something to be defensive about, don't effin post it 'cause it's bound to be torn to pieces by good reviewers. pwah. do people hate concrit that much? if so, then why the hell do editors exist... -_-

2/5/2009 #397
Carus

Just seeing stuff like 'gr8 update soon plz'. Drives me up the wall. Also, reviews that are too generalised, like if I got one saying 'your descriptions could do with improvement' or something. Which part of my descriptions? The adverbs? The adjectives?? Grr.

If I've written a long review and spent lots of time on it and then either a) don't get a reply, or b) get a reply saying: 'thanks for reviewing'.

2/5/2009 #398
Chasing Skylines

b) get a reply saying: 'thanks for reviewing'.

I've been guilty of that lately.

2/5/2009 . Edited 2/5/2009 #399
Kyllorac

Evil Replies

When they get defensive, or when the completely blow off everything I suggested/pointed out. The latter in particular. As for not getting a reply, I don't particularly mind; I just don't review them anymore. XD

Evil Reviews

When people pretend to know more about a subject than they actually do and give misinformation. Especially when the subject they're giving misinformation on is one I am very familiar with. When I see this, it makes me want to kill them. Painfully.

OMG! i lurve it!!1!! and such really really piss me off. If you're going to review, at least take the time to write in proper English and say something worthwhile. T_T

People being patronizing/holier than thou. Patronizing = DIE! D:<

2/5/2009 #400
Carus

I've been guilty of that lately.

I don't mind that much, but when I've spent a while reviewing it's nice to know that my comments/concrit/mindless rambling has been read.

2/5/2009 #401
Fractured Illusion

People being patronizing/holier than thou. Patronizing = DIE! D:

:O

care to give an example? I think I belong in that camp. I usually say things matter of factly.

2/5/2009 #402
Kyllorac

care to give an example? I think I belong in that camp. I usually say things matter of factly.

No, you're fine.

That girl with the ugly avi who reviewed the flaming parody seriously? She is the epitome of patronizing.

2/5/2009 #403
Fractured Illusion

OH! You meant like THAT. Hahaha. XD Ok yeah, I'm fine by those standards.

2/5/2009 #404
Carus

I also hate it when people shove their views down your throat in reviews/replies.

Even something on the end of a review like 'I'll pray for you' pisses me off because it's arrogant to believe that I'd actually care.

2/5/2009 #405
Fractured Illusion

Even something on the end of a review like 'I'll pray for you' ** me off because it's arrogant to believe that I'd actually care.

That would piss me off pretty badly too... haven you actually seen it happen? :O

2/5/2009 #406
Carus

Yes I have. I hate it.

2/5/2009 #407
Kyllorac

Yes I have. I hate it.

+1

2/5/2009 #408
Fractured Illusion

You guys havent gotten one of those "I will pray for you" though right? O_o How insane.

2/5/2009 #409
Carus

I think I had one before, but I deleted it cos it annoyed me so much.

2/5/2009 #410
Carus

No, wait... I didn't delete it

Wow, this is pretty intense. I can relate to it though. Good work.

God Bless You

~Holli x

http://www.fictionpress.com/r/2546429/

2/5/2009 . Edited 2/5/2009 #411
Carus

Something else I hate in reviews is when they say something along the lines of: "Great job. If you have time, check out my poem/story on -insert theme here- I think you'll like it!!"

Also when people reply in a review. Duuh that's what the review reply is for!

2/5/2009 #412
Carus

...I'm thinking that I'm quite picky with reviews/replies, haha. Long list of complaints on here :)

2/5/2009 #413
Narc

Great job. If you have time, check out my poem/story on -insert theme here- I think you'll like it!!

That doesn't bother me because I mention in my profile that I'll return reviews -if asked-.

What I don't like is when I review someone, and they reply asking for more. I'm not talking about 'Hey, you gave really good advice. Could you look at this chapter and tell me what you think about this?" Those are totally okay, unless they're whiny.

What I don't like is someone replying to my review begging for more. "Oh, it gets SO much better after that chapter. Please keep reading!"

Or the other one that bugs me when I tell someone I liked their story. "Let everyone else know about it too!" Umm, no. I'm not here to advertise your story for you. If I really like it that much, I'll favorite it and let other people know I liked it that way.

It makes me never want to review them again, even if I liked their story.

2/6/2009 #414
Kirrithian

Even something on the end of a review like 'I'll pray for you' pisses me off because it's arrogant to believe that I'd actually care.

Hey, I got one like that over on FF.net...

This story is so sad, but I really like it! You should write more of it! God bless!

~Szepilona10~

Not only did the God bless annoy, it was a oneshot completed and everything for a writing comp. , and I had clearly stated that that was it.

2/6/2009 . Edited 2/6/2009 #415
Carus

Yeah it only bothers me when the majority of the review is telling you to review their stuff. When there's nothing that says that they've actually read any further than the title...grr.

+1

2/6/2009 #416
Fractured Illusion

...I'm thinking that I'm quite picky with reviews/replies, haha. Long list of complaints on here :)

No I don't think you're picky. What you list belongs to common sense not to include in a review/review reply.

However, the "God Bless You" comment isn't that bad... i mean, it's a compliment right? If someone said "I'll pray for you", that's more condescending.

Something else I hate in reviews is when they say something along the lines of: "Great job. If you have time, check out my poem/story on -insert theme here- I think you'll like it!!"

Agreed. It angers me even if it is not a review to me. If I see anyone getting a review like that, I get upset on their behalf. It's so cheap. You are reviewing someone elses story. No attention is supposed to be focused on your own, you greedy witch!

I saw someone self-advertise once in the Review game through a review. Oooh, I was so mad -_-

What I don't like is someone replying to my review begging for more. "Oh, it gets SO much better after that chapter. Please keep reading!"

That bugs me too. If it bothers me, I usually reply and say "Hey, readers don't know if it gets better or not. Start the story in an interesting way and keep the standard".

Or the other one that bugs me when I tell someone I liked their story. "Let everyone else know about it too!"

Never heard of that one.

This is my standard reaction to any sort of dislike I have toward a person's review reply. XD

2/6/2009 #417
Carus

However, the "God Bless You" comment isn't that bad... i mean, it's a compliment right? If someone said "I'll pray for you", that's more condescending.

Well, it's still assuming that I believe in God and that I want him to 'bless me'. So I think it's still condescending. I've had the whole 'I'll pray for you' thing in a PM before and it just makes me feel uncomfortable, because what do you say to it?

2/6/2009 #418
Fractured Illusion

it just makes me feel uncomfortable, because what do you say to it?

"And may Reggy let you find the truth, child."

2/6/2009 #419
Carus

"And may Reggy let you find the truth, child."

...pfft. Condescending idiot.

XD

2/6/2009 #420
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member