The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »
Nesasio

OT 104 Name Suggestions:

OT 104: Life's not fair, Burgess! Burgess Meredith was born 104 years ago this year. Perhaps his most iconic moment was in the Twilight Zone episode 'Time Enough At Last' where he learned that life is a bitch.

OT 104: TANSTAAFL! Abbreviation for 'There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch', a motto popularized by author Robert A. Heinlein, who was born 104 years ago this year.

OT 104: It's getting hot in here! 104 degrees Fahrenheit equals 40 degrees Celsius, which most Americans probably don't know. A recent US and Canadian heatwave that reached these temperatures, however, meant RGers on both scales could agree it was way too freaking hot.

7/22/2011 . Edited 7/23/2011 #571
lookingwest

OT 104 - It's getting hot in here!

So take off all urrrr........um.

....shit.

............ummmmmm D:take off all urr...reviews?

no. no I fail at this one :[

EDIT: Yeah that's my vote, lawls.

7/22/2011 . Edited 7/22/2011 #572
Nesasio

............ummmmmm D: take off all urr...reviews?

*hums* So take off all your prose...!

Um, XD

Edit: I also vote for It's Getting Hot in Here!

7/22/2011 . Edited 7/22/2011 #573
lookingwest

SO TAKE ON ALL UR PROSE!

but no really.

7/22/2011 #574
Tekla

*hums* So take off all your prose...!

I snorted out loud. my roommate gave me a tissue.

I vote "hot in here"!

7/22/2011 #575
Rainbow35

I vote for the "hot in here" one, too. :)

7/23/2011 #576
Elennar

Hot in Here!

7/23/2011 #577
VelvetyCheerio

I also vote Hot in Here. xD

7/23/2011 #578
simpleplan13

I'm in for the Review Squad.

8/17/2011 #579
simpleplan13

It may be too early to talk about this and I know we have a couple other suggestions on the table, but I was thinking we could maybe do some version of the secret santa for Halloween?

8/20/2011 #580
dragonflydreamer

I'm all for it because I love those secret santa things :D Do we want to do it in the same style, or do we want to make it some sort of trick-or-treat structure?

8/20/2011 #581
lookingwest

^ Everything Sparkles said, XD

8/20/2011 #582
simpleplan13

The easiest way would be to just keep the same structure, but I'm up for changing it if you wanted.

I had two thoughts on changing it:

1. Make everyone who register leave a review to someone on fp as a treat.. That would require everyone to give two reviews though and only get one so I dunno how people would go for that...

2. Some form of ghosting. I dunno if you guys do that by you, but it's like ding dong ditch, but you leave a bag of candy on the stoop and then that person has to do it to someone else. The only thing is I dunno how that would actually work so everyone who signs up gets a review and no one gets reviewed twice.

3. Just something silly like every posts a trick that someone could pull on Halloween in their registration post.

Those were just some thoughts I had... dunno if you had any. Just fyi to Frac I am willing to take this over however we end up doing it and keep track of people, etc. since it was my idea. Assuming other people want to do it.

8/21/2011 . Edited 10/4/2011 #583
simpleplan13

Another thought I had is kinda like 2 games in one. We do the secret santa idea for Halloween. Then we do the guessing who did what review as a separate game with a new sign up. And the person who tricked people the most (has the least correct guesses about the review they did) gets a treat (to be reviewed by the participants.)

8/22/2011 #584
Nesasio

What if we did what we did for Secret Santa, with the participants reviewing anonymously, but instead of it being 'Secret Santa' the poster name was what you'd go as for Halloween? Like say you review someone as 'Vampire' or 'Princess Peach' or something to that effect? And if you wanted to review in-character it'd be even more fun. Then we have to guess who's who?

8/22/2011 . Edited 8/22/2011 #585
simpleplan13

That could be fun... but when you say guess do you mean like we usually do for secret santa where its just for fun or as a second game thingy?

8/22/2011 #586
Nesasio

I was thinking like Secret Santa. I'm not really sure what you mean by making a game of guessing. Like we assemble all of the given reviews and have people put up a ballot/whatever of who they think did each review, and the person who gets the most right wins? And the person who fooled everyone maybe gets something too? I guess we could play around with something like that. Maybe try to clarify it.

8/22/2011 #587
Fractured Illusion

What if we did what we did for Secret Santa, with the participants reviewing anonymously, but instead of it being 'Secret Santa' the poster name was what you'd go as for Halloween? Like say you review someone as 'Vampire' or 'Princess Peach' or something to that effect? And if you wanted to review in-character it'd be even more fun. Then we have to guess who's who?

