Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
J.A. Fletcher

The most famous restaurant in Hollywood, a popular hangout for the biggest stars. Whether you want a burger or a screenplay, the Brown Derby on Wilshire Boulevard is the place to be, if you've got the right connections.

2/16/2010 . Edited by Danielle Thamasa, 2/16/2010 #1
J.A. Fletcher

Jack Mayer waited in front of the Brown Derby, hoping that Lilah would show up.

2/17/2010 #2
Phoebe Powers

Lilah walked up to the restaurant, wearing a nice green spring dress she had had specially made for her a few months earlier. It only seemed to bring out the color of her eyes and emphasize her red-blonde hair. She saw Jack Mayer and smiled. "Mr. Mayer," she said, walking over to him. "It is nice to see you again."

2/17/2010 #3
J.A. Fletcher

When Jack saw her, he nearly keeled over. His heart pounded harder than the feet of the charging Rhino he had taken down in Africa. He could not help it. He was in love.

"M-Ms. L-Lilah."

2/17/2010 #4
Phoebe Powers

((haha...exactly what his cousin was scared would happen.))

"Miss Lilah? Well I haven't heard anyone call me that since before I moved out here to Hollywood," she answered with a smile.

2/17/2010 #5
J.A. Fletcher

((Wow. I hadn't even realized that. My characters just do their own thing.))

Jack was breathless. "I-I..."

2/17/2010 #6
Phoebe Powers

Lilah smiled and shook her head. "Why don't we go inside and order lunch?"

2/17/2010 #7
J.A. Fletcher

"L-L-Lunch..." He scrambled to open the door for Lilah.

2/17/2010 #8
Phoebe Powers

She walked through the door. "Thank you." Though she was used to men reacting in this manner, it was strange that he was; he certainly hadn't acted that way the previous day. She hoped it wouldn't last long because it would make conversation difficult.

2/17/2010 #9
J.A. Fletcher

He led her to his table and held her chair out for her.

2/17/2010 #10
Phoebe Powers

Lilah smiled and sat down. "Well, you certainly are a gentleman."

2/17/2010 #11
J.A. Fletcher

"Thank you." He went to his side of the table and sat down, still mesmerized by her. "I-so-what experience have you h-had?"

2/17/2010 #12
Phoebe Powers

"Well, I moved to Hollywood a little over a year ago and I have been in a couple small films and I have been in a few magazine advertisements. I know it is not as much as some other actresses but everyone has to start somewhere, right?"

2/17/2010 #13
J.A. Fletcher

"Y-yes, of course. W-where are you from?"

2/17/2010 #14
Phoebe Powers

"A small town in Tennessee. You probably haven't heard of it."

2/17/2010 #15
J.A. Fletcher

"Ah, so like a Merton of the Movies. Clifford Armatage sort of idea, eh?"

((If you've never read or listened to Merton of the Movies, you have to. I can send the radio show to you, if you want. Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland.))

2/17/2010 #16
Phoebe Powers

((Don't need to send it to me. They have it on YouTube.))

She nodded. "I guess you could say that."

2/17/2010 #17
J.A. Fletcher

((Wonderful.))

"L-listen, Lilah. You're very-" He stopped and waved over a waiter.

"I'll have the usual, Lyle." He said to the waiter. "What'll you have?" He asked Lilah.

2/17/2010 #18
Phoebe Powers

She looked over at him. "I wouldn't even know what to choose. What do you recommend?"

2/17/2010 #19
J.A. Fletcher

"The-the burgers are very good." He looked at the waiter. "The same." When Lyle walked off, he looked at Lilah. "L-Lyle's an actor."

2/17/2010 #20
Phoebe Powers

"Thank you." Lilah watched Lyle walk away and then turned back to Jack. "He's an actor and a waiter?"

2/17/2010 #21
J.A. Fletcher

"Every waiter, waitress, busboy, and messenger in Hollywood is either an actor, writer, or director."

2/17/2010 #22
Phoebe Powers

"Then I guess I haven't spent enough time talking with everyone."

2/17/2010 #23
J.A. Fletcher

"Well, y-yes."

2/17/2010 #24
Phoebe Powers

She smiled once again. "I guess I will have to work on that," she replied. "This new movie you will be directing, what is it about?"

2/17/2010 #25
J.A. Fletcher

"It's about speakeasies." Jack replied.

2/18/2010 #26
Phoebe Powers

Lilah nodded. "I have heard about those. Never really been to one myself. I don't drink all that often."

2/18/2010 #27
J.A. Fletcher

"Well, if you're accepted for the part," he said, gaining a little confidence. "then you'll be able to see them firsthand."

2/18/2010 #28
Phoebe Powers

"It would be a rather worthwhile experience, I suppose."

2/18/2010 #29
J.A. Fletcher

Lyle came back with two burgers, fries, and drinks. He placed them in front of Jack and Lilah.

"Thanks, Lyle." Jack nodded.

"You're very welcome, Mr. Mayer. By the way, have you spoken to your cousin yet?"

Jack gave him a stern look, and Lyle wandered off.

2/18/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member