The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 .. Last Next »
this wild abyss

So, I'm going to watch Perfume: Story of a Murderer now. Let's see how it goes.

1/4/2011 #1,321
this wild abyss

Oh my gosh, go and watch that movie right now! It's insane.

1/4/2011 #1,322
Elennar

@Sis

The butterfly part in the promo, right? The voice-over goes something like, "Have you wondered what the fire feels? It only got the ashes of what it reached out to touch."

I actually thought that was pretty cool too; but then they started showing the other ad which gave it away as the Twilight rip off. Earlier, I thought it'd be a supernatural romance of sorts.

Which, I suppose, it technically still is.

Y'know, if someone here knows a software for subbing, I'd be happy to oblige. Besides, a lot of the lines are in English as well.

@Oogle

Inorite? I loved that movie!

1/5/2011 #1,323
this wild abyss

Inorite? I loved that movie!

+1!

1/5/2011 #1,324
Elennar

As an added bonus, I remember I traumatised a frriend by forcing him to watch the movie. Which is why, it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Which was your favourite part?

1/5/2011 #1,325
this wild abyss

Which was your favourite part?

That's tough, but I liked all the parts that had to do with the process of making perfume. I'm sure they weren't completely accurate, but I found it to be very interesting.

I also liked Alan Rickman's character, just 'cause. His voice always makes me laugh.

1/5/2011 #1,326
Sercus Kaynine

Just an announcement...

I've recently been entertained by this show. Just thought I'd share it with the world.

To watch online:

http://www.alluc.org/tv-shows/watch-sherlock-online/season-01/195841.html

(use the first links, the megavideo ones)

1/5/2011 . Edited 1/5/2011 #1,327
Fractured Illusion

The Lion in Winter is up for Movie Night on the 8th! 5 PM as usual!

1/6/2011 . Edited 1/6/2011 #1,328
C. Tattiana H-H

Landslide victory.

1/6/2011 #1,329
Fractured Illusion

It'll go down in history.

1/6/2011 #1,330
Fractured Illusion

So, I'm going to watch Perfume: Story of a Murderer now. Let's see how it goes.

Oh my gosh, go and watch that movie right now! It's insane.

Insanely "meh", that is :p It started out real swell, I really enjoyed it visually, but I stopped caring really fast. Was a while since I saw it so I can't pinpoint why.

Anyway.

I've been watching Daria lately since I've never really seen the show but just an odd clip here and there. Haha WOW, can't believe MTV produced it. I've gotten really addicted to it. I enjoy almost all characters, even the "stupid" ones, and Daria's pinpointed and razor sharp observations never cease to be entertaining. I'm on the last season now though and I hate to say it but the addition of Tom kind of...doesn't work for me :/ He's so bland yet changed the mood of the show in a bad way. And what is up with that mansion? Why does he have a mansion? All alone? What? I don't understand... Will this ever be addressed? Has it already and I just missed it? Help.

Edit:

Daria series stream link: http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Daria_197/

1/6/2011 . Edited 1/6/2011 #1,331
Fractured Illusion

Thoughts about lack of new faces in this area of RG

Also, I've been thinking about these movie nights. Since I haven't been able to participate in them due to time zones, I am just wondering - how many join in? Are there only regulars?

Because having it on Skype seems to not work well with inviting new people in. At the very least, if there is a certain Skype chatroom just for movie night, it'd ease things. Then I could write the chatroom name in the first post and people would be more inclined to join. Instead I just say "discussion happened on Skype" and give the appearance that it's a members-only club, which wasn't the intention at all. I just haven't seen many new faces in this thread so it worries me new people won't want to participate. I think an effort to make movie nights more accessible could be made.

Maybe there are other things we could do to make others more inclined to use CR too. Thoughts?

1/6/2011 #1,332
C. Tattiana H-H

Thoughts?

I think a chatroom specifically for movie nights is a really good idea. I was actually wondering at none of the new people being on Skype, so I think this would be a nice way to break in the new crowd and have the regulars mingle with the newer people a bit more.

1/6/2011 #1,333
C. Tattiana H-H

I'm on the last season now though and I hate to say it but the addition of Tom kind of...doesn't work for me :/ He's so bland yet changed the mood of the show in a bad way.

Agreed. Not a big fan of Tom. Haven't watched that show for years. Wow. Thanks for the link. Think I'll refamiliarize myself with it a bit!

Why does he have a mansion? All alone? What? I don't understand... Will this ever be addressed? Has it already and I just missed it? Help.

Not even the least bit sure. D: Parents are rich and er, damn. He's so bland I can't remember much about him. xD

1/6/2011 #1,334
Elennar

Thoughts?

