The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
RedactedNoLongerWriting

So what're you up to tonight, Mags? Or...if it's not 'tonight' where you are, what're you up to in general, heh.

8/2/2011 #511
More Wolf

It's seven where I am, and it will follow that for the next 24 hours. Then it will be an hour later.

And I am about to go out and get pizza.

8/2/2011 #512
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Mmm, pizza. What kind?

I have no idea what I'm having for dinner. I should figure that out. I've been working on this stupid computer for a while now and haven't even thought about my evening. Hmmm.

8/2/2011 #513
More Wolf

We're going to this place in town. It has amazing pizza.

I'm going to have pepperoni, because last time I had deluxe and there were lots of mushrooms on it, yuck. But someone else had the pepperoni and it looked amazing.

8/2/2011 #514
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Turning on skype after 2 months.

Me: :/

Me: -_-

8/2/2011 #515
More Wolf

I return. Pizza was pretty good.

8/2/2011 #516
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Nice.

I ended up making soup. Black bean and salsa. Pretty good. I'll have to play with the recipe a bit before it's absolutely fantastic but it was a good meal.

8/2/2011 #517
More Wolf

That sounds delicious. Makes me miss home.

8/2/2011 #518
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Sorry for the mini-vanish there. I went to plug my speakers into my computer and accidentally turned the power off on the powerstrip. My computer was not happy with me on startup, haha.

8/2/2011 #519
More Wolf

I do that too often.

8/2/2011 #520
RedactedNoLongerWriting

First time it has happened to me, which is actually a bit of a surprise. The powerstrip really isn't that well covered and I put my feet under my desk all the time. So of course the one time I trip it is with my elbow as I'm climbing under to plug in one cord in the back of the computer. Naturally.

Hmmm, I was gonna write tonight. But I'm not sure what. Too many things I should be working on...it's hard to decide.

8/2/2011 #521
More Wolf

I'm working on one story and I want to put it up but I can't yet because I only just made my account.

I'll probably just write a second chapter tonight and save it for a couple days before putting it up.

And maybe make a oneshot here or there. You guys have that writing challenge contest thing, that might be fun.

Oh, but then I'd have to review people...

8/2/2011 #522
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Bahaha, all that effort and I still managed to plug the speaker cable into the wrong place. Go me. My blue/green color identification ability is apparently taking the night off.

I'm working on one story and I want to put it up but I can't yet because I only just made my account.

Oh, there's a timeframe? I didn't know that. My account's ages old so I have no idea anymore what it's like in the beginning. When do you get to post something?

And you should definitely try the WCC! Yeah, you'd have to review one person, but if you win you get reviewed by everyone. It's a good deal. And great inspiration to write, haha.

8/2/2011 #523
More Wolf

It's one day form account creation to post in threads and two to post anything.

I can post something at 4:15 mountain time.

Which is in three hours and thirty five minutes.

I'll probably give the WCC a go.

"Hope is a Cruel Beast"

That shouldn't be too difficult, let me think something up.

8/2/2011 #524
RedactedNoLongerWriting

I fell asleep last night trying to come up with something. Well, to clarify the idea I originally had. I should see if I wrote anything down...

...For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to write in red ink. Fun.

8/2/2011 #525
More Wolf

Now that I think of it, this prompt is pretty difficult actually.

I mean, I could easily write some sort of story about one person ho depends on hope and another who doesn't and then compare and contrast, but that wouldn't make a good story at all.

Dude this totally sucks, I need a good idea.

8/2/2011 #526
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Have you read the other entries? I know some people dislike doing that, but I like to do that when they come in to get an idea how people are interpreting the prompt and from there maybe think of a different angle. All depends on what works for you, of course.

8/2/2011 #527
More Wolf

I don't know that I'm here to read in the first place.

A lot of these people write some pretty boring stuff.

Some people don't though.

I like those people.

But I still wouldn't want to take inspiration from someone who is writing in the same contest as me.

Maybe this book I'm starting can give me something. It's called 2666 and I have no idea what it is about but I bought it anyway.

8/2/2011 #528
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Well, I'm off to attempt some writing. Good luck with yours! :)

8/2/2011 #529
More Wolf

Yeah, good luck to you too.

8/2/2011 #530
gigglebug

Turning on skype after 2 months.

Me: :/

Me: -_-

XDXDXDXDXDXD *snort* XD

8/2/2011 #531
gigglebug

I can post something at 4:15 mountain time.

