The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
Lime-Cat

Sorry if I'm slightly behind, but before when I think it was Frac asking is it actually possible for a species to transform like this, if they evolved inot a more humanoid form, what is to neccessitate the transformation? Could they not just be humanoid wolves, with slgith tell tale signs such as fur going down their back or claws instead of nails, and have the wolvish stronger senses and a spinal shape that allows them greater speed and manourvability on four legs?

Ah, well are you trying to describe a traditional werewolf? I think the goal of this discussion is to create our own version of the werewolf...that doesn't include what frac described as a "hulk of fur". ^^'

1/21/2009 #511
Mayo on toast

That's the traditional werewolve? And here I was thinking I was being original...

1/21/2009 #512
Fractured Illusion

That's the traditional werewolve? And here I was thinking I was being original...

XD just google werewolf, and see how original you are haha

edit: image google search btw

1/21/2009 . Edited 1/21/2009 #513
Lime-Cat

XD just google werewolf, and see how original you are haha

lol. I think the traditional werewolf would be the ones seen in that series of movies....what was it? the one with the Lycans and vampires... the title eludes me. -_- basically, that's what frac is calling the hulk with fur, right? XD

1/21/2009 #514
Mayo on toast

Ohh that was weird... I just heard a dog howling... while we're talking about werewolves.

1/21/2009 #515
Fractured Illusion

uh...why would people (assuming you're referring to humans) provide werewolves food? I thought they're the enemy...? o_O

Dude...there are ALWAYS people being rebellious.

In WW2, the jews were the bad guys in Germany, but some germans still helped out the jews.

ALSO, it might not even be a complete human they are trading with. It could be someone from their pack that sort of sacrificed himself/herself, turned human to get a job like that, and help feed the family through such measures.

Anyways, having someone on "the inside" seems necessary.

1/21/2009 #516
Fractured Illusion

Haha, what we are talking about should be named werehumans XD

1/21/2009 #517
Lime-Cat

now that i think about it (and looked at some pictures of traditional werewolves), the anatomy of a human on a wolf is just wrong. animals have the speed that they do because their 4 legs are proportional to their body and they have the appropriate muscle structure to go with all that. humans on the other hand...we don't naturally run with our arms and legs...it's just anatomically wrong. so, if you've watched lupin in HP, he looks a bit awkward when running, yea? who wants to look like that when they run? it's speed that counts and in humanoid werewolf form, you defeat the purpose. ok, did anyone understand what i just said? sorry that i'm being all babbley about this anatomy thing.

1/21/2009 #518
Mayo on toast

YOu're saying that the wolf evolving into human is stupid?

1/21/2009 #519
Fractured Illusion

I get no HP references, nor do I must understand the details of what you say.

1/21/2009 #520
Mayo on toast

I get no HP references,

I would swear that you've said that repeatedly.

1/21/2009 #521
Fractured Illusion

what does running have to do with anything??? the wolves dont transform to look like a human because they can run better. running wa never an issue. it was so they could camoflauge and survive easier.

and a wolf turning into a human is less stupid than a human turning into a wolf

XD

1/21/2009 #522
Fractured Illusion

I would swear that you've said that repeatedly.

I will continue to say it every bloody time someone mentions HP.

I am getting rashes just by hearing it mentioned.

1/21/2009 #523
Lime-Cat

YOu're saying that the wolf evolving into human is stupid?

huh? no...ish. i'm saying that the wolf evolving into a humanoid form is stupid. anatomically, it is wrong. again, my idea of a werewolf (based on this discussion) is that of a wolf with human intellect. see? there's the wolf characteristics (wolf body and natural instinct of the wolf) along with human characteristics (human mind coupled with the wolf's).

I get no HP references, nor do I must understand the details of what you say.

lol. nor do I really understand what you just said...read above for a clearer explanation of my babbling. XD

1/21/2009 #524
Fractured Illusion

i'm saying that the wolf evolving into a humanoid form is stupid. anatomically, it is wrong.

And vice versa isn't?

The myth itself is silly, but alas, there it is.