Well, although I haven't been able to participate in any of the Movie Nights till date- sucky net service and time zones and whatnot- I agree with the separate chat room for Cinema Royale.

Mostly because I'm kinda anal about compartmentalization. Can't really comment on the whole newbie issue, not having been to a Movie Night myself, but this would definitely feel more welcoming.

1/7/2011 #1,335
C. Tattiana H-H

Can't Remember The Name of a Movie

Sci-fi, all the children are really smart and perfect because their DNA was enhanced or genetically modified, the main character wasn't one of these children and has a hard time finding a job because of this... er... I remember the main character being male... can't remember much else; only saw a twenty-second or-so clip of if years ago.

Ring a bell, anyone?

1/7/2011 . Edited 1/7/2011 #1,336
Sercus Kaynine

Ring a bell, anyone?

Gattaca, I believe. Decent movie. I've watched it several times in my science classes. XD

It features designer babies, aka, you can choose which sperm and egg cell to use to get the superior DNA.

1/7/2011 . Edited 1/7/2011 #1,337
Sercus Kaynine

this movie?

1/7/2011 #1,338
C. Tattiana H-H

Sounds about right, thank you!!! Sir to the rescue, yet again! :D

1/7/2011 #1,339
Sercus Kaynine

You get a fast response here. XD

1/7/2011 #1,340
Sercus Kaynine

Sounds about right, thank you!!! Sir to the rescue, yet again! :D

Yep.

All in a day's work.

1/7/2011 #1,341
this wild abyss

I have watched Inception now. Just so I wouldn't feel out of the loop.

1/7/2011 #1,342
Fractured Illusion

I have watched Inception now. Just so I wouldn't feel out of the loop.

Were you ever so slightly bored and disappointed too?

1/8/2011 #1,343
Fractured Illusion

Not even the least bit sure. D: Parents are rich and er, damn. He's so bland I can't remember much about him. xD

Haha I don't blame you. It's kind of strange. The Daria creators were very good at creating several distinct characters, and Tom ended up so boring and bland amongst that cast. What were they thinking? Tch. Lame. I didn't even know he had parents or was a teen until this last season where he mentioned them XD I just thought he was some sort of boy genius or something who had earned enough riches for a lifetime (because every damn time Daria went over to his house I always speculated over how Tom could afford such a house and I guess I got carried away).

Anyway, I watched the last season! Wohoo! Lovely series. Highly recommended :D I especially thought it was sweet how Daria and Quinn grew closer/accepted each other as sisters more. D'awww. Last episode was awesome.

1/8/2011 #1,344
Fractured Illusion

@Movie night Skype room

Is there someone who usually watches all movie nights on skype? If I remember correctly, the creator of the skype chatroom has to accept people in? So it would be convenient if a movie night regular would do it but I understand if not.

Also I could remember it wrong.

1/8/2011 #1,345
this wild abyss

Were you ever so slightly bored and disappointed too?

Yup. Like, I felt that they drug it out for way too long. And I didn't see the reason it was so 'good'.

I had a similar reaction to Avatar, when I finally saw it.

1/8/2011 #1,346
C. Tattiana H-H

Is there someone who usually watches all movie nights on skype? If I remember correctly, the creator of the skype chatroom has to accept people in? So it would be convenient if a movie night regular would do it but I understand if not.

As far as I know, I'm pretty sure Sheriff is around on Skype for movie nights; I could be wrong, though, but every time I've joined in the Movie Night, she's been around. I think others can invite people into the chat, not sure about having the creator approve it, though. Would have to ask Sheriff about that since she's the gatekeeper for SkOT.

1/8/2011 #1,347
Elennar

Would have to ask Sheriff about that since she's the gatekeeper for SkOT.

Had a vivid visual of Sheriff being some kind of an elemental gatekeeper of the otherworld.

I should stop reading Bartimaeus

XD

1/8/2011 #1,348
Fractured Illusion

Whoaa, I am rewatching the notre dame Disney movie, finally. And holy crap I had forgotten how deliciously awesome Esmeralda is/was! So, so awesome :O Funny and brave :D A winning combo.

And Phoebus is actually not half bad so far... I dun know why I disliked him as a kid :/

And those three stone-statues just seem like a product of Quasimodo's lonely mind now XD

The movie is currently with Esmeralda in the sanctuary, singing.

1/8/2011 #1,349
Fractured Illusion

Also, the old woman statue? I totally thought that was a transexual man as a kid.

I dont even know why...

1/8/2011 #1,350
« Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member