Haha, that'd be a fun variation of it so it'd feel more Halloween themed. Sounds good to me.

I've been trying to think of a way to get the "Trick or Treat" basics of Halloween to work on a reviewing thing, but it seems too complicated to be transferred into this type of format, so this is prolly a good way to go.

8/22/2011 #588
Tekla

Like we assemble all of the given reviews and have people put up a ballot/whatever of who they think did each review, and the person who gets the most right wins? And the person who fooled everyone maybe gets something too?

kinda like the april fool's thing we did a few years back, except that was two truths and a lie and whoever guessed your lie got a review. anyway, sorry, that wasn't relevant XD

the only thing about guessing on everybody's reviews is if we did it in a public thread, people would have to guess wrong for their own review. I know it's more of a hassle for the mods, but anonymity during the voting period would be key. just throwing that out there, but I really like this idea and think we should do it :D

8/23/2011 #589
simpleplan13

I was actually thinking just the person who ticked people the best won a prize, but we could make it so people give one review to that person and who to whom guesses the right reviews. Unless you think asking people to give 2 reviews away would turn away participants.

As far as anonymity, what we could do is people send a registration post and their guesses to me via PM then I make one post with the participants and the votes (updating as I get people of course). In the guesses if you gave a review you just wouldn't guess for yourself. And since I know who will have who anyway that's fine. And when I post it I wouldn't say whose guess it was just that there's one vote for this review being from this person.

8/23/2011 #590
Elennar

This sounds really great to me!

8/23/2011 #591
Elennar

Also;

@Movie List

We totally forgot about that suggestion, didn't we? XD

Discussion at the top of this page, and the bottom of the last one. :)

8/23/2011 #592
lookingwest

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Suggestions for new OT title?

Here? XD Will be for OT 105.

9/30/2011 . Edited 9/30/2011 #593
lookingwest

Okay because I can't come up with anything about the actual number of 105, I'm going to pick up the books around me right now and make up stuff from PAGE(s) 105.

OT 105 - Open Sesame!

- Conveniently, page 105 of my copy of Arabian Nights is the beginning of the tale "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves"

OT 105 - My Dad Wants to Marry Me, HELP!

- Okay maybe not...but book of Classic Fairy Tales pg. 105 is about the fairy tale "Catskin"

WHELP that didn't really yield many results. Ah well, maybe I'll be back with better ones, XD

9/30/2011 #594
Dr. Self Destruct

Hmm... after Wiki-ing the number 105, I got a few results.

There's a highway in Ontario whose number is 105 (it's called King's Highway).

In science, the atomic number of "hahnium" (whatever that is) which is also an element which started the "Element Naming Controversy" (Transfermium Wars).

What else...

"Happiness in Slavery" is the 105th Nine Inch Nails song listed alphabetically from their whole discography (sorry, fangirl moment).

I really can't think of much else. Lemme grab a random book...

Never mind, nothing interesting.

Ho-hum.

9/30/2011 #595
Dr. Self Destruct

Oh, Marowak is the 105th Pokemon in the Pokedex.

"This Thread is Whack!"

lolz, lame-o.

I could think of a few other names with 'whack' in it, but they wouldn't be appropriate.

9/30/2011 . Edited 9/30/2011 #596
lookingwest

What about like um...

OT 105 - Marowak wants to fight!

IDK that's what they always said when you played Gameboy and then you'd stumble upon a wild pokemon and they'd....always want to...fight you.

Erugh. XD

Also, @Nicole: if you want to make up some titles for the NIN song etc. you totally can, we can vote on it, who knows maybe there are other fans, XD

9/30/2011 . Edited 9/30/2011 #597
Fractured Illusion

OT 105 - My Dad Wants to Marry Me, HELP!

I can just imagine what the newbies think when they first enter the forum XD

I vote Open Sesame and This Thread is Whack!

10/1/2011 #598
Rainbow35

"Happiness in Slavery" is the 105th Nine Inch Nails song listed alphabetically from their whole discography (sorry, fangirl moment).

I love it when people know/say random things like that. xD (Because that basically sounds like something I'd come up with. Except it'd be about Eminem or a random statistic)

And so, I vote OT 105- Happiness in Slavery. :D

10/1/2011 #599
Nesasio

I vote This Thread is Whack.

10/1/2011 #600
« Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member