The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 .. Last Next »
Loss of Words

I tried, but it won't let me click the "insert/edit link" button. ?

12/8/2010 #1,171
Fractured Illusion

You have to highlight/mark the text/letters/word(s) you want to have be a clickable link. Then the "insert/edit link" button can be clicked.

12/8/2010 #1,172
Loss of Words

Ah ha! Thank you so much, that makes things worlds easier.

I was trying to link The Review Game in my profile last week and was rather frustrated at my inability to put in said link.

12/8/2010 . Edited 12/14/2010 #1,173
Eiya Weathes

Hi everyone!

I just want to say good luck to everyone who participated and to those who weren't able to submit anything, well hopefully you guys can make up for it next month.

I'm about to pee my pants in excitement. I guess that's what I get for being a writing-loving uh...awesome person. I don't recommend any piece. All of them are well-written and I think I shouldn't do any 'advertising' because the choice is up to the voters. It's all about their opinion and opinion is needed in writing, I guess. :)) So again, everyone, please participate in the voting and good luck to everyone!

12/10/2010 #1,174
C. Tattiana H-H

If you're wondering who to vote for (aside from me, of course :P ), I highly recommend Skyward Ending's piece "Sky." It is absolutely beautiful. :)

A tad inappropriate, I think. There were a great many brilliant pieces this month, and I think advertising should be done outside of this thread. You know, just to be fair to everyone. :P

But, yeah, had a really tough time choosing between four pieces this time. Like, really tough time. Ha-ha. Excellent work, everyone! I look forward to seeing the results on Wednesday.

12/12/2010 #1,175
Loss of Words

Technically, it'd be fairest for all the advertising to be on this thread alone, since limiting advertising to the writer's profiles would give huge advantage to the writers who have a lot of readers. :P

But for the sake of keeping the thread clean, and because the advertisement was in partial response to how moved I was by "Sin," rather than the intent of simple advertising, I've removed the advert. and responded to the piece properly.

12/14/2010 . Edited 12/14/2010 #1,176
C. Tattiana H-H

limiting advertising to the writer's profiles would give huge advantage to the writers who have a lot of readers.

Advertising isn't limited to the writer's profiles, though...

the advertisement was in partial response to how moved I was by "Sin," rather than the intent of simple advertising,

I feel you; Sin was wonderful read. It was your wording ("if you're wondering who to vote for") I found inappropriate. Saying a piece moved you is different from telling readers which piece(s) to vote for. Personally, I read the reviews left on WCC submissions to see what other people thought, and to see if there was something I might have overlooked in my reading. I think that's one excellent form of advertisement; leaving a review with your thoughts.

No stress, though. No harm, no foul. :)

12/14/2010 #1,177
Loss of Words

It's whatever. I appreciate you letting me know that you found it inappropriate. However, I chose to change it for my own reasons, as stated above. :P I'm not going to get in a fuller argument about what constitutes fairness on fictionpress either, since the rules only curtail excessive and inappropriate spamming, refusing to review, etc, of which I feel my post was neither. And I'm just gonna leave it at that, and move onto more fun things. :)

I completely agree, there definitely were a lot of really great pieces here - there's no denying that. I feel really happy and excited to be able to participate in a writing contest with so many passionate and dedicated writers - who else would spend the weeks leading up to Christmas writing poetry and book chapters and one-shot fictional pieces?? I am amazed by such dedication and love for this craft. My brothers are all busy playing video games and doing homework, and... well, actually, I need to get back to my studying for finals, so I'm not one to talk. See y'all tomorrow. :)

12/14/2010 . Edited 12/14/2010 #1,178
lookingwest

I completely agree, there definitely were a lot of really great pieces here - there's no denying that. I feel really happy and excited to be able to participate in a writing contest with so many passionate and dedicated writers - who else would spend the weeks leading up to Christmas writing poetry and book chapters and one-shot fictional pieces?? I am amazed by such dedication and love for this craft.

Is that sarcasm? XD

12/14/2010 #1,179
Fractured Illusion

Is that sarcasm? XD

Why would you assume that?

And why is this conversation even taking place? Loss of Words did something unconventional but it wasn't mean spirited and it wasn't against the rules. There's nothing more to it.

Either way. Voting ends today. So if you haven't voted, but want to, there's still time. You got like, 3 hours.

12/14/2010 #1,180
C. Tattiana H-H

Oh, wow. Date reading fail. I thought it was December 12th for the past two days now. T_T But, you know, the 12 represents the month, not the day. Heh. You're a real keeper, Liana.

12/14/2010 #1,181
Fractured Illusion

POLL HAS CLOSED!

AND THE WINNER OF WCC DECEMBER IS...

Skyward Ending with her piece "Sin"!

