The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Fractured Illusion

WRITING CHALLENGE CONTEST

APRIL

Despite it being April 1st this is most certainly not a joke. We don't have time with one hah. So sign up and write if you want!

-

Prompt: "What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."

Quote made by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

-

Remember, even though there must be a connection between your submitted piece and the prompt, you need not make "obvious" connections. The prompt is meant to inspire.

Registrations and submissions have now started! Edit in the link to your piece in your registration post once it has been created. You can register and submit your work until the end of the 7th of April. Remember, one piece per person! We accept both poetry and stories.

If you have any preference on what you want reviewed if you win, write that into your registration post.

It is okay to promote voting through author note or your profile.

If you have any questions, ask at Problems/Questions.

If you find bumps on your way, you can go to Help with your writing and get help there.

Otherwise, Resources for Writing has some nifty links to help you along with uncertain areas.

Good luck everyone!

4/1/2009 #151
Chasing Skylines

I register for WCC and promise to review the winner. If hell should happen to freeze over, I would like Falling Walls or a WCC entry reviewed.

My piece:

Blown Away By Age

4/1/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #152
karma-dollie

I hereby register for April WCC and I promise I will review the winner.

4/1/2009 #153
vinny2

I, vinny2, register for the WCC and will review the winner.

EDIT: Mimejiggle

4/1/2009 . Edited 4/1/2009 #154
Tekla

I register! And will review when it's all said and done. =]

edit: Here's my entry! =]

HIDDEN.

4/1/2009 . Edited 4/5/2009 #155
Carus

I register for WCC and promise to review the winner :)

Edit: Withered Beauty

If I win, I'd like to donate my reviews to someone else. Don't know who yet though. XD

Edit#2: I'm gonna copy Frac and say that if I win, please review any of the other participants that submitted a piece.

4/1/2009 . Edited 4/6/2009 #156
The Ferrett

I, Feral, will join your WCC.

I have submitted "The Perfect Villian"

4/1/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #157
Kate Marshall

I am sick! And my computer is crashing! And I will be out of town! But I too register for the lovely April WCC and promise to review the equally as lovely winner. xD

Edit: my piece: Mr. Croft's Replacement. And good luck to everybody!

4/1/2009 . Edited 4/6/2009 #158
fatbird33

OM! an emerson quote!!! sorry, i sort of have an obsession with that man and all of his genius.

I hereby register for the WCC and promise to review the winner:)

Here is my entry: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2656101/1/She_Knows

if i win, you can review anything.

4/1/2009 . Edited 4/5/2009 #159
Sophronia Lee

I register for the WCC and will review the winner, pinky swear.

4/1/2009 #160
improvisationallychallenged

I hereby enter for WCC and promise to review the winner

And you can read my entry HERE

Same old song on the review front - anything from everything on my profile is reviewable, should I win.

Oh look, a flying pig...

4/2/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #161
Fractured Illusion

Alright! *fist pumping* Here we go, hells yeah!

I register with the intent to actually deliver a piece this time :D Will review the winner even if I fail to do so.

Bring it!

//

My piece: Machinate

//

If I win, please review whomever you want of the ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS of WCC April.

Active = contributed with a piece

4/2/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #162
totallyred

I register for this months WCC and promise to review the winner... unless it's me, which I seriously doubt.

Hahaha... Yey!!!

4/2/2009 #163
Royal Bliss

I register for this months WCC and I will review the winner even if I do not complete my submission.

My Entry: When God Left the Ground

I am not going to win. If there is a glitch and it says I did. Just review anything.

4/3/2009 . Edited 4/5/2009 #164
FuckMeAlice

Due to my own doubts about my integrity, I feel I should drop out from the contest. I'm sorry to anyone who voted for me. May the best story win.

4/3/2009 . Edited 4/10/2009 #165
Mazkeraide

I register for this month's WCC and will review the winner.

EDIT: Here is my piece Weeds

4/3/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #166
eyerene

i register for the April WCC and promise to review the winner.

4/3/2009 #167
Lea Ai

I register for WCC and promise to review the winner.

My Entry: Obsidian

4/3/2009 . Edited 4/6/2009 #168
deefective

I am so in. And I promise to review the winner.

EDIT: Here is my piece, Dandelion.

4/4/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #169
Left FP

I really don't know what I am getting into but still.........

I hereby register for this month's WCC, and promise to review the winner......XD

EDIT: A Princess' Tale

4/4/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #170
VelvetyCheerio

I hereby register for WCc this month and promise to review the winner even if I do not submit a piece. :)

4/4/2009 #171
outspoken-ryn

Registering for WCC this month and promise to review the winner.

If I win you can review any of my pieces. (:

Entry: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2656169/1/

4/5/2009 . Edited 4/5/2009 #172
Dreamweaver38

We, the River(s) collectively, register for the very first time for WCC (is much excited) and promise to review the winner.

If she suddenly finds an insane amount of free time, we plan on reviewing everyone. But don't count on that.

Should we happen to win, we wish-eth Masquerade or The Art of Emotion par us to be reviewed.

And without further ado, here is my entry, Forever Be.

4/5/2009 #173
Fractured Illusion

NOTE:

Due to FP malfunctions it is currently not possible to read any of the stories submitted (or any stories for that matter).

But there is no reason to worry. Deadlines will be extended if it is not cleared.

Ie,

If you are unable to submit by the end of the 7th because of FP's faults, then the deadline is extended to whenever that is possible again.

The poll's time will be extended if it is not possible to read other participant's submissions.

If anyone have any problems submitting a piece, please tell me.

4/6/2009 #174
Isca

Forgive me. I'm withdrawing from the competition.

4/6/2009 . Edited 4/6/2009 #175
Fractured Illusion

NOTE 2:

And apparently FP is back to normal now. Hurray.

Keep writing, dudes.

4/6/2009 #176
SuzannaR

I'm in and will review the winner and have read all the rules.

Ok, here it is A Thistle Grows. If I win, I'd like anything reviewed, except those marked don't review.

Good luck, all.

s

4/6/2009 . Edited 4/7/2009 #177
Denizen47

I'm in, and promise to review the winner.

If I win - anything of mine.

Diamond

4/6/2009 #178
effervescent-sentiments

I'm in and promise to review the winner!

Here is my entry: a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2656660/1/Orientation_Slushie"Orientation Slushie/a

4/6/2009 #179
Fractured Illusion

THE POLL IS HERE - VOTE!

And so we have ventured into yet another month with new pieces! I appreciate all your hard work. Thank you, everyone, for participating.

Second. Before voting in this poll, make sure you have read all entries. I cannot stress this enough. Some have been submitted these last few days, so double check. I am sure none of you would appreciate your story not being read, and thus missing out a chance to be voted on. It's all about good sportsmanship, folks.

Third. I cannot control who votes. I cannot see who votes and for what. Non-participants of WCC, you are more than welcome to vote. I encourage you all to. But read all entries before voting, please.

Fourth. Yes, you can vote for your own piece, since I cannot control otherwise. Good sportsmanship says otherwise, though.

-

The poll will be kept til the end of the 14th.

-

Total participants this month: 25

Total submissions: 20

-

(If anything has been written wrong either in the poll or in any post here, please tell me immediately.)

4/8/2009 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member