Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Phoebe Powers

Lilah looked over at Jack. "Seems like everyone is after something," she said.

2/18/2010 #31
J.A. Fletcher

"What are you after?" He took a sip of his Cola.

2/18/2010 #32
Phoebe Powers

"I thought that would be obvious," she said with a smile. "I want a life, something more than working at my dad's little store. If that life happens to be here in Hollywood so much the better, but I couldn't stand feeling smothered any longer."

2/18/2010 #33
J.A. Fletcher

He took a bite of his burger. "Any experience in actual acting, other than rags?"

2/18/2010 . Edited 2/18/2010 #34
Phoebe Powers

"Not so much, but I am really a quick study and I work hard. Honestly that should count for something." She picked up one of the fries and took a bite.

2/18/2010 #35
J.A. Fletcher

"Sometimes." Jack said. He took a handful of fries and stuffed them in his mouth.

2/18/2010 #36
Phoebe Powers

"Not everyone in Hollywood gets to start off with a film on the big screen. Some of us have to work up to it."

2/18/2010 #37
J.A. Fletcher

"You know how I started out? Two dollars and a pith helmet."

2/18/2010 #38
J.A. Fletcher

((Phoebes, you're needed in Harris Apartment))

2/18/2010 #39
Phoebe Powers

Lilah smiled. "And look at you now. So you understand what I mean then, about working your way up and building your career."

2/18/2010 #40
J.A. Fletcher

"I do." Jack replied. "Except for the fact that my cousin is Louis B." He finished his burger and started working on his fries.

2/18/2010 #41
Phoebe Powers

"Then at least you have a connection to use to help you on your way towards the top," Lilah pointed out.

2/18/2010 #42
J.A. Fletcher

"What kind of connections are you looking for?"

2/18/2010 #43
Phoebe Powers

She shrugged. "Every kind. Professional and personal. I have several acquaintances here but not really anyone that I'm actually close to."

2/18/2010 #44
J.A. Fletcher

"Should we take this audition back to my place?"

2/18/2010 #45
Phoebe Powers

"Well, if you wanted to...I wouldn't say no."

2/18/2010 #46
J.A. Fletcher

"When you finish eating we can go."

2/18/2010 #47
Phoebe Powers

She had finished her fries and she took another bite out of her burger. Then she set the burger back down. "I really don't think I could eat the rest." Half of her burger remained untouched.

2/18/2010 #48
J.A. Fletcher

"We all set?" Jack waved Lyle over. Lyle held the check, and Jack paid him.

"Talk to Louis for me." Lyle said before walking away.

2/18/2010 #49
Phoebe Powers

"He certainly is persistent."

2/18/2010 #50
J.A. Fletcher

"Definitely. But that's Hollywood."

((To Jack Mayer Penthouse?))

2/18/2010 #51
Phoebe Powers

"Yes it is," she answered as she stood up.

((To Jack Mayer Penthouse.))

2/18/2010 #52
Maximilianus

Harry sat down at one of the best tables at the Brown Derby. True, the food wasn't that good, but this was where the stars met to form constellations. No one was really sure why.

8/6/2011 #53
J.A. Fletcher
Gary entered the Brown Derby and saw Harry Warner sitting down at a table. He joined him. "Harry." He nodded.
8/6/2011 #54
Maximilianus

"Gary, Gary, Gary." Harry pumped Cooper's hand ecstatically. "So good to see you again. I'm so sorry you have to contend with the criminals over at MGM."

8/6/2011 #55
J.A. Fletcher
"Let's cut to the chase." Gary said. "What can you do for me that the good fellows over at MGM can't?"
8/6/2011 #56
Maximilianus

Harry blinked. He'd actually been quite looking forward to lunch. "Well, we can pay you what you truly deserve and throw all of our power behind you to make you a star. I'm talking Academy Awards and telephone numbrs here."

8/6/2011 #57
J.A. Fletcher
"Sounds interesting. Don't worry about the awards. You give me the pictures, and I'll do the rest."
8/6/2011 #58
Maximilianus

Harry chuckled. "I appreciate that, but it's more complex than you think. You're a great actor, babe, one of the greatest. But acting alone doesn't win the big awards. There are people to be contacted, monies to be 'donated,' unions to contact. Nobody wins an Academy Award just by acting. Not you, not Gable, not Jolson, not nobody. I'm afraid you need us, Gary."

8/6/2011 #59
J.A. Fletcher
"How much are you offering?"
8/6/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member