Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
J.A. Fletcher

Empty warehouse down the street from the Hospital. Store moonshine here or use it for a temporary HQ.

9/21/2010 #1
Phoebe Powers

The building seemed rather large from the inside. If Clyde were inside he could be anywhere, and so could whoever had shot at them this time.

9/21/2010 #2
J.A. Fletcher

Linus Huxley carried the little boy into a small room that had been converted into a cell.

9/21/2010 #3
Phoebe Powers

Alice froze as she thought she heard someone walking around somewhere in the building. She even found that she was holding her breath. But that seemed a little ridiculous so she let it out slowly. She waited a few more moments and then started walking again, looking around constantly, trying to find Clyde.

9/21/2010 #4
J.A. Fletcher

He put the boy on the cot, left the cell, and closed the iron gate.

9/21/2010 #5
Phoebe Powers

The door closing she definitely heard. Moving in the direction she thought she had heard it, she tried to figure out exactly what was going on. Alice stopped as she reached an area that was basically open. She would have to run across an area of about twelve feet with absolutely nothing to hide behind. Taking a deep breath she readied herself for it and then took off, running for the nearest stack of boxes she could hide behind.

9/21/2010 #6
J.A. Fletcher

Linus appeared from behind the boxes and looked at the girl with a creepy grin on his face. "Hello, darling."

9/21/2010 #7
Phoebe Powers

Alice held up the gun, pointing it at the man. Her finger was on the trigger and she was ready to shoot. "Stay back. I will shoot you. Where's Clyde?"

9/21/2010 #8
J.A. Fletcher

((Remember, Phoebe, you don't know whether that gun's loaded or not.))

Linus only laughed. "Your friend is quite well, I assure you. I don't know if I'll be able to say the same for you."

9/21/2010 #9
Phoebe Powers

((True, but still, she can make a threat.))

Alice's eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

9/21/2010 #10
J.A. Fletcher

((Of course. Just a fair warning in case she gets trigger-happy.))

From out of his pocket he drew a rusty hatchet.

9/21/2010 #11
Phoebe Powers

((Well, if she does pull the trigger, you obviously get to decide if it actually does anything. After all, it is your character's gun.))

Alice took a few steps back, adding a little more distance between herself and the guy with the hatchet. This was not looking good.

9/21/2010 #12
J.A. Fletcher

((To hatch or not to hatch. That is the question.))

"Tell me, darling." Linus said, taking a menacing step toward Alice. "Where did Maple White get his honey?"

9/21/2010 #13
Phoebe Powers

Alice took another step backwards. The whole time she kept the gun pointed at the man. She really did not want to shoot him but if she had to, she would. "Please, just stay away from me."

9/21/2010 #14
J.A. Fletcher

"I asked you a question."

9/21/2010 #15
Phoebe Powers

"What do you want me to say? I don't know the answer to your question!"

9/21/2010 #16
J.A. Fletcher

His eyes were wild. "WHERE DID MAPLE WHITE GET HIS HONEY?"

9/21/2010 #17
Phoebe Powers

Alice didn't know what else to do; she pulled the trigger.

9/21/2010 #18
J.A. Fletcher

Linus watched her finger squeeze on the trigger. There was a loud report.

9/21/2010 #19
Phoebe Powers

((Slightly random comment but Alice really is a good shot. There's a lot of her backstory that hasn't come out yet.))

She pulled the trigger a second time before she turn and ran in the opposite direction, trying to distance herself from the man.

9/21/2010 #20
J.A. Fletcher

((Even the best shots don't always operate well under fear with a cop's cheap .38.))

Linus looked down at his chest. He was not wounded. He started after the girl.

9/21/2010 #21
Phoebe Powers

((True...but she was trained by a mob boss so that gives her bonus points.))

Alice glanced back and noticed that he was coming after her. She turned after a stack of boxes and started looking for some place to run and hide.

9/21/2010 #22
J.A. Fletcher

((Now she's a mobster?))

Linus threw the hatchet toward her, and it smashed into a crate.

9/21/2010 . Edited 9/21/2010 #23
J.A. Fletcher

((Sorry, thinking of wrong person))

9/21/2010 #24
Phoebe Powers

((Lilah is the actress. Alice is the nurse whose uncle and cousin just happen to be in a mob.))

Alice jumped at the sound of the hatchet smashing into a crate that was barely a foot away from her. She ran as fast as she could, almost frantically searching for some place to hide.

9/21/2010 #25
J.A. Fletcher

((Pardon me, I'm just tired. Why do you think that Maple White line?))

"Mary Mary quite contrary!" Linus chanted as he pursued her. "Where are you going, Mary?" He plucked his hatchet out of the crate.

9/21/2010 #26
Phoebe Powers

Alice turned and ran down a different aisle and then found a stack of boxes hidden behind a sheet-like curtain. Quickly and silently she slid behind the curtain and moved behind the boxes, crouching down and trying to keep from making any noise that would help the man find her.

((Honestly, I must say that like Alice I have no idea when it comes to that Maple White line.))

9/21/2010 #27
J.A. Fletcher

((Should I leave you in the dark like Alice, or do you actually want to know?))

Linus ran past a curtain, hearing her footsteps fade down a corridor.

9/21/2010 #28
Phoebe Powers

((I am actually curious and would like to know.))

Alice closed her eyes and listened for what was going on on the other side of the curtain. Yet again she was in a strange situation that she had never imagined. And again she found herself wondering if she should listen to her parents and move north to Connecticut with them. It would almost certainly be safer.

9/21/2010 #29
J.A. Fletcher

((Maple White is the man who discovered the plateau in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, the one who leaves his journal to be found by Prof. Challenger. Honey was just the first word that came to my mind after that.))

Linus ran down another corridor, searching for the girl. She was just ahead of him in the darkness, he could hear her running.

9/21/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member