The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 .. Last Next »
deadaccount2019

Aaah, Lyra, I wanna go on a rant now about something with BatB!

Beast obviously had a motive for keeping Belle around, but he never actually considered it before Lumiere (or was it Cogsworth? anyway...) mentioned it, and even then that wasn't until AFTER Beast showed remorse for not letting her say goodbye to Maurice. And then after that the servants just kept pushing and pushing Beast and Belle to warm up to each other, which actually is a nasty little reminder of how people kept pushing me to go out with a friend during highschool. But like, the whole wolf attack is the reason Belle saw he gives a crap about more than himself, and at the same time the reason Beast realized maybe someone other than his staff might give a crap about him. The whole banter between them while she's tending to him is just loaded with "Shit, I misjudged him/her," vibes and Beast just happened to be the reason for that particular misadventure (although Beast was totally right to point out the fact that she broke a boundary going into the west wing).

9/21/2015 . Edited 9/21/2015 #751
deadaccount2019
*still needs to work out why the nesting dragon mama wouldn't slaughter everyone in sight*

This has to be the weirdest week ever for Sally. 'Man, I just want my babies to hatch in peace but there're all these interdimensional monsters coming after my eggs and then there's this weird fluffy thing following me around...? Like it attacked me once but then it fought off the monsters with me, so that was cool. But then it turned into me and that was fucking uncalled for, but now it's helping me guard the nest...? Is the fluffy thing real or have I finally cracked? Dragon life is so damn hard, fml.'

Maybe dragon mama is too tired from worrying over her eggs?

Or she knows one blast of fire will make Dragon-Fried Human?

9/21/2015 #752
deadaccount2019

So anyway, yeah. Point of my previous rant:

1) Beast was a good asshole before he got the "break the spell" idea.

2) The staff were total asses for trying to force a relationship.

3) Crossed boundaries are not okay (buuuut Disney's pretty bad for letting boundary-crossing slide for fem characters, so this is more a genre ranty thing than a BatB-specific point; plus Beast still wins a douche award for that flip-out.)

9/21/2015 #753
RedactedNoLongerWriting

If I really wanted to, I could have them fight, but I'd rather not. At the mo I'm thinking Dusty just shifts human again and Sally is like whut ('cause she's never seen him in human form). And then he shifts into the dog again and shows his belly to her and she's like '.......*walks away*' 'cause they sorta have this weird dog/dragon friendship going on now. But maybe you're right about the tired thing. She knows fluffy-Dusty is not a threat and she seems intelligent enough that she could make the connection that her weird doppelganger is the fluffy groupie. Then she'd just go sleep 'til a real threat shows up. *trails off to muttering*

9/21/2015 #754
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Oh yeah, the staff are basically all just as self-centered as the Beast apparently was when the sorceress lady showed up. It's pretty sad when Chip is basically the only genuine one of all of them. Not that Chip is a bad character, but really? Of everyone in that castle, the child is the only one with adequate empathy?

9/21/2015 #755
RedactedNoLongerWriting

I feel like there was at least one attempt on the Beast's life once the whole castle switched back. Like 'YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SHIT, WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG?!'

9/21/2015 #756
RedactedNoLongerWriting

I just had this image of Mrs. Potts being the one to do it because she was traumatized after taking care of all her teacup children for so long and then most of them became inanimate objects again.

READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK

Her family has been taken from her. She stares at the tea cupboard all day, remembering all their beautiful, unique personalities. When she looks away, she thinks she sees movement, but it is only in her mind. She begs Belle and the Beast to invest in a new tea set because she can't bear to see them anymore. They agree, and the old set is packed up in a crate. Servants go to move it and the crate falls. China pieces scatter everywhere. Mrs. Potts snaps. She grabs all the knives in the block and starts screaming. She is inconsolable. Belle and the Beast rush down to the kitchen to try and help their friend. She takes Belle hostage, screaming some unintelligible thing about loved ones and selfishness. Beast rushes over to save her. The blade flashes in the firelight from the stove. Blood spatters the floor. They all fall on the shattered remains of Mrs. Potts' imaginary family. Lumiere and the maid find their bodies sometime later. I won't talk about what they do next.

9/21/2015 #757
RedactedNoLongerWriting

I should really stay off the internet. I'm so sorry, OT.

9/21/2015 #758
deadaccount2019

Hahaha!

I'd actually like to know a lot about the background. I mean, Adam and the castle were cursed when he was 10 (going by info revealed in the movie; Rose would die in his 21st year, and Lumiere states in Be Our Guest that they've been cursed for ten years), so where were mum and dad in all this? I'm guessing they were good people, because the staff doesn't seem to actually harbor any anger over the whole thing.

