The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
FirstBloom13

that sounds great, starleaf ^_^

I'll look for a link or something if I can, otherwise I'll just give you a summary of the play.

I accept. This request is now CLOSED.

---off topic---

haha little billy virgin ^_^

---end off topic---

10/24/2008 . Edited 10/24/2008 #151
Nicki BluIs

Friday October 31st

I WANT A BETA

The working title of the story is TTYL Oneshot: Kym. The official summary is:

syren23 (13:16:55) – Wow. Two dates and a passionate kiss. And you’re telling me this now. Way to keep me posted, buddy.

This line is from Chap 3 of my story TTYL. The story is an as of yet unposted romance one shot based on the convo between Charly and Kym in the Chap 3. So far i've only got 486 words T_T

I need help with getting my thoughts out of my head and onto the paper. I need a cheerleader becuz i get lazy/discouraged very quickly and need someone to keep me motivated/crack the whip. I need help with narration and character development.

EDIT: plz note that the oneshot is NOT in chat format; plz also note that i am super nice and take criticism very well... not that there's much to criticize... i just need someone to help me brainstorm... so once again: Any takers?

EDIT (again): I'll pay you. I am willing to pay 1 depth review for every 2 weeks you spend as my beta. I am that depserate. I can't continue with TTYL until this onshot is done and I can't finish the oneshot until I get motivated and inspired. Pwetty Pwease? *does puppy dog pout*

10/31/2008 . Edited 11/2/2008 #152
Nicki BluIs

*sigh* Tis with a heavy heart that I CLOSE this request. I would appreciate it if the mods would be so kind as to drag my sorry carcass to the Left Over list

11/2/2008 #153
improvisationallychallenged

Request opened 6/11/08

I WANT A BETA I'm a complete newbie to this, so if I'm going about this the wrong way, please say.

I have great difficulty in recognising both the bad and the good points of anything I write, so would be very grateful to a honest, critical opinion of my work. The story I'm working is a supernatural/paranormal tale called 'Mirror Mite', which, seeing as it's me, will probably have a slight element of horror to it. (I don't choose to write creepy, icky things. It just sort of happens...)

As of yet, I have no idea of the length, but I don't think it's going to explode into anything massive or saga-sized. I have the first three (or is it four?) chapters up on my profile, all in need of betaing, so check it out and see what you think. While I have a basic idea for where the story is going to go, I'm in great need of advice on pacing, and organisation of the plot, and would be very receptive to any criticisms and suggestions made.

I am also a dyslexic/dyspraxic so will often make occasional, and very strange spelling errors, and my use of grammar can be a little erratic. I'm talking really minor problems here, but problems all the same. Let me know if you're interested...

EDIT: Don't forget to bold that beginning thing.

11/6/2008 . Edited by simpleplan13, 11/6/2008 #154
Sophronia Lee

I'm just a lowly newbie beta, but I would love to beta for you!

Skills: I'm really good with grammar, punctuation, etc. I will be brutally honest with you on every point of your story. I'm really good at monitoring things like pace and plot depth and whatnot, but I might have some problems helping you fix it.

Weaknesses: I suck at writing fluff. I can tell you if your fluffy stuff is good or bad, but I cannot help you edit it. Also, silly mistakes sometimes escape my notice, and I tend to procrastinate.

EDIT: Beta Profile Link (please include this in beta offers)

11/9/2008 . Edited by simpleplan13, 11/10/2008 #155
improvisationallychallenged

cbei, it would be great to have you as a beta. Is that okay?

11/10/2008 #156
Fractured Illusion

Time is out, and further I assume Cherry will agree to beta you.

Contact from now on will be outside Beta Network.

CLOSED

11/10/2008 #157
noebody

I WANT A BETA - 11/15/08

Title: "Bubbles Erotica"

Summary: The Mermaid Princess is sent to the human world to heal her fear of Mermen. In doing so she runs into a cross-dressing perverted Prince who's head over heels in love with her. Will he be able to help her get over her fear while making her fall in love?

Genre: Romance/Fantasy

The story has been posted already. I mainly need help with grammer and spelling. I tend to update weekly or biweekly depends on how busy I am. Oh and a sidenote my story is rated M and has sexual humor in it so I need a beta that won't be bothered by that. Thanks look forward from hearing from all of you.

11/15/2008 #158
Tekla

11/19 - Because the 3 day time limit is up, I declare this request

CLOSED.

Please PM a mod if you wish to be added to the left over list.

11/19/2008 #159
Link Broken

I WANT A BETA!

11/22/08

Could I get my story Till Death Do You Part beta-ed please? It's about a girl who's about to get married and a ghost who's haunting her. It's a romance.

It has already been posted on fp, and has 25 chapters. It's complete but just a first draft.

