Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
J.A. Fletcher

Private agency owned by Joe Whalen.

1/20/2010 . Edited by Danielle Thamasa, 2/16/2010 #1
J.A. Fletcher

Joe relaxed behind his desk, oiling the barrel of his Tommy Gun.

1/29/2010 #2
Phoebe Powers

((From the Park))

From the outside, the agency looked nice enough. She stood there for a moment, slightly hesitant about going inside. Though she was usually outgoing around strangers, especially while working at the hospital, she had never really done anything like this before. It gave her a funny feeling in her gut. Letting out a deep breath, she tried to relax. She was just going to see Joe Whalen, and he had seemed a nice guy the night before. These jitters weren't going to help with anything. Trying to push the feelings aside, Alice stepped forward and walked into the agency.

2/1/2010 #3
J.A. Fletcher

Joe was taken by surprise when he saw Alice walk through the door, though he tried not to hide it. He stopped oiling the Tommy gun, put it on the desk, and walked forward with his hand extended for a shake.

"Alice. How nice of you to drop by."

2/2/2010 #4
Phoebe Powers

Alice smiled and took his hand. "Well my mother always told me that whenever a nice man asks to see you again, it is never a good idea to make him wait too long. Besides, I have the day off today."

2/2/2010 #5
J.A. Fletcher

"Well, I had something in mind." Joe said. "What do you think of boats?"

2/3/2010 #6
J.A. Fletcher

At that moment, Tony burst through the door with a Thomson sub-machine gun. A sneer appeared on his face.

"Whalen." He said simply, and sprayed the room with hot lead.

2/3/2010 #7
Phoebe Powers

((Oh, well this is certainly interesting. What are you thinking in regards to injury sustained by both Alice and Joe? It's highly unlikely that Alice would walk out of this without a scratch, especially since Tony is basically shooting up the whole room.))

Alice was going to respond that she enjoyed boats but it was when she was about to open her mouth that a man burst through the door holding a gun. She couldn't help but freeze up at that. She had seen the outcome of this sort of thing at the hospital before but she had never actually witnessed it firsthand.

2/4/2010 #8
J.A. Fletcher

Joe was hit multiple times and went crashing over the top of his desk and on the other side. He could not even cry out. He simply reached his arm up.

"A-A-Ali-Alice..." His arm dropped, and he lay, still on the ground.

2/4/2010 #9
Phoebe Powers

Alice slowly made her way over to Joe and immediately began checking for signs of life.

2/5/2010 #10
J.A. Fletcher

Tony aimed the gun at the girl.

"Goodbye, kitten." He was about to fire when he heard police sirens wailing. It made sense. The station was only a few blocks away. He ran out of the agency, letting go a few short bursts from his Tommy gun.

Joe groaned.

2/6/2010 #11
Phoebe Powers

Alice looked up at the guy aiming the gun at her and she gasped. Then she heard the sirens and almost let out a sigh of relief when the guy ran out. Knowing that help was on the way, she turned her attention back to Joe. She knew that she had taken a few shots as well but nothing as serious as what had happened to Joe. Looking for the most severe injury she put pressure on the wound to try and hold back the bleeding a little. "Joe?" she asked, finding that if was difficult to even try and speak. But she knew she had to. It would be better if she could keep Joe conscious. "Joe, talk to me. The police are on the way but I need you to talk to me, all right?"

2/6/2010 #12
J.A. Fletcher

Joe rolled over on his back and coughed up blood.

"A-Alice..." He coughed again, little spots of blood landed on his shirt. "Alice...I'm not-not going to...make it." He was growing deathly pale, and his face took on a peaceful look, as though his mind was not registering what was happening.

2/6/2010 #13
Phoebe Powers

Alice shook her head. "No, don't think that way. The hospital is only a few blocks away. You're going to be fine. Just...talk to me, Joe. Stay with me."

2/7/2010 #14
J.A. Fletcher

"Alice..." He said weakly. "I love you...I don't know why...but I do. The first time I saw you...I knew it." He shook his head. "Damn...the best thing that's ever happened to me...and I lose it..." He tried to say more, but the life drained from his body, and he lay still for the last time.

