The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

This is the thread to be in if you want to have some mindless fun. It is a game and contest, but reviews are not exchanged here.

One person will start, giving a word for people to use. This word has to be unconventional and not so known. Then, for max 3 days, people will try to make good use of this word, proving their skills as writers. The person that started the challenge declares a winner. The winner gets to choose the next word. And so the cycle continues.

Here is an example:

Person 1: NEW WORD! This round's word is highfalutin.

Person 2: The highfalutin woman was constantly flaunting herself as if she were God's gift to the Earth. In reality, no one liked her.

Person 3: The man wore his best suits everywhere he went, even to casual places like baseball games. This gave him a highfalutin appearance that kept others at bay.

Person 1: This round's winner is Person 2. CLOSED

Person 2: NEW WORD! This round's word is ______

etc.

When you use the word of the week, keep it to max two sentences per entered contributions. Max four contributions per post, but you can make how many posts you want.

Start with NEW WORD in bold, and close with CLOSED in bold. The winner has 24 hours to open a new round, otherwise it's up for anyone to grab.

It is expected that you research the word and its meaning yourself.

-

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

11/6/2008 . Edited 11/7/2008 #1
Lime-Cat

NEW WORD! This round's word is Triskaidekaphobia.

EDIT: Since there's a 3 day time limit, here's the date and time.

Start: November 6, 5:32PM FP Time

End: November 9, 5:32PM FP Time

11/6/2008 . Edited 11/6/2008 #2
Fractured Illusion

1. Peter's friends always mocked him for suffering from Triskaidekaphobia. They taunted him that the number 13 had cursed him real bad.

(peter is no one just an example person :p)

11/6/2008 #3
karma-dollie

1. Tracy's family knew she suffered from Triskaidekaphobia so on her thirteenth birthday they played a joke and decorated the house with thirteen ribbons in each room shaped like number thirteens. Tracy refused to leave the closet the entire day.

11/6/2008 #4
Nicki BluIs

Dear John,

It's been a great twelve days but you and me are over. I know it hurts but trust me, it's better this way; you wouldn't want to see me when my Triskaidekaphobia kicks in.

XOXO Kelly

OFF TOPIC

i think im pushing the 2 sentence limit here....

END OFF TOPIC

11/6/2008 #5
Fractured Illusion

--- OFF TOPIC ---

I think that works, though! It was 2 sentences.

--- END OF OFF TOPIC ---

11/6/2008 #6
Nicki BluIs

2. The discrimination in public schools is unbearble. The teacher insisted that I do all thirteen questions, completely ignoring my severe triskaidekaphobia.

11/6/2008 #7
Fractured Illusion

2. John has so far lived for 26 years without turning 13. He says his Triskaidekaphobia blessed with the age 12 twice.

11/6/2008 #8
Fractured Illusion

3. Join The Triskaidekaphobia Support Group today! Current membership status: 12 plus 1

11/6/2008 #9
karma-dollie

2. Because of his Triskaidekaphobia, Marty rarely spoke because he couldn't finish his ______. It was such a nuisance to end his sentences before he could _______.

(Count the words)

11/7/2008 . Edited 11/7/2008 #10
Fractured Illusion

Guy: "You know, Gilbert, for having Triskaidekaphobia, you're strangely comfortable with saying that word; it's like you don't know Triskaideka means thirteen."

Gilbert: "...Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom."

11/7/2008 #11
karma-dollie

3. "Honey, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you had Triskaidekaphobia or something," Thomas said jokingly while eyeing his wife's shopping list. "You forgot number thirteen on--ah!" he jumped as his wife screamed and ran from the room.

11/7/2008 #12
Kirrithian

Do you suffer from Triskadekaphobia? For free help contact us at 0800 13 13 13, or go online at www.whatiswrongwithhavingoneoclocktwiceanyway.com.

(and I managed to get it on the 13th post, sort of)

11/8/2008 . Edited 11/8/2008 #13
Lime-Cat

Ok, I'll stop tying up this thread...here are the favorites:

From Bubbles:

"Dear John,

It's been a great twelve days but you and me are over. I know it hurts but trust me, it's better this way; you wouldn't want to see me when my Triskaidekaphobia kicks in.

