Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
J.A. Fletcher

Arnold rushed into the station, asking questions to those who were standing around.

12/18/2010 #91
Phoebe Powers

Alice let out a deep breath and looked around. "When should we leave here? I mean, obviously we need to pack up our things and I should tell the hospital that I'm leaving without telling them where I'm going. This all feels so unplanned." Of course, that had been exactly what she was doing only minutes before, rushing off somewhere without planning a thing.

12/27/2010 #92
J.A. Fletcher

"Alice...calm down. It's going to be okay."

12/27/2010 #93
Phoebe Powers

"Okay? What part of any of this has been okay? We have been shot at and basically hunted down. Nothing about that is normal, especially for someone in my profession. I can't even focus at work anymore. I'm so worried that someone will come into the hospital and start shooting up the place. I...I just never imagined that accepting a dinner invitation with Joe would lead to all of this."

1/6/2011 #94
J.A. Fletcher

"Well that's what happens in a wild town like this. And we can either lie down and take it, or we can do something about it."

1/7/2011 #95
Phoebe Powers

Alice said nothing, but her thoughts were spinning. There was a solution that she desperately wanted to avoid, and that was going to her family, the ones who still lived in Boston. She had already told her cousin some of what happened, but to tell any more meant the possibility of being dragged into that family business. Alice wanted nothing to do with that. She had only agreed to the lessons they gave years ago because she thought it would be important to know in case she ever was attacked. Now she could see that the lessons weren't exactly helpful. Most of the time she just froze when she encountered any of it.

1/11/2011 #96
J.A. Fletcher

L哦哦, A蠡測, I'額哈 額嗕. I'ㄇ熱四佛ㄇ特 BOI."

1/12/2011 #97
Phoebe Powers

((...?? All I can read is L, A, I'. I' BOI."))

1/13/2011 #98
J.A. Fletcher
((What the hell?))
1/29/2011 #99
Phoebe Powers

((I don't know what happened with that post. All I know is that I couldn't read it, and therefore couldn't respond))

1/29/2011 #100
J.A. Fletcher
((Sorry, I didn't realize it.))
1/29/2011 #101
Phoebe Powers

((It's okay. It happens. Just re-post and we'll move on.))

2/3/2011 #102
J.A. Fletcher

"Alice, I'm going right down to the BOI and send in my resignation."

2/4/2011 #103
Phoebe Powers

Alice nodded slowly. "I need to go home and...and pack. I want to leave now, Clyde. I don't want to wake up and find that I have to spend another day in this place."

2/16/2011 #104
J.A. Fletcher

"Okay, honey." Clyde said. "Come on, I'll give you a ride."

3/21/2011 #105
Phoebe Powers

"Thank you, Clyde." Alice turned and started to walk away from the train station, wanting to get away from all the mayhem of this town.

3/24/2011 #106
J.A. Fletcher

He helped Alice into the car and sped off toward the hospital. "Those dicks are gonna come looking for me." Clyde said. "But I'll give 'em the slip when we go to California. Never liked the law enforcement business to much anyway."

3/29/2011 #107
Phoebe Powers

"What will you do when we get to California then?" she asked. "I know that I will be able to find a job at a hospital there but I don't think that we should run off without having an idea of what we're going to do when we get there."

3/31/2011 #108
J.A. Fletcher
"I can get a job in security." Clyde said. "Work for Mary Pickford, huh? Or maybe Rudolf Valentino."
4/7/2011 #109
J.A. Fletcher
"Besides, nobody knows what they're gonna do when they go off across the country. It's the adventure, the mystery of not knowing. Well, maybe not the adventure, but...well, you know what I mean, Alice."
4/7/2011 #110
Phoebe Powers

"I may enjoy reading the occasional mystery but I certainly do not like them otherwise." She paused and looked at him. "We should leave now. I have to pack."

6/3/2011 #111
J.A. Fletcher

Clyde parked the car in front of the hospital. "First thing's first, sweetheart. Gotta take care of your job first."

6/8/2011 #112
Phoebe Powers

She turned and looked at him when he stopped at the hospital. "I left a note at the end of my shift earlier about me leaving here. I have nothing left to do in regards to my job."

6/8/2011 #113
mindblown

Sadie Parker clutched her bag close to her chest. It was her day off. Her very first one. She knew that she should be spending her time productively, instead of standing in around watching people move about. She quickly made her way towards the booth and inquired how much a ticked would be. She wanted to explore the town, but she knew that she couldn't afford to. She had the rent and the bills to pay. She had to remind herself of that.

She thanked the person behind the booth and began to make her way out of the station.

So, what do I do now?

(*waves* Hi! Anyone there?)

6/8/2011 #114
Phoebe Powers

On a rather rare day off from work, Charles made the decision to walk around town. When he reached the train station he stopped and simply stood there. He almost hated to be without a plan for the day but at the same time not knowing what to do or where to go did give a nice sense of freedom. Perhaps he would make his way to the park and enjoy the day. At least the weather was fairly nice.

((hello. Welcome to the forum.))

6/8/2011 #115
mindblown

Well, it doesn't matter. At least it's my day off. Nothing to worry about.

Sadie began humming an old ragtime tune her grandmother used to play and happily walked forward. She glanced around the area and smiled at every person she came across. She normally wasn't this cheerful, but she knew that she had to force herself to be happy so that her troubles wouldn't bother her on a rare day like this.

She smiled at the old woman that passed but frowned when she collided with something that caused her to loose balance and land on her bottom. "Oof!"

(Hi! :D I know it's kinda cliched to use the bump and meet thing, but it's the only thing that came to mind. :D )

6/8/2011 #116
Phoebe Powers

((It's okay. I actually find it amusing if done right.))

Charles jumped slightly as he felt someone bump into him. When he turned around he did not see anyone in the immediate vicinity but as he glanced down he saw a young woman sitting on the ground. He offered a hand to help her up. "Are you all right, Miss?"

6/8/2011 #117
mindblown

Sadie looked up and noticed a hand extended out to her. She bit her lip and took the man's hand. "Thanks," She muttered as she straightened her dress. "I'm sorry, I didn't watch where I was going."

(I hope I did it right. :D I'm not sure if I did.)

6/8/2011 . Edited 6/8/2011 #118
Phoebe Powers

He helped her up and then gave her a smile. "It is perfectly understandable. I have been known to get distracted by my surroundings as well. Besides, there was no harm done by it so there is really nothing to apologize for," he answered. "My name is Charles Everett, by the way."

6/8/2011 #119
mindblown

"That's swell," She said as she smiled. "Still, I should have been more cautious. Lord knows I need to pay attention more. It just might get me in trouble." She chuckled as she said this. "I'm Sadie Parker. It's nice to meet you, Charles."

6/8/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member