((Dead))

2/7/2010 . Edited 2/7/2010 #15
Phoebe Powers

((Well that's sad...a very short RP existence for Joe.))

There were tears in her eyes. "Joe?" She checked for signs of life and found none. "No!" She had watched people die like this before but she had never felt as helpless as she did watching Joe die right in front of her. If he had held on for just a few more minutes then there might have been a chance. Alice could hear the police sirens getting closer but she didn't move from Joe's side. She would wait for the police to come to her.

2/8/2010 #16
J.A. Fletcher

Clyde Barton did not want to engage in a gunfight. As his partner gunned their patrol car toward the place where the gunfire had been heard, his heart beat quickly with fear.

They approached a small crowd of people gathering around the detective agency near the station.

"Jesus." His partner said. "That's Joe's place."

His partner stopped the car and climbed out with his .38 in his hand. Clyde did the same, and walked reluctantly into the building.

2/8/2010 #17
Phoebe Powers

Alice looked up when she heard the door open. For a moment she was concerned that the guy had come back, but then she saw the police. Regardless, she didn't move from Joe's side. Besides, she doubted she could if she wanted to as she could see that the edges of her vision were beginning to get hazy from the bloodloss.

2/8/2010 #18
J.A. Fletcher

Clyde looked at the man on the ground.

"Jesus." He said. The man was not moving. Clyde's feet would not let him move toward the man.

"Holy-" His partner ran to the man's side and knelt down. He felt for a beating of the man's heart. He tried to find a sign of life, but it was in vain. He looked toward the woman. "He's dead." He looked at Clyde.

"D-dead?"

"Who did it?" His partner asked the woman.

2/8/2010 #19
Phoebe Powers

Alice looked over at the police, tears in her eyes. "He died about a minute before you got here," she answered. "It was a man with a big gun."

She paused for a few moments. "I could probably tell you a little more about what he looks like but I need to get to the hospital." Already she was beginning to feel as if she were floating, even though she knew she was firmly on the ground. It would only be a few more minutes before she lost consciousness.

2/9/2010 #20
J.A. Fletcher

Clyde saw how faint the woman looked. Well, no wonder, he thought. After what she just saw. His partner turned to him. "Clyde. Take this woman to the hospital."

"What about the perp?"

"He's gone." They heard the sound of sirens. "I'll get the other boys on it. Take the patrol car."

Clyde nodded and helped the woman to her feet.

2/9/2010 #21
Phoebe Powers

Alice couldn't take her eyes off of Joe...or at least his body. Joe was gone. She reached to her side and covered up one of her wounds, holding onto it tightly with one hand and holding onto the police officer with the other. Even trying to stand up she could feel her legs shaking.

2/9/2010 #22
J.A. Fletcher

Clyde helped her into the car and started off toward the hospital. She looked pretty shaken up. He was shaken up himself. His hands trembled on the steering wheel.

"W-what happened?"

2/9/2010 #23
Phoebe Powers

Alice glanced over at him. "I...I went to see Joe. We were going to have dinner together and then...that man showed up and started shooting. It...it all happened so fast," she replied. To her, she thought it sounded as if she was whispering though she knew it was a little louder than that. Her thoughts were still muddled; she was trying to process what had happened.

2/9/2010 #24
J.A. Fletcher

"Do you remember what he looked like?"

(You can refer to Tony's char sheet.)

2/9/2010 #25
Phoebe Powers

She let out a deep breath and nodded. "He was a taller man, slicked back brunette hair and he had a thin mustache." She paused to think on it a moment more. From working at the hospital she had gotten used to taking in all the details of a person. "He was wearing a double breasted suit and a fedora."

"I hope you will find him."

2/10/2010 #26
J.A. Fletcher

"We will. Are you hurt?" He looked at the woman. She was quite pretty.

2/10/2010 #27
Phoebe Powers

She pressed her hand even harder against the wound in her side. "A little. Would it be possible to drive a little faster?" Alice closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. They needed to get to the hospital now.

2/10/2010 #28
J.A. Fletcher

Clyde gunned it and drove into the parking lot of the hospital.

((To..can you guess?))

2/10/2010 #29
Phoebe Powers

((Obviously to the Hospital))

2/10/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member