XOXO Kelly"

From Frac:

"Join The Triskaidekaphobia Support Group today! Current membership status: 12 plus 1"

""Guy: "You know, Gilbert, for having Triskaidekaphobia, you're strangely comfortable with saying that word; it's like you don't know Triskaideka means thirteen."

Gilbert: "...Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom."

From Radio:

"Because of his Triskaidekaphobia, Marty rarely spoke because he couldn't finish his ______. It was such a nuisance to end his sentences before he could _______."

""Honey, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you had Triskaidekaphobia or something," Thomas said jokingly while eyeing his wife's shopping list. "You forgot number thirteen on--ah!" he jumped as his wife screamed and ran from the room."

----

I declare the winner of this round is...Bubbles!!

CLOSED

11/9/2008 #14
Nicki BluIs

WOOT! NEW WORD: misanthrope

start: Nov. 9, 2008 3:23 pm.... GO!!!

11/9/2008 #15
Lime-Cat

A seriously bothered man goes to seek psychological help: "Doc, I think I'm what people call a misanthrope; what should I do?" Egbert asked. The doctor didn't respond and looked indifferent to Egbert's issue mainly because Egbert was forced to talk to a chimp, who was closest in resemblance to a human.

(does that count as two sentences? o_O)

11/9/2008 . Edited 11/9/2008 #16
Nicki BluIs

you didn't use the word lime!

EDIT: ok all better :P

11/9/2008 . Edited 11/9/2008 #17
Fractured Illusion

Manny the Misanthrope was well known for rejecting people's friendly advancements towards his person, and always spent his time online, raving on online forums. People wished Manny would get over himself already.

@lime

haha good one =D

This word is a tough one. I imagine I have to run a few sentences in my brain before coming up with something good, like last time :o

11/10/2008 #18
Fractured Illusion

Roland was a first class misanthrope, wishing to rid the world of his species with atomic weapons. It was just a shame, his henchmen thought, that he had to rely so much on humans to get the job done.

-

Someone, fight me!

11/10/2008 #19
Fractured Illusion

Welcome to The Misanthrope Forums, where you can rave TO people ABOUT people!

11/10/2008 #20
Lime-Cat

Fred: "My professor defined the term misanthrope for us in class today; I found it so funny 'cause it was almost as if he was describing you, Jim!"

"Uh...cool," Jim said with a nervous chuckle while inching away from Fred.

11/12/2008 . Edited 11/12/2008 #21
Kirrithian

There are three types of misanthrope in the world: Antisocailites, Sufferers and secondary school teachers.

11/12/2008 . Edited 11/12/2008 #22
Nicki BluIs

okay! after long deliberation I declare a winner!!

Roland was a first class misanthrope, wishing to rid the world of his species with atomic weapons. It was just a shame, his henchmen thought, that he had to rely so much on humans to get the job done.

yay for Frac!! CLOSED

11/12/2008 . Edited 11/12/2008 #23
Fractured Illusion

OMG I won, yay! =D

NEW WORD! This round's wordis encumbrance

Go! :D

Started 12th Nov.

11/12/2008 . Edited 11/12/2008 #24
FirstBloom13

becoming pregnant was a severe encumberance to Nancy's college plans.

XD I didn't look up the word so I hope I got the right def..

11/12/2008 #25
Nicki BluIs

1) Harold rifled through the classified ads. If he wanted to pay off his encumbrance he would need a second job.

11/12/2008 #26
Fractured Illusion

Nicki BluIs is the winner of this very lonesome round.

CLOSED

11/15/2008 #27
Nicki BluIs

sigh, its not as fun when no one's playin!!!

NEW WORD is: gregarious

Nov. 15 5:39 FP time

GO!!!!

11/15/2008 #28
Fractured Illusion

Sally was such a gregarious person that she always kept her friends around. Even as she went to long bathroom breaks.

11/15/2008 #29
karma-dollie

Bill waited for his gregarious wife to return from her plane trip and spotted her immediately when he arrived at the airport. She was the small woman who looked more at ease near a group of rough mobsters than with no one at all.

11/17/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member