The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
this wild abyss

Edit: PPPP

7/15/2012 . Edited 7/15/2012 #301
this wild abyss

Edit: VRIG

7/15/2012 . Edited 7/15/2012 #302
lookingwest

lol i love that post i was stressed out

then I forgot to mention that Jess was the tie-breaking vote, and she voted on skype, xD

7/15/2012 #303
lookingwest

i love that post i wrote*

is what i was saying in my head but did not type

7/15/2012 #304
lookingwest

i feel really really anxious right now D:

why am I so anxious

7/15/2012 #305
this wild abyss

where are you arguing oogle?

Well, you know how I have a book blog because 1) it's an avenue into the publishing industry 2) I get free books and 3) it's pretty dang fun? Well, I posted a review that was somewhat critical, and another reader said I was "wrong"...uh...what? Right.

So then she complained about it to the author (classy, right?), and then author made a post on his Facebook page (also very classy).

So now I've had a crap ton of visitors who are all on my side. (Wow, guess what, snotty comment lady? I'm allowed to have my own opinion!!!) Then she got all defensive and then somebody else made a big deal because I'm underage so she's "crushing my love of books or whatever" (ahahaha you'll have to do more than that to make me stop liking books).

Basically it's just a big mess. And it's such a common trend to. You're new to Goodreads so you've missed out on most of the drama, but basically authors (especially in the YA genre) tend to attack reviewers who don't give rave reviews. 2012 had been a crazy authors behaving badly year.

Only in this case it's not an author but another reader, except the author is peripherally involved and I hope to god he doesn't show up because that breaches all sorts of author/reviewer protocols.

7/15/2012 #306
this wild abyss

lol i love that post i was stressed out

then I forgot to mention that Jess was the tie-breaking vote, and she voted on skype, xD

What?

7/15/2012 #307
lookingwest

What?

very first post of this thread

7/15/2012 #308
this wild abyss

very first post of this thread

Ah.

7/15/2012 #309
lookingwest

you can be an "author" on goodreads? what do they like self-publish on that site?

I don't really understand a lot of it still, xD

but yeah that sounds dumb and frustrating. it's really hard to step off and let that kind of thing go - i've gone awhile without engaging with anyone.

I think usually when I'm angry I go here or to Skype and I just complain and get pissed at other people, xD

Poor you guys...hahaha

7/15/2012 #310
lookingwest

you can be an "author" on goodreads? what do they like self-publish on that site?

I don't really understand a lot of it still, xD

but yeah that sounds dumb and frustrating. it's really hard to step off and let that kind of thing go - i've gone awhile without engaging with anyone.

I think usually when I'm angry I go here or to Skype and I just complain and get pissed at other people, xD

Poor you guys...hahaha

7/15/2012 #311
lookingwest

DOUBLE POST WHOAAAAaAUAUUU

7/15/2012 #312
this wild abyss

No, you can't publish, but you can make an author profile page and build up a presence online. Especially with YA, it's important to do that, I guess.

I know, dude. I'm not going to say anything after what I said this afternoon but everyone else is jumping on the "protect Oogs" bandwagon and it's getting out of control. Oh well.

7/15/2012 #313
lookingwest

welp. at least i have my first sentence for this chapter.

7/15/2012 #314
lookingwest

I know, dude. I'm not going to say anything after what I said this afternoon but everyone else is jumping on the "protect Oogs" bandwagon and it's getting out of control. Oh well.

Yeah I think you're doing the right thing just backing off from it - let the kids argue. xD

7/15/2012 #315
this wild abyss

ANYWAY.

Can someone please go track down the RH mod and have her delete all the topics? I just got a notification for another one.

Goodness.

7/15/2012 #316
this wild abyss

By the way, Potter, I'm reading this book that sort of reminds me of Brick. XD

7/15/2012 #317
lookingwest

Can someone please go track down the RH mod and have her delete all the topics? I just got a notification for another one.

RIGHT? They should just make me a mod there too, xDDDD Ahahaha, I would kick that forum's ass with organization. And bring out the whip in the review thread.

7/15/2012 #318
lookingwest

I should make an ironic

HEY NEWB ABOUT TO START A NEW TOPIC DON'T DO IT OR THE REGULARS WILL DISLIKE YOU INSTANTLY

thread

7/15/2012 #319
lookingwest

also wow, yeah, it got way worse in the past few days - it's like a spam forum now.

7/15/2012 #320
lookingwest

hey i could advertise for my forum if i made one though because NO ONE IS AROUND TO CARE ANYMORE

7/15/2012 #321
this wild abyss

LOL

7/15/2012 #322
this wild abyss

I think I'm going to go brave Skype backlog. :O

7/15/2012 #323
this wild abyss

It's been like...two weeks, right?

14 days of backlog?

7/15/2012 #324
lookingwest

I think I'm going to go brave Skype backlog. :O

There is some M rated conversation from me at the moment so watch out I'm being saucy and having an M rated character dilemma, xDD

7/15/2012 #325
this wild abyss

There is some M rated conversation from me at the moment so watch out I'm being saucy and having an M rated character dilemma, xDD

Good to know, XD

7/15/2012 #326
this wild abyss

I should play the games or something. IDK

7/15/2012 #327
lookingwest

i was supposed to write tonight

HA

HAHAHAHA

HHAAAAAAAAA

7/15/2012 #328
lookingwest

I knew a girl who tried to walk across a lake, of course it was winter, and all of this was ice...

7/15/2012 #329
TinfoilKnight

Fuck this, I give up. 69's not too bad... Right?

7/15/2012 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member