The Second Gathering Of The Light
Convert and be saved. Here you can discuss the book of the light. Light Bless.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
CS Waters

Believe it or not, I think you're all right and wrong at the same time. I won't go into detail about this, but can we all agree on the fact that, if you're a follower of God, we shouldn't be picking on this guy? We should just turn the other cheek and shrug our shoulders. It's like holding a watermelon seed. Squeeze it and it will go flying. Rather, if we want to "save" people, we should be a loving and forgiving bunch of people. Jesus never hit people on the heads for believing something else.

Now, if you've heard me before, I was being very bratty and rude, and now I apologize for my behavior. A little time thinking made me understand this whole thing just a bit better. Remember the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." So let's bury the hatchet, make nice and stop calling Kaleb of Sand names. That'll probably make him hate God followers even more.

1/16/2009 #31
Leana C

Sure I'll agree to that. I already made my peace with the guy anyway, if he even bothered to read that apology I typed up two places before. As for what you said about me being wrong, maybe you are right, but let's agree to disagree for now.

Like you said:

Jesus never hit people on the heads for believing something else.

Which was what I was trying to say, kind of. But I probably should have said it better.

1/16/2009 #32
EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY52

Believe it or not, I think you're all right and wrong at the same time. I won't go into detail about this, but can we all agree on the fact that, if you're a follower of God, we shouldn't be picking on this guy? We should just turn the other cheek and shrug our shoulders. It's like holding a watermelon seed. Squeeze it and it will go flying. Rather, if we want to "save" people, we should be a loving and forgiving bunch of people. Jesus never hit people on the heads for believing something else.

Now, if you've heard me before, I was being very bratty and rude, and now I apologize for my behavior. A little time thinking made me understand this whole thing just a bit better. Remember the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." So let's bury the hatchet, make nice and stop calling Kaleb of Sand names. That'll probably make him hate God followers even more.

No, I don't think I can agree that we should "just turn the other cheek and shrug our shoulders". There are several reasons for this. Number one, if I was convinced that Kaleb-of-Sand was sincere but misguided, I would take seriously your position. See my last post for one good reason why I do not. Furthermore, if your position is that we should be loving and forgiving, fine, I can deal with that.

But, if your position is that we should be loving and forgiving and no more, that we should not try to win people through debate and rational discussion, through argument and the intellect, there I disagree with you strongly.

Jesus never hit people on the heads for believing something else.

True, but he did "hit people on the heads" for being deceitful and wicked(see Pharisees), and as I believe Kaleb is trying to deceive rather than trying to save, I think my positions stand.

Lord of The Marsh out.

1/16/2009 #33
EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY52

It wasn't really my intention to convert people, I am simply stating a fact about the bible being fiction.

From the dictionary:

Fact A statement that is objectively true and can be verified.

"The Bible is fiction" hardly qualifies as "fact".

But the point is that for me religion isn't necessary. I'm fine the way I am and I'm happy that God accepts me. If you want to stay in your religion fine, but just keep in mind that there are a lot of other religions out there and they can't all be wrong. Don't just assume that just because the person isn't Catholic/Christian, they need "saving" or that "they are going to hell because they aren't in my religion." If you aren't like that then fine, but there are plenty of people who have that narrow mindset. God still loves us all, no matter what religion we are.

But how do you know? Meaning no offense, but this is your personal opinion, and not one which can be verified in ANY way. Stop touting stuff you inferred from unstated sources as if it were verifiable fact. But then, perhaps I should have known from the beginning not to argue with you. Perhaps I should have figured that since your position is founded on neither evidence nor logic, that neither could persuade you to abandon it.

There is no particular reason, if you do not accept any holy book or religious record, why God should not be, for instance, a pink unicorn, or a monster made of spaghetti. It is obvious if you look around that what you see was created, but unless you have some record of that creation, or the Creator reveals himself to you directly, you don't know who or what the Creator is, or what he does?

How do you know heaven exists at all?

If you want to stay in your religion fine, but just keep in mind that there are a lot of other religions out there and they can't all be wrong.

Why not?

1/16/2009 #34
CrimsonRoses and BlackDahlias

The Bible was written by man. It is a contradiction of itself. People used it to justify slavery and the development of sexism. Next thing you know, Jesus, the one man who has made the most sense in history, says to love each other and he treats women equally. I think that from that, it's safe to say that it's fiction until God says otherwise.

But how do you know?

I trust God and His judgement. I don't need some book to tell me about Him and how He is.

Perhaps I should have figured that since your position is founded on neither evidence nor logic, that neither could persuade you to abandon it.

Frankly I thought I was more logical than someone who relied heavily on a book written by man, (not God), but whatever you want. If it helps you sleep at night then I have no right no stop you.

There is no particular reason, if you do not accept any holy book or religious record, why God should not be, for instance, a pink unicorn, or a monster made of spaghetti.

A pink unicorn? A monster made of spaghetti? I don't care either way. I like horses anyway, even pink ones, and I also like spaghetti. It won't change the fact that He's God. The spaghetti part might be a little tempting though...

