The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEE THESE MOTHERFUCKING STATUES ALREADY?!

1/8/2011 #1,381
Fractured Illusion

aaand cue Disney ending

1/8/2011 #1,382
Fractured Illusion

whats the name of that head-gypsy guy? he's so awesome

1/8/2011 #1,383
Fractured Illusion

OMFG NO ONE SAW THE STATUES EXCEPT WHEN THEY FROZEN D: D: D:

QUASIMODO IS OFFICIALLY INSANE!

MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED BY ALL THIS SEXUAL PERVERSION AND INSANITY!!1!

/drama queen :p

1/8/2011 #1,384
Fractured Illusion

well, they would just have to add me on skype. rg_sheriff is my penname, they would just have to send me a contact request and I'll add them as long as they mention they're from the RG wanting to watch the movie. then I'd add them to the box. :)

ok gonna add that now

1/8/2011 #1,385
Fractured Illusion

MOVIE NIGHT TONIGHT!

Come one, come all!

1/8/2011 #1,386
Fractured Illusion

@Inception

Yup. Like, I felt that they drug it out for way too long. And I didn't see the reason it was so 'good'.

Yeah, it just felt kind of flat, especially the characters.

But I guess it's the concept people are jizzing themselves over.

I thought the movie did a pretty good job at keeping things straight though. Considering the debate of how complex the movie was (at least what I had heard) before watching it, I thought it was going to be hard to keep track of things (dream vs reality), but not after the initial scene really. And of course it was going to end the way it did, considering the topic... So yeah. Not a big hoorah for me.

1/8/2011 #1,387
C. Tattiana H-H

MOVIE NIGHT TONIGHT!

Come one, come all!

Today's the second Saturday, eh? Heh. Don't think there's gonna be a large turn-out just because it kind of snuck up. Can I suggest an second viewing for next Saturday? I'll do some strategic advertising via the OT and PM to newbies I know (if you're okay with that) in order to spread the word and hopefully rally some more participation.

1/8/2011 #1,388
this wild abyss

But I guess it's the concept people are jizzing themselves over.

Yeah. It was a cool concept, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they portrayed it well enough for it to be amazingly awesome, or whatever.

I thought the movie did a pretty good job at keeping things straight though.

I thought the same. I came in expecting that I wouldn't understand a single thing and that I'd have to rewatch it a gazillion times to finally get it all. Nope.

1/8/2011 #1,389
Sercus Kaynine

@Liana

I'd be up to watch with you next weekend, if you still want to. This wasn't a good night for me. Big Colts game.

1/8/2011 #1,390
C. Tattiana H-H

Excellent. I know Oogle's down for next weekend, as well. We're both doing RM next weekend too, but have no problem with reviewing while viewing or, at least in my case, taking a review spree break to watch the movie. :)

Yeah, I think this date snuck up on most people; I ended up watching Gattaca tonight... my soul... it hurts! Such a good movie!

1/8/2011 #1,391
Fractured Illusion

Today's the second Saturday, eh? Heh. Don't think there's gonna be a large turn-out just because it kind of snuck up. Can I suggest an second viewing for next Saturday? I'll do some strategic advertising via the OT and PM to newbies I know (if you're okay with that) in order to spread the word and hopefully rally some more participation.

Fine by me. Hope you'll do well with the new blood!

1/9/2011 #1,392
Fractured Illusion

Yeah. It was a cool concept, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they portrayed it well enough for it to be amazingly awesome, or whatever.

Have nothing to say to this but +1

I thought the same. I came in expecting that I wouldn't understand a single thing and that I'd have to rewatch it a gazillion times to finally get it all. Nope.

And +1 to this too. I was a bit worried I came off as too snobbish but I'm glad I wasn't the only one underwhelmed!

1/9/2011 #1,393
Fractured Illusion

I've made the first post more structured in hopes of clarifying and being easier for newcomers to understand.

Let me know if you guys have any other ideas for luring innocents here.

1/9/2011 #1,394
Fractured Illusion

@Inception

I honestly think the only problem people might have with this movie is that it takes a lot of brain power to keep up with.

Wow.

What the hell is this dude smoking? XD

Inception: makes the everyday man feel like he is Confucius and Einstein's love child.

