The Review Game
News: We have a new For Fun thread called Chain Story! Go crazy with it.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
karma-dollie

so anyways, I have tried to study but I fail

I am trying to edit an essay for the final draft due... tomorrow.

I never got back to working on the outline for my speech due...yesterday.

2/18/2009 #3,121
karma-dollie

Byebye Karas and Sir!

2/18/2009 #3,122
Chasing Skylines

Yes, yes I would, but I have too many. I would appreciate pants. :P

You'd think your line of job wouldn't need that so much. =P

-tosses some skimpy clothing that would get you branded 'whore' on your abundant number of T-Shirts-

2/18/2009 #3,123
VelvetyCheerio

Bye Sir, my forever friend!

Bye Karas, g'night.

Did Radio leave?

2/18/2009 #3,124
karma-dollie

Did Radio leave?

Nope nope. Radio lurks among you.

2/18/2009 #3,125
VelvetyCheerio

Fang is blind. Hi, Radio!

2/18/2009 #3,126
karma-dollie

Fang is blind. Hi, Radio!

No worries, hun. Heya! :D

2/18/2009 #3,127
Fractured Illusion

due yesterday? how did the speech go?

2/18/2009 #3,128
VelvetyCheerio

Radio, Sesshy is teasing me! Make him stop? Please? Fang never involved you in anything. *puppy eyes*

2/18/2009 #3,129
karma-dollie

due yesterday? how did the speech go?

The speech isn't for another 2 weeks, but we have individually graded assignments as help for creating the speech. Tuesday was the full sentence outline due date and I didn't finish it. Next week is the preview outline or something. *headdesk*

2/18/2009 #3,130
Chasing Skylines

Radio, Sesshy is teasing me! Make him stop? Please? Fang never involved you in anything. *puppy eyes*

Am I frustrating you to no end? =P

2/18/2009 #3,131
karma-dollie

I don't know what you expect me to do. He doesn't always listen to me. Haha! It's all in good fun. Don't worry about him. He's harmless. :)

2/18/2009 #3,132
simpleplan13

--- RULES FOR THE REVIEW MARATHON ---

(Please be aware that a lot of changes and additions have been made! So it's best if you read it again)

Basic:

1) You are not allowed to count in the reviews given for the Review Game or any other review exchanging services/agreements.

2) 1 review (on a poem, a chapter of a story, or a whole story) = 1 point. Participant with most points will win.

3) Everyone who reviews will keep a total point count at the end of their post.

4) Users are also not allowed to change their usernames before they have reviewed the winner and their duty is over as it might confuse people.

5) The time-zone the RM goes by is FP's standard time: Pacific Standard Time.

6) Participants are required to review the winners (see rule 24 for details)

Registration post:

7) In order to participate, register. You register by making a registration post in this topic, stating you wish to participate. This is preferably done by the day before the marathon, but we allow registration posts during the game as well.

8) You must state in your registration post that you have read the rules and that you will review the winner.s

9) You may also have a "Hit List" in your registration post which is a list of stories that you intend to review during the Review Marathon. You can start this list as soon as you register.

10) In your registration post, add links to the review page of all stories/poems/chapters that you review throughout the weekend. Instructions for editing posts are in the first post of the RM. After having reviewed a story, edit it in your post as soon as you can and keep a count in your post!

11) You are allowed to only "hoard" 20 points/reviews at a time. By hoarding, we mean not updating the point count with those points.

12) If you are to review something that will add to more than 20 reviews, but you are unable/wish not to update the point count, you must give a coherent warning in your post to your fellow participants and state how many points you are attempting to make. You are not allowed to go 20 points above that number.

13) Point detractions will be made for those that hoard more the 20 points or for those that exceed their warning by 20 points. This point detraction will take away 15% of your reviews after examination has been finished. This is done to those that are suspected to be winners.

14) If there is a fictionpress glitch that does not allow you to review, the above hoarding reviews are suspended. However, please update the reviews your post in intervals of 20s. Also, if the glitch is just a login glitch, you may leave reviews anonymous reviews, using your penname as who the review is from.

Reviews:

15) All reviews given in the name of the RM must fulfill a minimum standard, otherwise the participant won't get any point for it! The requirement is according to the Easy Fix Review Game, which is:

"You need to state one thing you liked and why, and one thing you didn't like/could be improved, and why.