1/21/2009 #525
Mayo on toast

huh? no...ish. i'm saying that the wolf evolving into a humanoid form is stupid.

That's what I meant.

1/21/2009 #526
Lime-Cat

what does running have to do with anything??? the wolves dont transform to look like a human because they can run better. running wa never an issue. it was so they could camoflauge and survive easier.

ah, well...if you were to run away from a threat, would you rather be in human form or wolf form if the transforming vulnerability weren't a factor? running away is a survival instinct...so, being able to run faster makes all the difference. you try running on your fours - hands and feet. lol. quite awkward, eh?

1/21/2009 #527
Fractured Illusion

I never really see the wolves with a human intellect. Not fully. They are wolves. Animals. That can take the shape of a human and learn to act like them. They can learn to think like the humans. I see them as babies, mentally speaking, that can sort of grow their human intellect.

But my werewolf version, they would still always be a wolf at heart. :P

What is your definition of "human intellect"?

1/21/2009 #528
Lime-Cat

And vice versa isn't?

The myth itself is silly, but alas, there it is.

...but I thought we weren't discussing the human evolving into a wolf? @_@ i think i confused myself. and yes, the myth is illogical, which is why we're all sitting here discussing it, yea?

1/21/2009 #529
Fractured Illusion

..but I thought we weren't discussing the human evolving into a wolf?

we can discuss everything as long as it falls under the category werewolf

1/21/2009 #530
Lime-Cat

But my werewolf version, they would still always be a wolf at heart. :P

What is your definition of "human intellect"?

well, yes. no matter what, werewolves will always remain wolves. my definition of human intellect is the ability to learn and think like a human....same definition as you, really. ^^'

1/21/2009 #531
Lime-Cat

we can discuss everything as long as it falls under the category werewolf

bah. we're discussing wolves evolving into werewolves...human evolution has nothing to do with this discussion - i don't quite care for it atm. haha.

1/21/2009 #532
Lime-Cat

bbl...dinner. this post will be edited to contribute something to the discussion...hopefully. XD

1/21/2009 #533
FirstBloom13

werewolves, eh?

that werewolf in harry potter was always my favorite character :D

I find them hard to write about.... it's like you have to invent your own rules for what they are and aren't, what they can and can't do... whereas vampire's it's like blamslamvampinacan.

1/21/2009 #534
Lime-Cat

that werewolf in harry potter was always my favorite character :D

I find them hard to write about.... it's like you have to invent your own rules for what they are and aren't, what they can and can't do... whereas vampire's it's like blamslamvampinacan.

hmm...i think it would be wise to avoid any HP references or frac will go into hill-billy mode. XD

as for the whole inventing your own rules and stuff...that's EXACTLY what we're doin! how fun.

1/21/2009 #535
FirstBloom13

hmm...i think it would be wise to avoid any HP references or frac will go into hill-billy mode. XD

I was hardcore back in the day :D

but I must agree...hill-billy frac is not a pretty sight

I always thought that they should be immortal... why should the vampires get all the fun?

1/21/2009 #536
Chasing Skylines

I always thought that they should be immortal... why should the vampires get all the fun?

Good point. They have to have something for compensation against the horde of sparkly vampires.

but I must agree...hill-billy frac is not a pretty sight

Hillbilly Frac has a rifle.

1/21/2009 . Edited 1/21/2009 #537
FirstBloom13

to me it always seemed like vampires were the glamourous, rich, talented clique and the werewolves were like the hillbilly cousins-un remarkable and much more boring...

vampires are the socs and the werewolves are the greasers... ah the outsiders was a good book.

1/21/2009 #538
Chasing Skylines

Hm, yeah, werewolves somehow seem to represent humanity's... more 'passionate' traits? Vampires are cool, collected, etc. Agh, I haven't read anything about those two races to begin applying social/human themes to them.

1/21/2009 #539
Fractured Illusion

I don't see why werewolves would be immortal.

I think the immortal trait is lame as it is. Yes, even for vampires. :o

Werewolves don't get that much cred cuz they turn into uncontrollable monsters, whereas vampires are suave monsters.

1/21/2009 #540
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member