Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

Will looked at Cass as Nat left. "You went to see the Holdens, didn't you?" he asked.

5/1/2008 #241
Scottish Princess

Cass nodded, "Yeah, I didn't want her to know in case I didn't make any progress." he sat on his bed and pulled off his shoes and loosened his tie, "So what exactly did you want to talk about?"

5/1/2008 #242
Danielle Thamasa

"How much do you owe the Holdens?"

5/1/2008 #243
Scottish Princess

Cass stopped and stared at Will, "Alot, why?"

5/1/2008 #244
Danielle Thamasa

"I said I was going to help you with that, didn't I?" Will answered. He pulled the envelope out of his pocket. "Here, you have more use for this than I do."

5/1/2008 #245
Scottish Princess

Cass stared at him, wide-eyed, recognising the envelope. "I can't accept that! Jonathon gave it to you not me!"

5/1/2008 #246
Danielle Thamasa

"And I'm giving it to you," Will said. "What would I do with the money anyway? I have a nice home, all the books I can want, and my brother and I are well off."

"You could use this. You and Nat deserve to be free from the burden your father left you. Just...take it."

5/1/2008 #247
Scottish Princess

Cass swallowed, his blue gaze flickering from Will to the envelope and back again. "You have no idea what this means to me, Will," he said quietly, "I have no words to describe just how grateful I am."

5/1/2008 #248
Danielle Thamasa

"Don't mention it Cass." He held the envelope out. "Just take it. I wish I could do more."

5/1/2008 #249
Scottish Princess

Cass took the envelope and stashed it under his bed. "Just don't tell Nat."

5/1/2008 #250
Danielle Thamasa

Will looked at Cass. "I have no idea as to what you are talking about," he said.

Then, to change the subject. "Did you see the sketch on the wall behind the bar?"

5/1/2008 #251
Scottish Princess

Cass chuckled at Will's response and then shook his head, "No, I hadn't noticed. When did you put it up?"

5/1/2008 #252
Danielle Thamasa

Will smiled. "Earlier this morning. I'm going to take Nat down to an art gallery later today to see about selling some of her art."

5/1/2008 #253
Scottish Princess

"I'll have to go look at it then." Cass raised an eyebrow, "She actually agreed to sell her drawings?"

5/1/2008 #254
Danielle Thamasa

"I told her that her artwork was good and she inquired if it would be possible to sell some so I told her we would go see down at the art gallery." Will looked at him. "Why? Does she usually not want to sell any of it?"

5/1/2008 #255
Scottish Princess

"Well, she never thinks that her artwork is good enough for anything, so it just surprised me."

5/1/2008 #256
Danielle Thamasa

"Well I happen to know that her artwork is great. If everything goes well then she could have a few different pieces of artwork being showed in the gallery and up for sale."

5/1/2008 #257
Scottish Princess

Cass smiled, "Well, let me know how things turn out, but for now I'd kind of like to get a bit more sleep if you don't mind."

5/1/2008 #258
Danielle Thamasa

Will nodded. "Rest up. Sunday is a lazy, we do nothing day." As he left the room, he closed the door behind him.

5/1/2008 #259
Scottish Princess

"Thanks." Cass told him, lying back on his bed once the door was closed.

5/1/2008 #260
Danielle Thamasa

Will sighed and headed back down towards the kitchen.

((To Speakeasy))

5/1/2008 #261
Scottish Princess

((from Speakeasy))

Nat came up the stairs and peered into Cass's room, smiling when she saw that he was sleeping. She went down the hall to her own room, smiling at Will. "Cass is sleeping and Josh is nowhere to be found."

9/9/2008 #262
Danielle Thamasa

Will looked at her. Where had Josh gone? He hadn't left their home on a Sunday for months. "Well, we can tell Cass later then," he replied.

9/9/2008 #263
Scottish Princess

Nat nodded, pulling off her gloves and hat and dropping them on her bed next to her sketchbook. She smiled at Will. "What would you like to do in the meantime, then?"

((Dani.... btw... in case you're interested... I have this story on my other account about these two boys. You might not like the type of story it is, but I thought you might want something new to read if you have the time. here's the link. no obligation here, just thought you might like it maybe.))

9/10/2008 #264
Danielle Thamasa

Will smiled. "Anything," he answered. "We could figure out where to hang your drawing."

9/11/2008 #265
Scottish Princess

Nat's eyes lit up. "Oh, yes! Let's do that."

9/11/2008 #266
Danielle Thamasa

"All right." Will held up the drawing. "Where looks good?"

9/11/2008 #267
Scottish Princess

Nat put a finger on her chin and looked around the room, thinking. "How about right here?" she asked him, pointing to one of the few empty places on her wall.

9/11/2008 #268
Danielle Thamasa

Will nodded. "Perfect."

9/11/2008 #269
Scottish Princess

Nat smiled. "Okay, where's a nail to hang it up with?"

9/11/2008 #270
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member