The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
lookingwest

-

WRITING CHALLENGE CONTEST

JULY

Prompt:

I am an endangered species

But I sing no victim's song

I am a woman I am an artist

And I know where my voice belongs

I know where my soul belongs

I know where I belong

-Dianne Reeves, 'Endangered Species'

Prompt given by last month's winner: Nesasio

In your registration post, state that you wish to participate and that you will review the winner. When you have finished your piece, edit the link into the post. Also say what you would like to have reviewed, should you win.

Remember, even though there must be a connection between your submitted piece and the prompt, you need not make "obvious" connections. The prompt is meant to inspire.

Registrations and submissions have now started! Edit in the link to your piece in your registration post once it has been created. You can register and submit your work until the end of the 7th (midnight EST). Remember, one piece per person! We accept both poetry (500 word limit) and stories (2,000 word limit).

*Due to low participation, we may be willing to give extensions on the deadline to no later than the 9th (midnight EST).

If you have any preference on what you want reviewed if you win, write that into your registration post.

It is okay to promote voting through author note or your profile.

If you have any questions, ask at Problems/Questions.

If you find bumps on your way, you can go to Help with your writing and get help there.

Otherwise, Resources for Writing has some nifty links to help you along with uncertain areas.

Also, don't forget to read the first page for all additional rules!

7/1/2015 #3,271
lookingwest

I'm in and will review the winner.

My entry: Ponygirl

7/1/2015 . Edited 7/12/2015 #3,272
Lie Ono

I would like to enter a piece. My entry is Sewing and Folding.

I have read the rules and understand that I need to review the winner with an in depth review.

7/1/2015 . Edited 7/1/2015 #3,273
Shampoo Suicide

I'm in and will review the winner

Missed Connection

7/5/2015 #3,274
lookingwest

EXTENSION NOTICE - due to low participation this month, the deadline will be extended to the 9th (11:59PM EST)

7/7/2015 . Edited 7/7/2015 #3,275
m. b. whitlock

I'm in! Just made the deadline IT's 12am... :)

My entry The Women

7/9/2015 #3,276
m. b. whitlock

Maybe another extension...? Get a coupla more entries?

7/10/2015 #3,277
Dragondfly

If there's an extension by about one more day, I'd be in and will review the winner.

7/10/2015 #3,278
Lie Ono

I'll agree to an extension if Shampoo Suicide agrees.

I think it's only fair if everyone does, heh.

7/10/2015 . Edited 7/10/2015 #3,279
m. b. whitlock
I'll agree to an extension if Shampoo Suicide agrees. I think it's only fair if everyone does, heh.

I agree that all participants should agree. Thanks for saying that, Lie Ono! :) And (obviously) I agree to an extension. What do you think, Nads? Potter? Sica?

7/10/2015 #3,280
lookingwest

Hey guys! Sorry sorry - I am literally in the middle of nowhere Nebraska for a family reunion right now, haha!

I would loooove if we could extend until Monday, so I'm just going to make an executive decision to close voting at midnight this Monday (11:59pm).

HOPE EVERYONE IS OKAY WITH THAT! ;D (I also wanted to enter and have not had the time like I thought I would, so heh. We will make it work!)

7/10/2015 #3,281
m. b. whitlock
I would loooove if we could extend until Monday, so I'm just going to make an executive decision to close voting at midnight this Monday (11:59pm).

She means submissions close at 11:59pm EST Monday July 13th. So get your pieces in before then. :)

7/10/2015 . Edited 7/10/2015 #3,282
lookingwest

Yes what mb said, sorry! My wi-fi is so spotty here! DX

7/12/2015 #3,283
lookingwest

REMINDER: Today is the last day to get a piece in - I close the submissions tonight at 11:59pm EST!

Voting will extend a full 6 days and be closed on July 19th at 11:59pm EST! (If anyone takes issue with this, plz let me know in P&Q)

7/13/2015 . Edited 7/13/2015 #3,284
Stephanie M. Moore

Ah, what the hell. I'm in. It's been a while, but I still remember how this work... and I solemnly swear to review the winner.

My submission: In Memory

7/13/2015 #3,285
Dragondfly
Sorry everyone, I thought I could pull something out of my skull in time but I don't think it's going to happen. Even though I'm not submitting anything, I will still review the winner.
7/13/2015 #3,286
lookingwest

-

POLL IS UP!

PLEASE REFER TO THE CURRENT OFF TOPIC - 144 Ways to Ride to Valhalla! TO CAST YOUR VOTE FOR JULY'S WRITING CHALLENGE CONTEST.

Voting ends at midnight (11:59pm) on JULY 19TH. (EST)

-

Please let me know if there are any spelling errors or anything else wrong in the poll!

7/13/2015 #3,287
lookingwest

REMINDER - LAST DAY TO GET YOUR VOTES IN! SEE ABOVE POST FOR DETAILS!

7/19/2015 #3,288
lookingwest

-

Winner:

m.b. whitlock

-

I just wish to remind everyone: you are fully allowed to review other participants. The MINIMUM however is to review the winner (or whoever they wish to donate their winning reviews to) with one depth review.

You have until the 30th to review the winner.

-

Participants that are expected to review the winner:

lookingwest -- DONE

Stephanie M. Moore -- DONE

Lie Ono -- DONE

Shampoo Suicide -- DONE

Dragondfly -- DONE

-

When you have reviewed in accordance to the review requirements, I will check you off the list. PM me what piece you reviewed (and if it has several chapters - what chapter). Don't just say "I reviewed," because I need to check the validity of your review before you're checked off.

Winner, please PM me what you would like the next WCC prompt to be. It must be delivered before the 28th.

--

Review requirements are Depth, and stated in the first post.

--

Total participants: 6

Total active participants: 5

Total amount of voters: 9

--

Score board:

"The Women" by m.b. whitlock -- 5 votes

"In Memory" by Stephanie M. Moore -- 4 votes

"Sewing and Folding" by Lie Ono -- 4 votes

"Missed Connection" by Shampoo Suicide -- 2 votes

"Ponygirl" by lookingwest -- 1 votes

-

THANK YOU, EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED AND/OR VOTED!

7/19/2015 . Edited 8/2/2015 #3,289
m. b. whitlock

Hey thanks everyone! This was a really fun WCC. Nesasio, thanks for the prompt! :)

I feel honored because all the entries were really strong, intriguing and quite different. It seems like 'I am an endangered species' and 'I sing no victim's song' and 'I know where my soul belongs' were the most inspirational lines.

Well, since I failed to indicate earlier what I'd like reviewed, just want to let everyone know that reviews of The Women would be great, but if you have already reviewed that (or prefer to review one of my other pieces) reviews of either Loreley Island or The Queen of the Dawn are fine. If you have not read Loreley or The Queen of the Dawn before, please start with Chapter 1, the stories will not make sense otherwise. :)

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks again!

mbw

7/19/2015 #3,290
Shampoo Suicide
Congrats mb! :D
7/20/2015 #3,291
lookingwest

'grats whit!

7/20/2015 #3,292
m. b. whitlock

Thanks again! XD

Potter, hope you got my prompt for August. ..and that it makes some kind of sense...?

7/31/2015 #3,293
lookingwest

I did, sorry, i'm in the middle of a move so haven't had internet until now!

8/1/2015 #3,294
lookingwest

8/1/2015 #3,295
lookingwest

8/1/2015 #3,296
lookingwest

8/1/2015 #3,297
lookingwest

8/1/2015 #3,298
lookingwest

8/1/2015 #3,299
lookingwest

8/1/2015 #3,300
« Prev Page 1 .. 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member