The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »
simpleplan13

@ Extra mod

I think it's really Frac's call on new mods since this is her forum. I will completely admit that I have been extra busy recently with real life. And even worse my laptop keeps crapping out on me limiting my computer access. I think another set of eyes might be helpful and I totally get where the suggestion is coming from, but I would want to see Frac's POV before taking a side here.

RM

I am spamming most of the threads asking people to take a survey I made about the RM. It should only take about a minute and it will help us figure out how to increase participation with the Review Marathon. Here's the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GR3G8MX

11/8/2010 #181
Fractured Illusion

With a new mod, first we'd of course need volunteers. And then Mini and me need to pick whoever is most suited (assuming at least one of the volunteers is, haha).

The definitive negative is that there's a lot of responsibility with being a mod, even if only to watch over the RGs specifically. And I don't have any pay to give. If possible, maybe, two RG-centered mods? Part-time, so to speak? Ie, one takes it Mon-Thursdays, the other Thur-Sundays? Or something? I dunno. I don't want to just dump everything on one person.

orrr we could bypass all that and just say that regulars have the ability to judge on the reviews in P/Q...

This is easier but gives too much power. To this sug, maybe if 3 people agree on a judgment and a mod isn't there, they judge as if mods? (3 people, including the one who brought it in)?

It'd be nice to also have the criteria of it needing to be regulars, but then, who is a regular? :/ Kind of hard to judge. So I dunno... At least not a complete RG newbie?

11/9/2010 #182
lookingwest

If possible, maybe, two RG-centered mods? Part-time, so to speak? Ie, one takes it Mon-Thursdays, the other Thur-Sundays? Or something? I dunno. I don't want to just dump everything on one person.

That's a really good idea, I like that.

We could see how that works for awhile just by adding some more active mods, and if it's not working still with keeping track of P&Q, then maybe we could do the other suggestion of the 3 people agreeing as well.

11/9/2010 #183
lookingwest

Also I'd like to volunteer for one of the spots or whatevs ends up working XD

11/9/2010 #184
lookingwest

OT 95 Suggestions

Okay, bear with me here. So. In 1995, Seamus Heaney won the Nobel Prize for Literature. And he's most known for his translation of Beowulf. SO. I was thinking we could do one like this:

OT 95- Rád eac ús on sé hronrād!

which is Olde English for "Ride with us on the whale-road!" and "whale-road" means sea and is a kenning which is this awesome obscure literary device. And I always thought that was a cool word...well...metaphor...kenning. Whatever. :D *nerds out*

11/9/2010 . Edited 11/10/2010 #185
HiddenFromYou

@The new mod thing - as it's been pointed out to me that I spend a lot of time looking to see if the reviews are all correct anyway, I'd like to volunteer. :P

11/9/2010 #186
VelvetyCheerio

@OT 95 Suggs:

1895: Mintonette, later known as volleyball, is created by William G. Morgan at Holyoke, Massachusetts. OT 95-You Just Got Served!

Oscar Wilde is arrested after losing a libel case against the Marquess of Queensberry. ...I don't know anything about this dude! D:

At the Swedish-Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signs his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize after his death. >_> I can't help myself when it comes to Sweden. xD It reminds me of Frac...Anyway, OT 95-We Are Nobel!

I didn't see anything that interested me in 1995. :/ Can anyone think of something witty for those events?

11/9/2010 #187
Tekla

I like OT You Got Served XD

11/9/2010 . Edited 11/9/2010 #188
Tekla

@modmod

I'd like to volunteer, as well. ^__^

heaven knows I can't leave this place for very long. hahahah!

11/9/2010 #189
VelvetyCheerio

I also vote OT You Just Got Served!

11/9/2010 #190
lookingwest

@OT: Olde Englishe one

11/9/2010 #191
Fractured Illusion

I'm awful biased and pick the Nobel one XD

11/9/2010 #192
Sercus Kaynine

Oscar Wilde is arrested after losing a libel case against the Marquess of Queensberry. ...I don't know anything about this dude! D:

Wilde? The irony kills me. XD

OT - The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about!

OT - Why was I born with such contemporaries?!

These are from The Importance of Being Earnest, so no one but me will probably get them, but...

OT - Good Heavens, Gwendolyn!

OT - Oh! I Killed Bunbury This Afternoon!

11/9/2010 #193
lookingwest

@Sir: The Importance of Being Earnest for the WIN!

If it's really obvious that the old english one doesn't win, I change my vote to "Good Heavens, Gwendolyn!"

11/9/2010 #194
Fractured Illusion

@Mod Sugg

Okay I have the shittiest memory ever, so could you guys who volunteered tell me around when you joined the RG? Aka, how long have you been around?

Because my RG-timeline-memory is fuzzy at best.