ARE YOU ON MOUNTAIN TIME TOO? :3

8/2/2011 #532
gigglebug

Maybe this book I'm starting can give me something. It's called 2666 and I have no idea what it is about but I bought it anyway.

oooooh! if I remember right (and I usually do....) that was one of the books that almost made it to be the RG book! so it HAS to be good, or we wouldn't have nominated it. baha. :D

8/2/2011 #533
More Wolf

I'm visiting family. I'm going back to central time tomorrow.

oooooh! if I remember right (and I usually do....) that was one of the books that almost made it to be the RG book! so it HAS to be good, or we wouldn't have nominated it. baha. :D

RP book?

I'm glad people have heard of it, I guess. I was browsing in B&N for a book for the flight tomorrow and decided on that one because the premise seemed really awesome and it was thick. I read the newest novel by my favorite author - Bret Easton Ellis - on the way out here, and it was awesome, but only lasted me one flight. I almost picked up another small book too. It was about a dystopian society where people are ranked in the societal ladder based on how many colors they see, and it looked really good.

I'm onyl a couple pages into 2666 though. I still have no idea exactly what it's about, and that's the best type of book.

8/2/2011 #534
gigglebug

I'm visiting family. I'm going back to central time tomorrow.

oh. *lives in Utah*

RP book?

noooo, RG. Review Game. aka, here. our "official book" haha. we all decided to go out and read the same book last year, it was quite fun. 2666 was one of our options but we picked Shadow of the Wind instead. great book, that, but I'm sure 2666 is good too lol.

be sure to review it in BR when you're done eh? :D

8/3/2011 #535
More Wolf

So you guys have an official book?

Or do you keep a book club?

Also, do people actually read the BR? I have a strange feeling it is neglected.

But I'll totally review it anyways. I enjoy everything though, my reviews are probably biased.

8/3/2011 #536
gigglebug

-yeah, we voted on it last summer n__n it's delightful!

-and not really. we used to be better at it but now we're pressed for time most of our days, heh.

-I go and look at it every time somebody posts, and if it seems like it's an interesting book I'll read the review. otherwise I'll just make a mental note of it and go look for it again if I'm thinking of looking for something new to read.

-biased = fun, no? XD mine totally are too, I'm not very critical .__.

anyway, I'm heading off to bed now. gotta get up relatively early, yeesh -_-; nice to chat with you magsby! :P

8/3/2011 #537
More Wolf

Ha, Magsby now.

What a nickname.

Night.

8/3/2011 #538
simpleplan13

- Wondering how to edit a post?

Beside the button that says "Reply" in a person's post, there is a button shaped like a wheel. Click on it. A small menu-bar will appear. Click on "Edit". Edit in the story/poem/chapters you review, give a link, and submit.

- How do you link to a story or author in your post?

I shall use Narc's story "Roanoke" as example. Or rather, the review page for that story.

Look at the reply window. It has a small menu bar. First you need to type the story title (ie, Roanoke). Then you select that word. The previously untouchable button on the right of the scroll bar in the menu is now activated. Click on it.

A small window will pop up. Copy and paste the web address to the review page in question. Select target (whichever is fine). Click "Insert" and you're all done!

Example: Roanoke

However, some people cannot use this method as the pop-up window won't show. If this is the case, just copy and paste the web address.

- Wondering how you link to the forum in your profile?

0. Open your profile editor ("Log in" - "Profile/Bio")

1. Write the word that you want to be clickable. In my profile, I used Review Marathon.

2. Select those two words

3. Click the icon on your editor's menu bar that has a green circle. It is named "Insert/Edit a hyperlink" and comes after the horizontal line.

4. Copy the address for the forum topic in where the "Address" goes. On the line under, write "Review Marathon"

5. Click Ok

6. Click "Save changes"

--- EXAMPLE OF IDEAL POST ---

" I, Fractured Illusion, hereby register for participation on the holy day of Sunday the 27th January for the very much anticipated Review Marathon. To prepare I have read all of the rules.

EDIT:

List of points:

Roanoke, by Narc

I reviewed chapter 1 to 14.

Count: 14"

8/3/2011 . Edited 8/25/2011 #539
Compton

WCC competition is getting stiff. It may be the fact that I've eaten 7 popsicles, but I'm super nervous.

8/3/2011 #540
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member