I just had this image of Mrs. Potts being the one to do it because she was traumatized after taking care of all her teacup children for so long and then most of them became inanimate objects again.

READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK

Her family has been taken from her. She stares at the tea cupboard all day, remembering all their beautiful, unique personalities. When she looks away, she thinks she sees movement, but it is only in her mind. She begs Belle and the Beast to invest in a new tea set because she can't bear to see them anymore. They agree, and the old set is packed up in a crate. Servants go to move it and the crate falls. China pieces scatter everywhere. Mrs. Potts snaps. She grabs all the knives in the block and starts screaming. She is inconsolable. Belle and the Beast rush down to the kitchen to try and help their friend. She takes Belle hostage, screaming some unintelligible thing about loved ones and selfishness. Beast rushes over to save her. The blade flashes in the firelight from the stove. Blood spatters the floor. They all fall on the shattered remains of Mrs. Potts' imaginary family. Lumiere and the maid find their bodies sometime later. I won't talk about what they do next.

Lyra, you must write this fanfic! O_O

Also... How does Chip exist? He's the only one who didn't age throughout the curse, which means either he's weird and not as affected by the magic, or else he was conceived/born a cup. Like, wtf?

9/21/2015 #759
deadaccount2019
Lumiere and the maid find their bodies sometime later. I won't talk about what they do next.

It need not be spoken of. Lumiere and Fifi were fricken rabbits. It was the one suggestive thing I actually picked up on in Disney movies as a kid. XD

9/21/2015 #760
RedactedNoLongerWriting
Also... How does Chip exist? He's the only one who didn't age throughout the curse, which means either he's weird and not as affected by the magic, or else he was conceived/born a cup. Like, wtf?

....Excellent point. I always forget that they all aged while they were changed.

Or maybe they didn't? Maybe it was only Beast who aged, out of necessity for the curse, because symbolically he needs to grow up, while the servants only need to be there for him. In a way that explains their attitude a lot, doesn't it? They remain static for 10 years, while Beast is the only one who really changes at all, so his attitudes change but the others learn nothing from all of this.

9/21/2015 #761
deadaccount2019

Ah, another excellent point! :)

9/21/2015 #762
RedactedNoLongerWriting

Okay, it's been hours and I've only written 2 paragraphs. Time for me to get off the internet for real.

Ciao OT.

9/21/2015 #763
Dr. Self Destruct

Omg my cats will not leave me alone when I'm just lying here in bed lol they want me UP.

9/22/2015 #764
lookingwest

hooooray for the wcc win sica! just saw. haha.

9/22/2015 #765
lookingwest

back to reading raymond carver, i suppose

9/22/2015 #766
lookingwest

this book is about 10 short stories too many

9/22/2015 #767
deadaccount2019
Here i was thinking "Yea! Three days off!" Then mom calls, tells me she messed up her knee and needs help cleaning the house tomorrow. -_-
9/22/2015 #768
Dr. Self Destruct
hooooray for the wcc win sica! just saw. haha.

thanks, potter! c: I'm really excited I get to pick a prompt for next month, haha. It's been forever since I got to pick the prompt!

9/22/2015 #769
Shampoo Suicide
Hello OT! Nice job Sica! :D
9/22/2015 #770
deadaccount2019
Btw, Sica, gratz!
9/22/2015 #771
Dr. Self Destruct

Thanks guys!

Ugh, I feel like dookie. Damn period, lol.

9/22/2015 #772
Shampoo Suicide

Why did I say I'd have this essay by Friday?! Lolol

9/22/2015 #773
Dr. Self Destruct

Because you like to torture yourself!

9/22/2015 #774
Shampoo Suicide
Think you're right D:
9/22/2015 #775
deadaccount2019

All these people freaking about the Peter Dinklage gum thing, all I'm thinking is, "Yeah, Wayne and I would totally do the same thing to each other."

I mean come on, they're married for god's sake. I'm pretty sure they swap more than gum on a regular basis.

9/22/2015 #776
Dr. Self Destruct

I'd swap gum with Peter Dinklage.

9/22/2015 #777
deadaccount2019

Haha, yeah! :D

9/22/2015 #778
Inkspilled

I binged a lot of Dragob's Den today. Way too much.

9/22/2015 #779
Inkspilled

Dragon's.... I meant Dragon's. Ugh, scatterbrained. x.x

9/22/2015 #780
« Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member