11/9/2010 #195
Nesasio

@OT Title:

I also vote OT: You Got Served

11/9/2010 #196
lookingwest

@Mod Sugg

Sure thing Frac, no problem, XD

I've been part of the RG since May 2nd 2009 ^^ and FP since 2004

11/9/2010 #197
HiddenFromYou

@Mod Sugg

I think I've been around here for about a year and a half now, though I'm afraid I never made note of the exact date. I found the RG a few months after joining the site, watched for a bit, then dived right in.

11/9/2010 #198
C. Tattiana H-H

I can't help myself when it comes to Sweden. xD

Nor can I. :3 That suggestion is deliciously tempting, however, my first choice is: OT 95- Rád ús on sé hronrade!

If it's really obvious that the old english one doesn't win, I change my vote to "Good Heavens, Gwendolyn!"

And a +1 to that.

11/9/2010 #199
Sercus Kaynine

@Sir: The Importance of Being Earnest for the WIN!

Yeeeees!

I vote for Gwendolyn too.

11/9/2010 #200
Tekla

@Mod stuff

I posted in intro on Nov. 30 2008.

the earliest I ever posted was Oct. 4th of the same year, if that changes anything XDXD

FP since '06.

*thumbs up and cheesy grin*

11/9/2010 #201
simpleplan13

I have to say I'm not a big fan of the mod shifts... It just seems like that's almost more of a commitment because you have to be around those certain days so if a homework assignment or a night out or something comes up then what happens? Should they have to give notice? And will you and I be responsible for certain shifts too? It just seems a bit confusing... I am for adding another mod, but I think it should be like it is now. We check as often as we can in all the threads. Also, I think in addition to how long they have been with fp, how much free time they can spend on RG might be important...

11/9/2010 #202
lookingwest

We check as often as we can in all the threads. Also, I think in addition to how long they have been with fp, how much free time they can spend on RG might be important...

I would be fine with this too, but I'm also for a mod that participates in the Review Games since that's where recently there has been the most trouble, and I think a factor of their experience in that area should also be considered. I don't know, I should probably be quiet now that I've volunteered and watch stuff happen, XD, but at the very least, that could be another factor.

Just let us know, maybe you want to come up with some sort of application? XD

11/9/2010 #203
dragonflydreamer

@Mod Sugg -

I think it's a great idea. We could really use one (or two), and it'll help take some pressure off you guys. Application sounds like a good idea, too.

I really would love to volunteer (I've been here since April 2008? o_o), but I just started college and definitely don't have the time managements skills to take it on. I'll greatly cheer on whoever does step up ^^;

11/9/2010 #204
simpleplan13

I think all mods are supposed to monitor the RG. I know that I do to the best of my abilities anyway. The problem is I'm just not online as much as I used to be. But when I am on I go back and look through the reviews for typically the past day... So I don't think a RG specific mod is necessary. I think that looking through the RGs should be something all mods do to the best of their abilities... but maybe I'm wrong about what the current expectation is...

11/9/2010 #205
dragonflydreamer

Waaay back to @RM suggestions -

I just sent a PM about Mini with some thoughts about the RM participation problem. It was pretty long, so I'll spare you all a copy-paste, but a suggestion I thought I'd bring up here:

Spreading tags for it through reviews?

Basically, I mean just how the RM reviews work. There a catchy little tag that says "Hey, look at this cool thing! You should check it out!" Naturally, these would get around through the RM itself, but since the participation rate is so low, it's not happening, and we're missing out on all those possible new participants.

So i figured that maybe some people could volunteer to spread some random reviews with those tags in no particular time span, just whenever they'd normally review. I just don't know if you'd consider such means of advertising obnoxious or over-the-top (i recall this debate over at We Return Reviews for those of you also there).

Thoughts?

11/9/2010 #206
lookingwest

So I don't think a RG specific mod is necessary. I think that looking through the RGs should be something all mods do to the best of their abilities... but maybe I'm wrong about what the current expectation is...

I don't think it should be their specific job or anything, I'm just suggesting to take it into consideration ^^

11/9/2010 #207
XxNoImaginationxX

OT 95- Rád ús on sé hronrade!

I vote this one! i just like the idea of whale-road hehe

11/9/2010 #208
lookingwest

@ OT 85 names: I had to go back and edit my Old English because I saw an error, so it should be:

OT 95- Rád eac ús on sé hronrād!

I edited my other post too...just letting people know, XD, not that...it really looks that much different! Silly me, I forgot the "with"! Hahaha

11/10/2010 #209
Fractured Illusion

You Just Got Served - Sheriff, Fang, Lyra

Rád eac ús on sé hronrād! - Potter, Gecko, Lola

We Are Nobel - Frac

Good Heavens, Gwendolyn! - Sir

IT'S A TIE

11/11/2010 #210
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member