If you absolutely can only find good or less good things to say, then please state two things you liked and why, or two things you didn't like and why. The review will be seen as invalid otherwise."

16) "Copy and paste" reviews will not be counted.

17) When you make a review, mention The Review Game's Review Marathon and reference the link that you are required to put in your profile.

Exception to this rule: If you review a multi-chap, and more than two chapters, you only need to have the advertisement tag in your first and last review for that story.

18) If you forget to mention the Review Game's Review Marathon and the link, you may PM the author with that information. If you do that you must make a notation saying you did next to that review in your list of reviews.

19) If you forgot the Review Marathon tag or did not mention the link and are not in contention for first, second of third place, you will only lose 1/2 point per review. If you end with 1/2 a review, your number will be rounded down. If you are in contention for first, second or third place, those reviews will be counted as invalid.

20) Link to the Review Game in your profile, while mentioning the Review Marathon belongs to it. No linking to The Review Marathon is required. Only linking you need to do is to the Review Game. But both must be mentioned.

Winners:

21) We will have three winners for the RM, and three winners only. Ties in the third place position are not allowed. So as you review, keep a point count at the end of your post so people can see if they are tying with you. If there is a tie for the third slot, we will eliminate by deciding who gave the best reviews (quality).

23) The first place winner does not have to review any participants. The second place winner has to give one easy fix review the first place winner. The third place winner must give one easy fix review to the first place winner and the second place winner. The other participants (who do not place in first second or third) must give one easy fix review to the first, second and third place winner.

24) If a participant cannot give the prize reviews within two weeks, you may request a one-week extension (or more if needed). Reasons for this must hold valid, though.

25) If a participant does not give the prize reviews in the allotted time they will be banned from the Review Game until they give those reviews.

2/18/2009 . Edited 10/7/2012 #3,133
VelvetyCheerio

Am I frustrating you to no end? =P

Oh, I see. Golden Rule. Well, you know what, I don't care. Banter away, Mr. Epic Fail. We can go at this all night.

2/18/2009 #3,134
Fractured Illusion

Well, you know what, I don't care.

oh are we playing two truths and a lie?

I spot lie

2/18/2009 #3,135
Nicki BluIs

hi! new wordin WotW!!1

2/18/2009 #3,136
Chasing Skylines

Why did Mini just post a massive post here? O.o

Hey Mini.

2/18/2009 #3,137
karma-dollie

Excitement! Bubbles keeps my game alive! :D

2/18/2009 #3,138
Fractured Illusion

Mini posted here cuz we are moving the RM rules. Duh. Thats what you all agreed to in Sug

2/18/2009 #3,139
VelvetyCheerio

oh are we playing two truths and a lie?

I spot lie

.... -_-

2/18/2009 #3,140
Chasing Skylines

Hey Frac's new icon/leggings...

Mini posted here cuz we are moving the RM rules. Duh. Thats what you all agreed to in Sug

Ah, gotcha.

2/18/2009 #3,141
karma-dollie

I have an icon similar to Frac's. Have I used it here yet? The one with the leggings and the flower?

2/18/2009 #3,142
Fractured Illusion

hi new icon!

2/18/2009 #3,143
Chasing Skylines

Damn my friends suck. -_-' I am spotting errors in my essay. Should've 'violated' their essays more. -goes off on tangents-

2/18/2009 . Edited 2/18/2009 #3,144
Nicki BluIs

... the rules are gonna be in the OT?

2/18/2009 #3,145
Fractured Illusion

haha yeah so this guy I havent talked to in months emailed me a draft of a story he had :o

i am afraid to click it and go all pedantic on him XD

2/18/2009 #3,146
karma-dollie

Radio is running late for nightly school rituals. Gotta fly.

Byebye, folks! Dai'stiho, Sesshy!

2/18/2009 #3,147
Fractured Illusion

Check the first RM post. Its linked to. All is fine.

2/18/2009 #3,148
simpleplan13

Hi Seshy... I still have 14 minutes of fieldwork :(

2/18/2009 #3,149
Chasing Skylines

G'Night, Radio. Dai'stiho.

i am afraid to click it and go all pedantic on him XD

Haha.

The nickname list is, why can't the RM rules?

2/18/2009 #3,150
« Prev Page 1 .. 95 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 115 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fractured Illusion Dr. Self Destruct, dragonflydreamer, lookingwest, Lime-Cat, simpleplan13, Imalefty
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member