I update really irregularly. I would like help with plot, grammer, characterization, description, and any way how to improve it really.

Thank you!

Edit by Frac: Please include everything post requirements tells you to add in the future. It is tiresome for me to delete and add etc.

11/22/2008 . Edited by Fractured Illusion, 11/22/2008 #160
Nicki BluIs

3 days were up like yesterday, so i declare thsi post oh so very

CLOSED

PM a mod to be added to left over list

11/26/2008 #161
LeonAle

I WANT A BETA! 11/28/08

The story I need beta-ed is "The Visitors". It's my first story on FictionPress; I've posted up to Chapter 3 so far. It's a Supernatural fanfic and also, to a lesser extent, horror. I'll give a brief description:

Harold Jenkins is driving along a dark road at night, and his mission is to deliver a secret package to a group of "Officials". Along the way, strange events occur, and he gets thrown into an encounter with beings that are not of this world. His task is hindered as he is captured by the beings and taken away on their ship.

I haven't updated in a very, VERY long time, due to the large load of homework I need to get through every day (and usually even more on weekends). Right now I am working on developing the plot and just set a path for me to follow until I am able to update regularly once again. I would like help on generally everything- particularly developing characters, creating a good flow with easy-to-follow dialogue, and creating descriptions that actually describe without going overboard.

Well, I think that covers everything. Is anyone willing to beta my story?

11/28/2008 . Edited 11/28/2008 #162
Fractured Illusion

Please add date

11/28/2008 #163
LeonAle

I posted my beta request on November 28th.

OT

Do I need to post the whole request again, or is this fine?

End OT

11/28/2008 #164
Fractured Illusion

--- OT ---

Editing it into the first post will do

--- END OF OT ---

11/28/2008 #165
ThatEmKid

(Off Topic)

I think that the request has been open for three days, as today is the 30th. May I post a request?

(End Off Topic)

11/30/2008 #166
Fractured Illusion

No. It opened at 8:52 pm, and that is when it will close. It is only am so far.

11/30/2008 #167
Tekla

and now that it is 10:21, and because the 3 day time limit is up, I declare this request

CLOSED.

Please PM a mod if you wish to be added to the left over list. :)

11/30/2008 #168
ThatEmKid

I WANT A BETA 12/1/08

I would like a beta for my not started (or posted) story I will be working on. I do not currently have a title in mind, but it will be rated T adn the genre will be Angst/Friendship and here is a little summary:

Elise Philpotts, a shy 18 year old, enters year 12 at her local high school. Only problem is, the "popular" group in that grade have a plan. After they invite Elise to a party, they dare her to sleep with Matt Gilbert, a hot guy in year 12 who Elise is friends with and crushes over madly. Feeling vulnerable and scared of being made fun of, Elise bravely accepts the dare. A few weeks later, Miley (one of the popular girls) notices Elise buying a pregnancy test in the local chemist. Still pretending to be friends with her, Miley invites Elise over to her house. But while Miley is gone, Elise finds an email on her laptop saying that it was all a plan.

You will find out more if you become my beta. ^_^

11/30/2008 #169
Tekla

12/4 - Because the 3 day time limit is up, I declare this request

CLOSED.

Please PM a mod if you wish to be added to the left over list. :)

12/4/2008 #170
WhenceComethThisBoredom

I WANT A BETA! (4 December 2008, 10.30 am PST) I want a beta who is dedicated to his/her task, and isn't going to give up after the first chapter. I mean it. I'm a flake too, I plead guilty, but I know there are better people out there than me, and hopefully one of them will read this and be interested.

So. My story. It's not on ficpress, thus necessitating exchange of chapters and reviews by email or that arcane little "docx" ficpress feature. If you don't mind. I'd prefer email.

The story is very long - something like 60 chapters, maybe 150,000 words. My working title is not worth mentioning. I suppose it's fantasy, since it has multiple varieties of human living in a preindustrial society... people with pointed ears... who carry swords... and vampires... and shapeshifters... but, oh! it wishes it were so much more! Mainly it's about two idealistic brothers who have adventures and their evil backstabbing mother and a big war being prosecuted by a woman who thinks she's a god. It's most definitely rated 'R', for graphic violence, rape, torture, foul language, adult themes, suggested cannibalism, and implied drug use. I can absolutely guarantee author enthusiasm.

I don't need help with spelling or grammar; what I want is essentially a test reader. I want to know how my characters come across, how you perceive them, if you like them, if they seem real, how you imagine them, if they behave stupidly in a given situation; I want to know if my plot is interesting, engaging, deep, corny, contrived, if there are any gaping holes, if it made you feel a certain way; I want to know if you get a sense of the world, the races, the people, the political situation; I want to know if I'm being overly wordy and I want to know what scenes seem unnecessary with an eye to paring this monster of a story down; and if you have any suggestions for a new title or how I might fill in some of the (several) large gaps in the story. So, basically, I want to know everything. And I especially want brutal honesty - I can take it.