It is obvious if you look around that what you see was created, but unless you have some record of that creation, or the Creator reveals himself to you directly, you don't know who or what the Creator is, or what he does?

How do you know heaven exists at all?

Doesn't matter. I will still trust that God is out there. Also, do you even know what the Creator is? I don't think that question can be answered by something in the bible, or anyone else for that matter. But we do know what He does. I don't need a record of His creation, especially if it's written by man. Like you said, all I have to do is look at all the beautiful things in this universe and I will know.

As for heaven, like I said, I will leave it up to God.

Why not?

Most religions, if not all, have similar roots. For all we know, the God we worship is the same for every other religion. He just has a different face, attitude, look or gender. The fact is we don't know, but should a person still reject other religions for it? No. To assume that your religion is the sole "true" one would be ignorance on your part. To not acknowledge other people's beliefs and religions, and accept them would be like coldly flicking a harmless fly off your shoulder, or shaking off a puppy. To close yourself off to all the world's different cultures just because it's different from your own isn't exactly helping the human race. We are supposed to evolve, if not physically then at least emotionally when it comes to each other's differences.

Anyway, you should probably let this Kaleb thing go. If he wants to be part of a different religion, then why should you care? You'll only stress yourself out arguing with him.

1/16/2009 . Edited 4/17/2009 #35
Leana C

Nicely said CrimsonRoses.

1/17/2009 #36

I just wanted to make a point.

1/17/2009 . Edited 4/17/2009 #37
Leana C

Anyway, the debate is over. Let's just leave Lord of the Marshes and Kaleb alone.

1/17/2009 #38
Matthew Keat

This may sound weird, but ive came across people like this before. They spammed the bible forum non stop for a year or so. Turned out to be some confused Christian. This is not true at all.

3/4/2009 #39

Seriously? Oh well, it was still an interesting forum. I was happy to get involved, though it was near the end.

3/13/2009 #40
Matthew Keat

Seriously, these people are dangerous. They are known to spam a forum like it is no ones business. I would advise you all to block him, or report.

3/14/2009 #41
Monochromatic Stains

I lost all faith in god.

7/27/2009 . Edited 7/28/2009 #42
Leana C

Is your avatar from an anime? And if so, which one? (I'm sorry, I'm just curious XD).

8/5/2009 #43
Monochromatic Stains

No, this was drawn by somebody over the internet.

8/5/2009 #44
Serenity Nightshade

f*** that, he forces you into doing everything you do. why do you go to church? Because if you don't you'll rot in eternal hellfire for the rest of time. Why do you believe in god? Because thousands of years ago some guy said "If you don't believe in him, you'll burn forever." If he doesn't force you to anything you don't want to, then I DARE you to go against gods will for a week. Se what happens. Bask in sin, see how you feel.

8/7/2009 #45
Serenity Nightshade

Really now. So I have to bribe my way into heaven, is that it? WHAT THE F*** is all this exclusionist s***. So if someone disagrees with me they go to hell? LOL god complex alert.

8/7/2009 #46
Monochromatic Stains

Whats yours of by the way? Enya Black. it looks familiar.

8/19/2009 #47
Leana C

I have no idea, I just found it on Photobucket and decided to use it because it looked nice.

8/19/2009 #48
Kaleb-of-Sand

Dont you understand. All of you must convert.

12/3/2009 #49
VHugo921

Ummmmmmmmmmm........................................... Okay.......................... yeah...................... i'll have to get back to you on that one.

12/24/2009 #50
ImagingThings

Nonono!! This Seamusism or Lightism or whatever it's called is so out! Now it's Jellism!

1/31/2010 #51
Leana C

You wouldn't happen to be the ImagingThings from ff. net, would you?

1/31/2010 #52
Matthew Keat

This has to be a joke. Harold of Air, another Seamusist, admitted that he was a troll.

1/31/2010 #53
ImagingThings

Well... if it's a joke then it's a good one! ☺

And Enya... I am! The very same!

2/1/2010 #54
Leana C

Awesome. I'm TsumikoHan, from...one of those Christian forums, from a while back. I haven't been on there in a while.

As for this being a joke--Damn it! I did a whole debate with someone because of this loser.

Oh well, live and learn.

2/1/2010 #55
ImagingThings

Okay... don't remember seeing you around though... but of course, I do have a terrible memory...

2/1/2010 #56
Matthew Keat

Im the Bratman over on fanfiction.

2/1/2010 #57
Leana C

@ ImagingThings:

It's to be expected. Not only was I not a memorable debater of the topic at hand, but I haven't been on in a while. I think I only remember you because my long term memory often picks up on small details. (Heh, psychology term.)

@ Toby Keet:

I think I've seen your name in passing, at least on the Bible forums. How are you doing here?

2/1/2010 #58
Matthew Keat

I was just wondering what the spiritual forums were like here and found this. To be honest, i prefer the bible forums on Fanfiction. As for this guy (kaleb) there is no point in debating with him. He`s a troll and I think we should leave him to live out his trollic life.

2/1/2010 #59
ImagingThings

But they're just so much fun! ☺

And you know what Jellism is! So much fun from a kid who can't even spell his own language...

2/2/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Kaleb-of-Sand
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member