The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 100 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

hey bubbles, how did the visit to the library go (with the canadian book thing)? or did your boss let it slide that you arent well traveled in ca lit?

8/21/2011 #2,671
Nicki BluIs

I picked up "The Stone Diaries" by Carol Shields and "The Year of the Flood" by Margaret Atwood. Both are supposed to be really good :)

Pooooooor Frac and her snacking. One technique is to eat everything you have and not buy anymore :D

8/21/2011 #2,672
Fractured Illusion

One technique is to eat everything you have and not buy anymore :D

That technique is imposible :(

8/21/2011 #2,673
Fractured Illusion

I picked up "The Stone Diaries" by Carol Shields and "The Year of the Flood" by Margaret Atwood. Both are supposed to be really good :)

Wow never heard of Carol Shields. Then Iagain I havent heard of many Canadian authors. I know of even more South American authors than I do Canadian! Why you no wanna play with the rest of the world, Canada? XD

8/21/2011 #2,674
Fractured Illusion

i can not stop

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

argh!!

if there was a table full of chocolate and mint and shit like that, and on the other hand, I'd have a wide selection of young handsome gentlemen all willing to spend time with me,

I WOULD CHOOSE THAT TABLE RIGHT NOW NO QUESTION

AAAAH

8/21/2011 #2,675
Fractured Illusion

even if it was a small table

D:

8/21/2011 #2,676
Nicki BluIs

I know of even more South American authors than I do Canadian!

Same! Except I'm Canadian so that's a problem.... :/

8/21/2011 #2,677
Nicki BluIs

LOL! Are you like hungry? Or just have the munchies?

8/21/2011 #2,678
Fractured Illusion

Same! Except I'm Canadian so that's a problem.... :/

Fake it til you make it. Read your version of NY Times or The Guardian or whatever and read its book reviews. And then just parrot those thoughts until you get around to reading more XD

Normally I wouldnt suggest this but hey, in your case since this is professional, we're all looking for shortcuts anyway.

8/21/2011 #2,679
Fractured Illusion

LOL! Are you like hungry? Or just have the munchies?

im not hungry at all, i just ate.

i got mad munchies, i'd wager

8/21/2011 #2,680
Nicki BluIs

Read your version of NY Times or The Guardian or whatever and read its book reviews. And then just parrot those thoughts until you get around to reading more XD

:D You're so clever. That's why I hang around here lol.

8/21/2011 #2,681
Fractured Illusion

oh dont make me blush :p

8/21/2011 #2,682
Nicki BluIs

:P

How are things going with you? Besides you food problem :P

8/21/2011 #2,683
Fractured Illusion

well my knees been getting better :D it still acts up a little, but i think its been a little bitch for too long, i dont have much patience with it anymore. im gonna focus more on biking tho, less hurtful for the joints. dont wanna relapse right away haha. especially since winter's coming in a few months and i wanna savor the time before hand before its time to live like a hermit in an igloo XD

and you?

8/21/2011 #2,684
Fractured Illusion

i ought to change icon...

8/21/2011 #2,685
Fractured Illusion

bye blood-soaked wolf

8/21/2011 #2,686
Nicki BluIs

Yeah biking is not so hard on the knees. Swimming too but it might not be warm enough for that anymore.

I'm doing alright. School starts in 2 weeks so I'm trying to enjoy the last of summer but prepare for fall at the same time :D

8/21/2011 #2,687
Fractured Illusion

ugh. school. im trying to block that shit out of my brain XD good plan tho

8/21/2011 #2,688
lookingwest

oh ot

8/21/2011 #2,689
Fractured Illusion

trying to find a fun worthwhile movie to watch so my braincells can relax a little...

/irrelevant

8/21/2011 #2,690
Fractured Illusion

heylo potter!

8/21/2011 #2,691
Fractured Illusion

if you've got any remedies for cravings of sweets, then please speak up XD

8/21/2011 #2,692
Nicki BluIs

im trying to block that shit out of my brain

lol I was too. Until I totally switched programs and decided to make school my bitch. Or at least it is in my head XD

8/21/2011 #2,693
Fractured Illusion

Until I totally switched programs and decided to make school my bitch.

you go girl XD pimp it up! any tips on how to make school your bitch tho? cuz i wanna dominate the shit out of mine too if I could haha

switched programs though? does that mean you chose something entirely different or in a related field? you did journalism before right?

8/21/2011 #2,694
Nicki BluIs

Frac I just remember this chart! http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php

I never tried it but it might help :)

8/21/2011 #2,695
Fractured Illusion

hmmm...

fruits is prolly best. it is sweet and stuff, so i'd fill my craving that way

its just there are no fruits home at the moment. XD

8/21/2011 #2,696
Fractured Illusion

oh wait i think im wrong :o there was that peach thing...

8/21/2011 #2,697
Nicki BluIs

how to make school your bitch:

1) Realize you are paying for it (in one way the other) so it should serve you

2) Realize that it is a means to an end. All that stuff you heard about learning for the sake of learning is BULLSHIT.

I switched fields completely. I studied journalism in my first yr of uni but had to move to stupid Canada in a rush and couldn't find a journalism program here. So I studied Caribbean Studies and European studies (read: politics and history) up until last year. In the fall I'm starting a one year publishing program so I can be a big shot editor and edit all of your books :D

8/21/2011 #2,698
Nicki BluIs

(Unless the books suck. Then I'll just write scathing rejection letters. Man. Getting paid to flame ppl...)

8/21/2011 #2,699
Fractured Illusion

omg when you're bigshot you can even have your own edit blog XD those can be so hilarious, showing the mistakes of the (anonymous to us readers) people who send in manuscripts to them haha

how does the course assigment for editing look like?

8/21/2011 #2,700
« Prev Page 1 .. 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 100 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member