I know this one's a doozy, but please consider beta-ing for me! Consider it a challenge! My real-life friends have told me it's good, and I promise you it won't burn your eyes with grammar and spelling mistakes. Thank you!

-Boredom

PS. And if you're not serious about being a beta, please don't say you'll do it. I only want someone who's actually going to read this. Thanks.

12/4/2008 . Edited 12/4/2008 #171
Nicki BluIs

I'm a flake. Just thought I'd put it out there. I procrastinate, I get sidetracked, and I often just forget. That said your story sound really interesting and I would love to be your beta.

I'm a voracious reader. When I'm hooked on a book/story good luck trying to pull me away. So if your story is half as interesting as I think it is then that'll probably nullify my aforementioned flakiness. Also. I'm on break for a month. So I basically have unlimited amounts of free time to fill up - another way to kill the flakiness. Finally, I'm all about the big picture. I think the two most important aspects of a story is developing the character and conveying the message to the reader. So that's what I focus on when I beta. I am beta-ing two stories (and a third maybe but I think she flaked on me :P):

Severed Ties by fatbird33

Of Band Geeks and Revolution by ohthevoices

I tend to prefer email because DocX is [insert bad words here]. I think I'm a damn good beta. I work really hard to make sure the story I'm reading is the best damn story it can be. So yeah. Anyway if you'd give me the chance I promise I won't let you down. So pick me. (And by default please. I'd like to think you actually believe I'd be of use :P)

Nicki :P

my Beta Profile

12/4/2008 #172
simpleplan13

--OFF TOPIC--

CLARIFICATION: Three days means 72 hours. For example, the last one was opened 12/4 at 10:30 am. 24 hours from then is 12/5 at 10:30 am; 48 hours from then is 12/6 at 10:30 am; 72 hours from then is 12/7 at 10:30 am.

An easier way is add 3 to the day it was opened (in the above example 12/4+3 is 12/7) and always keep the time they opened it in mind as well.

Do not close a request unless you have counted this way. If you are unsure please visit problems/questions.

--END OFF TOPIC--

12/4/2008 . Edited 12/4/2008 #173
E.D. Fiorentino

--OFF TOPIC--

I'm pretty sure you mean 72 hours, Simpleplan13. 36 hours would put you at somewhere between one and two days.

--END OFF TOPIC--

12/4/2008 #174
simpleplan13

--OFF TOPIC--

Thanks, neither Frac nor I caught that!

--END OFF TOPIC--

12/4/2008 #175
WhenceComethThisBoredom

All right, Nicki BluIs, I'm going to take you at your word. If you have no objections, I accept you as my beta, and I hereby declare this... uh... bidding war... um... officially CLOSED.

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #176
AtlantisGirl12

I Want a Beta! Monday, December 8--2:25 EST

I would like someone to beta an untitled one shot for me. It's a tragedy/romance...I'm trying for a tear-jerker here! :D Anyway, it is currently 4,300 words, but I think the finished project will be no more than 6,000 words. It's mostly done (!!) so I don't think my beta will have to wait long for revisions. I'm usually pretty strong with my grammar/spelling, so I'm mainly looking for someone to take a look out my dialogue and flow. Also, if they are good at deciding where flashbacks go, that's a plus! :D

I think that's all...

12/8/2008 #177
Indicates

Hey there uh, AtlantisGirl. I'll beta for you. You may check my beta profile for more detail on what I'm already discussing, but I am good at dialogue and of course, grammar. Passive tenses are my flaws so as always, I suggest at least another beta if your one-shot is filled with those.

~Snuffie

12/8/2008 #178
AtlantisGirl12

Hi Snuffie!

Thank you for offering to beta for me! I accept your offer so this request is now CLOSED.

12/11/2008 #179
concerto49

I WANT A BETA 15/12/2008 8:24pm (Says on my Calendar...)

Just started rewriting/continuing 'Elegant Emotions' and realized I have a habit of making some weird typos and other stuff, and due to my current time constraints, it'd be great to have someone look over it before I start posting things again. Usually 'to' becomes 'the', 'me' becomes 'be' and a few other things. Of course, feel free to comment on anything else.

The current story is partially posted, but it is going for a major rehaul, so if you're interested in the story and wish to help, then please. Lastly, the only other condition is that you're rather more free this week to begin with (Monday here) as I hope to do a lot this week (as I have to leave for about a week or so after that before I can return to do this stuff).

12/15/2008 . Edited 12/15/2008 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member