Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

"They want me to stay as safe as possible, but I'm not going to stop being who I am just because I have children now. I could never be just a housewife. I wouldn't know how to do that. It would be too dull for me."

4/11/2010 #961
Rogue-writer-16

Addy snorted at that,

"I can imagine what you'd get up to if you were left to be a housewife." she laughed softly, "I can understand that, Sammy, I really can but maybe it's best to take a back seat until this Mancini thing sorts itself out. Nobody even knows who is stepping up, if at all. We won't know how they work or what they're willing to do to get what they want."

4/11/2010 #962
Danielle Thamasa

"I'm going to be careful, and I'm not doing much until we find out who's taking over Mancini's people. You know I've been through a lot in the past. I can handle most everything they put me through."

4/11/2010 #963
Rogue-writer-16

"I know." Addy smiled and bumped her shoulder with her own, "You're always careful. I guess we all forget that sometimes." she admitted then bit her lip, "You're set on this, then?" she asked.

4/11/2010 #964
Danielle Thamasa

Samara nodded. "I have to do this."

4/11/2010 #965
Rogue-writer-16

Addy nodded, she didn't think Sammy would change her mind and she patted her hand again, "Well, if you have to, you've got my support." she offered, "After all, what use am I if I'm not stirring up some sort of trouble in this household?" she joked.

4/11/2010 #966
Danielle Thamasa

She smiled over at her sister. "Thank you."

4/11/2010 #967
Rogue-writer-16

She shrugged one shoulder awkwardly but smiled,

"Don't mention it... seriously. I want to see Aldo's face when I agree with you." she grinned.

4/11/2010 #968
Danielle Thamasa

Samara nodded. "I'll make sure you get the chance."

4/11/2010 #969
Rogue-writer-16

Addy grinned and chuckled but had to smother a yawn. She squeezed Samara's hand,

"I hate to have to leave but if I don't go find a bed I'm going to collapse on the floor."

4/11/2010 #970
Danielle Thamasa

Samara nodded. She could tell that Addy was tired. "You might want to clean yourself up a bit too."

4/11/2010 #971
Rogue-writer-16

Addy glanced down at herself then felt her cheeks flush. it was unlike her to be so untidy in the first place, let alone bring all her mess home with her. She was exhausted and it was starting to show.

"Yeah. Good idea." she nodded nad stood, kissing Samara's cheek, "I'll come find you later. I intend to spoil those god-shildren of mine." she grinned and headed up the stairs to her room to shower and sleep.

4/11/2010 #972
Danielle Thamasa

"You can spoil the twins anytime you want."

She watched Addy head upstairs and then she stood up and moved to the kitchen.

4/11/2010 #973
Lee's ghost re-born

Aldo decided to check on his wife. "Darling?" he called coming downstairs.

4/11/2010 #974
Danielle Thamasa

"In the kitchen, Aldo."

4/11/2010 #975
Lee's ghost re-born

He came in and hugged her. "What have been doing?"

4/11/2010 #976
Danielle Thamasa

"I was talking with Addy. She's finally home."

4/11/2010 #977
Lee's ghost re-born

"Really?" he said rising a brow. "How is she?"

4/11/2010 #978
Danielle Thamasa

"Exhausted. She's overworking herself, and I feel somewhat feel responsible for it. I don't do the work I used to."

4/11/2010 #979
Lee's ghost re-born

He rubbed her shoulders. 'You don't you can, you're a mother too, rember?" he teased.

4/11/2010 #980
Danielle Thamasa

"But I had my job first and I'm not going to give up that part of myself."

4/11/2010 #981
Lee's ghost re-born

"Yes, but they need to be with you for awhile, you can't just disappear."

4/11/2010 #982
Danielle Thamasa

"I'm not going to disappear. Aldo, we've discussed this before and I thought we came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to give up my work but I'm going to be careful."

4/11/2010 #983
Lee's ghost re-born

"We di, and know," he huffed. "Its just I still worry.."

4/11/2010 #984
Danielle Thamasa

"I know you do. Don't you think that I worry too? I mean, I don't want my children to grow up like I did, without a mother, but I can't give up my work. If I did I would be giving up a huge part of myself and I just...I can't."

4/11/2010 #985
Lee's ghost re-born

"I know your family is important, but what about our family? Do you want Sam and El growing up the way we did? Having to look over their shoulders for fear of bring attacked just because they are your children? Say we overpower whoever is in charge here, whats to stop another young punk starting another family? Don't you see? We'll always be living in fear. It will never end, Sammy." It took him a lot to speak his mind and he dropped into a chair.

4/11/2010 #986
Danielle Thamasa

"I'm tired of discussing this. We looked over our shoulders enough before we were married. We have the support of both of our families and they'll make sure nothing happens to me."

She moved towards the hallway. "I can't do this." Then she walked away, moving into the living room and sitting down on the couch.

4/11/2010 #987
Lee's ghost re-born

Aldo huffed anger.

4/11/2010 #988
Danielle Thamasa

She pulled her legs up into her chest and buried her head in her knees. She sat like that for a few minutes and then got up. Samara ran upstairs and went into her bedroom, closing and locking the door behind her.

4/11/2010 #989
Lee's ghost re-born

After awhile Aldo tried to go to bed but the doorknob was frim. He jiggled it, "Open the door, plese."

4/11/2010 #990
« Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member