Congrats!

Now, to remind everyone: ALL participants have two weeks to review Skyward Ending with a depth review. This means it needs to be done by the end of the 28th. For review requirements please look at the first post.

-

You can review whatever you choose from the winner. It doesn't need to be the winning piece.

The review must be delivered til the 28th. If you think you have any trouble delivering it by that time, please tell us in Problems/Questions.

You are bound by depth review requirements. These are your minimum to fulfill. If you have ANY questions regarding depth review requirements, please ask in Problems/Questions.

-

-

For review requirements please look at the first post.

-

-

(I will make another post that contains the score etc. later)

12/15/2010 #1,182
Fractured Illusion

Winner:

Skyward Ending

-

I just wish to remind everyone: you are fully allowed to review other participants. The MINIMUM however is to review the winner with one depth review.

You have til the 28th to review the winner, as previously stated.

-

Participants that are expected to review the winner:

L. Galbraith - DONE

Narq - DONE

Charactarantula - DONE

KODOKU TSURUGI - TEMPORARILY BANNED

Sasha W. - TEMPORARILY BANNED

Faithless Juliet - DONE

Amethyst Penn - DONE

Writing in Need - DONE

Adrenalin - DONE

Loss of Words - DONE

Sputnik - TEMPORARILY BANNED

When you have reviewed in accordance to the review requirements, I will check you off the list. PM me what piece you reviewed (and if it has several chapters - what chapter). Don't just say "I reviewed", because I need to check the validity of your review before you're checked off.

Winner, please PM me what you would like the next WCC prompt to be like. It must be delivered before the 28th.

--

Review requirements are Depth, and stated in the first post.

--

Total participants: 12

Total active participants: 11

Total amount of voters: 17

--

Score board:

Skyward Ending: 6 votes

L. Galbraith: 4 votes

Narq: 4 votes

Charactarantula: 3 votes

KODOKU TSURUGI: 3 votes

Sasha W.: 2 votes

Faithless Juliet: 2 votes

Amethyst Penn: 2 votes

Writing in Need: 1 vote

Adrenalin: 1 vote

Loss of Words: 1 vote

Sputnik: no piece

-

-

THANK YOU, EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED AND/OR VOTED!

2011, we're coming for you!

12/15/2010 . Edited 2/25/2013 #1,183
C. Tattiana H-H

Congratulations, Skyward! Really great work this round! :D

12/15/2010 #1,184
Loss of Words

Fantastic work Skyward Ending! Your reward is much deserved. I read your piece and was enthralled by the taste, and the edge. Bravo. :D

And in reference to your post, lookingwest, yes. That was sarcasm. Only for you, though; for everyone else I was being honest. :P :P :P

(No, it's not sarcasm. Most of my time is spent around people who don't really care about poetry or reading. So far I have only a few supportive people in my life at home, which includes mostly a little brother who threatens to eat me if I don't finish chapter four of my novel soon so that he can read it. But that's it, mostly - so the community of feedback and support here at fictionpress has been amazing for me, and I am entirely grateful for y'all's existence. I live in pennsylvania. I shouldn't have a southern accent.)

12/15/2010 . Edited 12/15/2010 #1,185
lookingwest

Congratulations Skyward! ^^

@Loss of words: Well you certainly don't live up to your name, you've definitley got a way with words!

12/15/2010 #1,186
Charactarantula

Certain people leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Quite enjoyed Sin, though. Congrats. ;)

12/15/2010 #1,187
Fractured Illusion

Yo people, don't forget the deadline, lest you require an extension!

12/23/2010 #1,188
C. Tattiana H-H

Oh, crap. Thanks for the reminder!

12/24/2010 #1,189
Fractured Illusion

27th today, guys.

Tick tick tick. That's the sound of your time running out.

/douchey reference

12/27/2010 #1,190
Tekla

aaaactually it's the 28th now :P

12/27/2010 #1,191
C. Tattiana H-H

Arghgrghrghgah. Doing mine now!!!! D:

12/28/2010 #1,192
Fractured Illusion

Wohoo! Happy belated New Year!

1/1/2011 #1,193
Fractured Illusion

Now to get to the next page...

1/1/2011 #1,194
Fractured Illusion

Tralala

1/1/2011 #1,195
Fractured Illusion

Hum de dum dum

1/1/2011 #1,196
Fractured Illusion

*whistles*

1/1/2011 #1,197
Fractured Illusion

Getting closer!

1/1/2011 #1,198
Fractured Illusion

Damn I lost count. What number am I at? Ugh. Mornings + Math = No.

1/1/2011 #1,199
Fractured Illusion

Ah.

Adieu, page 24 and year 2010.

1/1/2011 #1,200
« Prev Page 1 .. 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member