Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Phoebe Powers

((Okay, fade in))

Lilah smiled. "You are amazing."

9/12/2010 #61
J.A. Fletcher

"Where have I heard this song before?"

9/12/2010 #62
Phoebe Powers

She smiled and kissed him. "You should know the answer to that."

9/12/2010 #63
J.A. Fletcher

"Oh, I know." He said. "But I really have the urge to drain my fire-hose. I'll be right back."

9/12/2010 #64
Phoebe Powers

"Don't take too long."

9/12/2010 #65
J.A. Fletcher

"I won't." He pulled on his boxers and left the room and used the lavatory. He felt a draft in the suite and remembered that he had left Seth's window open. He went into the room, shut the window, and sat on the edge of his bed. "Hey, kid." Jack said. "Excuse my French state, but I just wanted to see how you were coming along. Listen, kid, I know it's tough being alone." He reached out to pat Seth, but his hand touched empty air. "Talk about being alone." He said, looking around for the boy. He was not in the room.

Jack left the room and looked around. Seth was nowhere in the suite. Perhaps he had gone to Lilah. He entered their bedroom and looked around.

9/12/2010 #66
Phoebe Powers

Lilah sat up as Jack came back into the bedroom and looked around. "What is it? Did you lose something?"

9/12/2010 #67
J.A. Fletcher

"You're sort of right. Remember how I said I wished the kid could disappear? I think he did."

9/12/2010 #68
Phoebe Powers

"What do you mean? He wouldn't just leave. He was excited about going to see my parents."

9/12/2010 #69
J.A. Fletcher

"Well I don't know, you're supposed to be the smart one! I'm just the one with charm and devilishly good looks."

9/12/2010 #70
Phoebe Powers

"Could someone have gotten in here and taken him?" Lilah got up and grabbed her bathrobe, pulling it on.

9/12/2010 #71
J.A. Fletcher

"I don't know, but now that we're finally really alone..."

9/12/2010 #72
Phoebe Powers

She looked over at him. "How could you say that? We have to go find him!"

9/12/2010 #73
J.A. Fletcher

"Oh, I know..." Jack said. "I was just hoping you'd come over to the dark side this once." He pulled on his clothes. "Sister, you had better put on more clothes."

9/12/2010 #74
Phoebe Powers

Lilah went and grabbed a green dress, hastily putting it on. "Come on. We have to find him."

9/12/2010 #75
J.A. Fletcher

((Lilah, you've worn that green dress for like, ten weeks straight. You're disgusting.))

"Come on." Jack said, leaving the hotel room.

9/12/2010 #76
Phoebe Powers

((She's in a green dress, not necessarily the same one.))

Lilah followed him. As she walked she couldn't help but think about the fact that Jack had opened the window in Seth's room.

9/12/2010 #77
J.A. Fletcher

((Okay. I'm assuming green is her favorite color.))

"Just great." Jack said as they walked to the concierge's desk. "Have you seen a little boy around here?" He described Seth.

"Si, Senior." The concierge replied. "I saw him carried out by a man. He was sleeping, Senior."

9/12/2010 #78
Phoebe Powers

((Well, she looks good in green.))

Lilah gasped. He had been taken. She looked over at Jack, trying to keep her thoughts to herself. Part of her wanted to yell at Jack. He was the one who opened the window. He was the one who basically allowed someone to enter their room and take Seth. Somehow she managed to hold it in, for now at least.

9/12/2010 #79
J.A. Fletcher

"Christ." Jack said. "Which way did they go?"

"Por que?" The concierge pointed toward the back of the lobby. Jack ran that way.

9/12/2010 #80
Phoebe Powers

Lilah ran after Jack. She could feel her heart racing. If something had happened to Seth, if he was hurt... It didn't matter that they had adopted Seth; he was her son.

9/12/2010 #81
J.A. Fletcher

Jack ran right through the crew hallway and out of the back entrance into the damp alley.

"Seth!" He called. "Seth!" He ran toward the street.

9/12/2010 #82
Phoebe Powers

"Seth! Answer me, please!" Lilah cried. "Oh, God, what if something has happened to him?"

9/12/2010 #83
J.A. Fletcher

Jack grabbed Lilah's arm. "We can't think of that. Okay?"

9/12/2010 #84
Phoebe Powers

"I...I can't help it. He's a little boy and someone took him from his home, from his bed. You tell me what I'm supposed to think in a situation like this."

9/12/2010 #85
J.A. Fletcher

"We have to remain calm. We will find him."

9/12/2010 #86
Phoebe Powers

Lilah looked up at Jack. "Do you promise?"

9/12/2010 #87
J.A. Fletcher

He gently stroked her hair.

"Oh, dear, I promise."

9/13/2010 #88
Phoebe Powers

Lilah closed her eyes and took a really deep breath. "We should go to the cops and report him missing."

9/13/2010 #89
J.A. Fletcher

"That's a good idea. Come on."

(To the Police Station)

9/13/2010 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member