And that is how the extreme fame makes sense now XD

1/9/2011 #1,395
Sercus Kaynine

Yeah, I think this date snuck up on most people; I ended up watching Gattaca tonight... my soul... it hurts! Such a good movie!

I liked it too. Well, considering it was either watch that movie or do school work, I liked it more than I thought I would.

You know who I felt sorry for? The wheelchair guy. He needed a hug. T_T

1/9/2011 #1,396
C. Tattiana H-H

Fine by me. Hope you'll do well with the new blood!

Awesome. Thanks!

Inception: makes the everyday man feel like he is Confucius and Einstein's love child.

XDXDXDXDXD!!!!

1/9/2011 #1,397
C. Tattiana H-H

You know who I felt sorry for? The wheelchair guy. He needed a hug. T_T

Omg, yes. When he was first introduced I wanted to give him a hug. Then at the end... T_T Jude Law was wonderful in this, sexy devil that he is.

One of my favourite parts was the, "How are you, Jerome?"/"Not bad, Jerome." exchange. Ha-ha.

1/9/2011 #1,398
C. Tattiana H-H

I've maxed out my PM sending limit for the day. -_-"

Sir, would you want to send a few PMs to some of the newbies you've nicked? I just went over the last two pages in Intro to gather the names of the newest newbies and there are three people you've named.

Would you be up for it? I just want to tell them about movie night, drop 'em a link to the Cinema Royale thread, let them know we're having a movie night next Saturday to view The Lion in Winter, tell them to read the first post as it contains the Skype chat info, tell them to drop by the CR thread to let us know what time zone they live in and what would be a good viewing time for them and remind them to subscribe to the News thread so they can keep up with future events such as this.

1/9/2011 #1,399
C. Tattiana H-H

Never mind. Recruited some help from Emily and Sheriff. :)

1/9/2011 #1,400
C. Tattiana H-H

What is a good time for everyone to watch The Lion in Winter next Saturday?

Personally, any time from 5pm FP time - 8pm FP time is fine for me.

1/9/2011 #1,401
lookingwest

I work the next morning, so anything that isn't like...2AM my time or whatever, would work. So...yeah, same as Liana, or any time where I can get to bed by 11. :D

1/9/2011 #1,402
Evan Zeigfeld

As I, too, am in North America, that time frame works delightfully for me as well!

1/9/2011 #1,403
Evan Zeigfeld

Were you ever so slightly bored and disappointed too?

Most def.

1/9/2011 #1,404
Sercus Kaynine

Personally, any time from 5pm FP time - 8pm FP time is fine for me.

Works for me. Probably later is better.

1/10/2011 #1,405
C. Tattiana H-H

The movie is about 2.5 hours long. 8pm FP time = 11pm my time. Which means if we start at 8, it'd finish around 1:30am my time so, I'd prefer to start around 5/6 FP time so it could be finished around 10:30am my time the latest. Does that work for you Sir, or were you thinking around 7/8? D:

1/10/2011 . Edited 1/10/2011 #1,406
C. Tattiana H-H

Also, with the enlisted help of Potter and Sheriff, twenty-four newbies have been PM'd regarding movie night. Hopefully we'll have a good turn out this Saturday, or at least some newer people and regulars for the upcoming ones. :)

1/10/2011 #1,407
Sercus Kaynine

Does that work for you Sir, or were you thinking around 7/8? D:

Yeah, we could shoot for their. Problem is, that would be the time people would be asking me to do stuff, but I've nothing planned as of now.

Also, with the enlisted help of Potter and Sheriff, twenty-four newbies have been PM'd regarding movie night. Hopefully we'll have a good turn out this Saturday, or at least some newer people and regulars for the upcoming ones. :)

ohgeez. That's awesome.

1/10/2011 #1,408
C. Tattiana H-H

Does 7pm FP time work better for you, then? That's 10pm my time and 9pm Emily's. Not sure what time that'd be for Oogle, and I haven't had any more confirmations from other people yet.

1/10/2011 #1,409
Elennar

7 PM FP time is what, 5 AM here in India; if it's 5:30 hours ahead of GMT?

*Did I mention, I hate timezones?*

1/10/2011 #1,410
« Prev Page 1 .. 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member