Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

Joshua and William Morgan's home also doubles as a speakeasy. The first floor of the house is where the saloon part is. In the parlor room is a piano and the bar itself. Throughout the parlor and dining room are several tables. The sitting room has comfortable chairs and a couch.

12/14/2007 . Edited 2/16/2010 #1
Danielle Thamasa
Joshua Morgan walked out of the kitchen and looked around for his brother. "Hey Will," he called. "Did the shipment arrive yet?"

William Morgan poked his head up from behind the bar. "Yeah Josh, I'm unpacking it now." He paused for a moment and looked down at the bottles of liquor in his hands. "It looks like we got a really good batch this time."

"Good. People should be coming soon. Make sure you've finished stocking it all before they get here."

Will looked at his brother. "Why aren't you helping?"

"I gotta go to the bank," Josh stated, holding up a large envelope before he tucked it into his briefcase. "I should be back in an hour or so. Think you can handle everything?"

Will nodded. "I got it. Don't worry so much."

Josh sighed. "When it comes to you, I always worry." Then Josh turned and walked out of the house.

Will watched his brother leave then went back to unpacking their latest shipment of alcohol.

12/26/2007 #2
Scottish Princess
Cass entered the house and looked around, nodding appreciatively.
12/28/2007 #3
Danielle Thamasa
Will walked over behind the bar. "What can I get for you?"
12/28/2007 #4
Scottish Princess
Cass thought for a moment, "Something mild tasting but strong, if you get what I mean."
12/28/2007 #5
Danielle Thamasa
Will nodded and pulled out one of the bottles from the new shipment. "Here, try this. It's one of my personal favorites," he said as he poured a small glass and handed it to the man. "I'm Will, by the way."
12/28/2007 #6
Scottish Princess
Cass took the glass and took a sip. "This is good." He told Will with a smile, "I'm Cass."
12/28/2007 #7
Danielle Thamasa
"It's nice to meet you," Will replied. "Are you new in the city?"

----

Samara walked in, wearing a relatively short business skirt and a button-up top that was mostly unbuttoned. She flashed a smile at Will.

Will noticed her and waved. "Hey Sammy," he said. "The usual?"

She nodded.

12/28/2007 #8
Scottish Princess
"To you as well." Cass said and then shook his head, "Not at all. My sister and I have lived here our entire lives. I just hardly come to this part of town." He saw Samara enter and nodded a greeting to her, taking another sip of his drink.
12/28/2007 . Edited 12/28/2007 #9
Danielle Thamasa
Will nodded and handed Samara her drink. She sat down at the bar and looked over at the newcomer. "It looks like we're getting some new faces around here," she commented.
12/28/2007 #10
Scottish Princess
Cass glanced over at her, the corner of his mouth lifting into a hint of a smile as he continued sipping his drink.
12/28/2007 #11
Danielle Thamasa
Samara noticed the hint of a smile on the newbie's face and stared at him. "Something you want to say?" she asked, smiling.

Will chuckled and ducked down behind the bar, re-arranging some of the shelves.

12/28/2007 #12
Scottish Princess
Cass shook his head, "No." He looked to Will, holding up his glass, "I really like this, what's it called?"
12/28/2007 . Edited 12/28/2007 #13
Danielle Thamasa
"Good," Samara said, downing her shot of whiskey.

---

Will stood up from behind the bar. "Um...it's something relatively new. You'll have to ask my brother when he gets back."

12/28/2007 #14
Scottish Princess
Cass nodded to Will, ignoring Samara(or at least trying to), "I'll do just that. Could you top me off, if you don't mind?"
12/28/2007 . Edited 12/28/2007 #15
Danielle Thamasa
Will nodded and grabbed the bottle to fill Cass's drink. "I'll give you some free advice while I'm at it. Don't ignore her," he said quietly. Then he grabbed another bottle and gave Sammy a refill.
12/28/2007 #16
Scottish Princess
Cass waited until Will came back his direction, before asking quietly, "Why not?"
12/28/2007 #17
Danielle Thamasa
Will smiled slightly. "You try to ignore her and she'll make it so you can't do anything but what she wants. She can be highly persuasive."
12/28/2007 #18
Scottish Princess
Cass nodded, "One of those types." He sighed, "Well, I'm not really in the mood for anything too exciting at the moment." He looked over at Will, "How would I best go about getting her to not bother me? At least not yet."
12/28/2007 #19
Danielle Thamasa
Will looked at Cass for a moment. "Simple, don't ignore her." Then he turned and walked over to Samara. "How are you today?"

"Fine, Will. Just thought I would stop off for a drink or two after work," she answered with a smile.

12/28/2007 #20
Scottish Princess
Cass nodded, smiling slightly again. This was going to prove interesting. He looked over at Samara, "I don't believe I caught your name, miss. I'm Cass."
12/28/2007 #21
Danielle Thamasa
She looked over at him. "Samara," she answered. "Samara Halliwell."
12/28/2007 #22
Scottish Princess
Cass smiled and nodded, "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Halliwell. If you'll excuse me." He took a sip of his drink and made his way to the sitting room, sinking into a comfortable couch with a sigh.
12/28/2007 #23
Danielle Thamasa
She smirked. "That wasn't so hard," she commented quietly to herself. "Was it Mr. Livingston?" She turned back to Will. "Thanks for the drinks. I'll be back later tonight."

Will nodded. Then Samara stood up and walked out of the house. As she exited, Josh was returning. "How is everything?" he asked, walking over to his brother. "How long was she here?"

"Everything's fine. She was only here for a couple quick drinks."

Josh nodded. "That's nice. Thankfully she's not nearly as bad as Emmeline."

Will snorted. "Sammy is nothing like Emmeline. Sammy actually has standards but Emmeline will sleep with anyone."

"That's true."

12/28/2007 . Edited 12/28/2007 #24
Scottish Princess
Cass' face darkened as she left. Something hadn't quite seemed right about her. He sighed and shrugged it off, relaxing back on the couch and sipping his drink.
12/28/2007 #25
Danielle Thamasa
Will walked out from behind the bar and headed over to the sitting room. "What brings you out to this side of town?" he asked, sitting down in one of the chairs.
12/29/2007 #26
Scottish Princess
Cass shrugged, taking a sip of his drink and replied absently, "Change of scenery." He looked over at Will, "Would you happen to have any books about that I could read?"
12/29/2007 . Edited 12/29/2007 #27
Danielle Thamasa
Will nodded. "Sounds nice. This is one of the few places I actually see regularly," he said. Will looked at him and nodded. "Come on." He stood up and started to head out of the room.
12/29/2007 . Edited 12/29/2007 #28
Scottish Princess
Cass stood up and followed Will.
12/29/2007 #29
Danielle Thamasa
Will led him up the stairs.

((To the Attic))

12/29/2007 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member