Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

Four bedrooms, well furnished with a large bed, bedside tables, dresser and closet. A bathroom with a toilet, sink, and tub. The rooms on this floor are often rented out almost like an inn or hotel.

12/14/2007 . Edited 2/16/2010 #1
Danielle Thamasa
Josh smiled. "Can I get you anything else?" he said, taking a step towards the door. He wanted to stay but he also didn't want to overstep his boundaries.
12/30/2007 #2
Rogue-writer-16
She bounced on the mattress with a grin,

"Do you... do you have anything I could sleep in?" she asked, "Other than this." she swept a hand over her flapper dress, "Oh, and I left my shoes downstairs... but it doesn't matter, I'l get them in the morning."

12/30/2007 #3
Danielle Thamasa
"Um...hang on one second," he said, exiting the room and heading to a closet behind the stairs leading up to the attic. He came back with a nightgown and held it out to her. "This should fit well enough."
12/30/2007 #4
Rogue-writer-16
She grinned and accepted it, standing again, though she stumbled and almost fell.

((Corny huh?! :D))

12/30/2007 . Edited 12/30/2007 #5
Danielle Thamasa
((It's cute))

"I'll...uh...just wait outside until you're decent," he said, then stepped out into the hall and closed the door.

12/30/2007 #6
Scottish Princess
Cass and Nat came up the stairs. "How many of these rooms are open?" Cass asked Josh, as Nat looked around.
12/30/2007 #7
Danielle Thamasa
"All of them but this one," Josh said, gesturing at the one he was standing in front of. "Take your pick."
12/30/2007 #8
Rogue-writer-16
"I'll...uh...just wait outside until you're decent," he said, then stepped out into the hall and closed the door.

Addy waved a hand at him then got dressed once the door was shut, attempting to control her clumsiness and ucceeding... to a certain extent.

"You can come in now." she called through the door, folding up her dress and lying it on the end of the bed.

12/30/2007 #9
Scottish Princess
"All of them but this one," Josh said, gesturing at the one he was standing in front of. "Take your pick."

Cass nodded his thanks and followed his sister around as they checked out the rooms.

12/30/2007 #10
Danielle Thamasa
He walked in and stood just inside the door. "Is there anything else you need, Miss Cole?" he asked.
12/30/2007 #11
Rogue-writer-16
"Miss Cole?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest and frowning a little, "What's wrong?" she asked.
12/30/2007 #12
Danielle Thamasa
He swallowed and took a deep breath. "It's nothing. I just...don't think it's appropriate for me to be in here with you like that," he said.
12/30/2007 #13
Rogue-writer-16
She rolled her eyes and sighed,

"How long have we known eachother? Besides, no one's going to be brave enough to say anything, being who my father is and all." she bit her lip and looked around, "If it makes you so uncomfortable... here..." she pulled the quilt off the bed and wrapped it around her shoulders, "Better?" she asked, spinning around with a grin.

12/30/2007 #14
Danielle Thamasa
"It's not that it makes me uncomfortable," he said, pausing for a minute. Then he decided to just say it. "It's that I'm worried of how I'll act towards you right now. I don't want to do anything to you and...that would be easiest if I left the room."
12/30/2007 #15
Rogue-writer-16
Addy frowned, "Josh. I don't... think I understand."
12/30/2007 #16
Danielle Thamasa
Josh took a deep breath trying to find a way to ease her into it or to break it to her gently. "I like you, Addy. I have for a while," he said, backing up to the door, one hand on the doorknob in case he had to leave.
12/30/2007 #17
Rogue-writer-16
"...Like me..." she repeated, blinking, "You mean like... Why?" she burst out suddenly before she could stop herself.
12/30/2007 #18
Danielle Thamasa
He smirked. "You're smart and funny and easy to talk to," he answered sincerely.
12/30/2007 #19
Rogue-writer-16
"But... but why?... I mean..." she spluttered. She just could not comprehend it, "How could you... possibly like me? I'm... I'm odd and- and crazy and... why?"
12/30/2007 #20
Danielle Thamasa
At this Josh walked over and sat down on the bed near her. "There are many that call me odd and crazy as well," he answered, reaching out and taking one of her hands in his.
12/30/2007 #21
Rogue-writer-16
She bit her lip, looking down and opened and closed her mouth a number of times,

"I just... don't understand how you could... possibly like me of all people. Me?"

12/30/2007 #22
Danielle Thamasa
"Please don't ask me to try and explain my reasonings for liking you. I've never really been good at this sort of thing; it was always something Tommy excelled at..." He trailed off.

It was definitely something he felt strongly on. Mentioning his deceased brother was proof of that. He avoided even mentioning Tommy's name.

12/30/2007 #23
Rogue-writer-16
Addy bit her lip and squeezed hi hand at the mention of Tommy, giving a small smile,

"I'm sorry it's just... hard to understand why." she apologised ith a small half-smile.

12/30/2007 #24
Danielle Thamasa
"I know," he said, his voice almost a whisper. "It took me a while to understand it as well."
12/30/2007 #25
Rogue-writer-16
She chewed on her bottom lip and looked down at their entwined hands,

"I.. don't know what to say, Josh."

12/30/2007 #26
Danielle Thamasa
He released her hand and stood up. "Then just think about it," he said quietly.
12/31/2007 #27
Rogue-writer-16
"Just let me... try something?" she asked softly, standing up and taking his hand back, leaving the quilt on the bed, forgotten.
12/31/2007 #28
Danielle Thamasa
He just stared at her. "All right," he answered with a nod.
12/31/2007 #29
Rogue-writer-16
She gave a shy smiled, tugged him a little closer and stood on her toes, pressing her lips to his hesitantly.
12/31/2007 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member