Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Phoebe Powers

"Whatever you have to say, it can wait. I think we both could use a nice rest."

8/6/2011 #61
J.A. Fletcher
"Well, it's rather important. You see - when I was in the war, a great deal of well, bad things happened to me. And I have a habit of screaming and sometimes thrashing in my sleep. So you understand if-"
8/6/2011 #62
Phoebe Powers

She nodded. "I understand. I have been around it before."

8/6/2011 #63
J.A. Fletcher
"Okay." Joe said, putting his arms around Alice. "Do you remember this song from the war? We used to sing it while marching. It went: pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile," he sang softly, "strike up a lucifer and light your fag, smile boys that's the style."
8/6/2011 #64
Phoebe Powers

Alice relaxed in his hold. "Yes, I remember hearing it."

8/6/2011 #65
J.A. Fletcher
"I never sang it with someone as beautiful as you."
8/6/2011 #66
Phoebe Powers

She smiled over at him. "You really don't need all this flattery. It is appreciated, but unnecessary."

8/6/2011 #67
J.A. Fletcher
"The war made me see things as fact."
8/6/2011 #68
Phoebe Powers

"Well the fact is that I am here with you and I do not need to be flattered all the time."

8/6/2011 #69
J.A. Fletcher
"Well then, flatter me." Joe said. "With another kiss."
8/6/2011 #70
Phoebe Powers

Alice smiled. "Now that...I can do." She leaned into him again and gave him another gentle kiss.

8/6/2011 #71
J.A. Fletcher
Joe kissed her passionately, rolling almost on top of her.
8/6/2011 #72
Phoebe Powers

Alice lost herself in the kiss, finding herself unable to really think about anything else. She wrapped her arms around him and moved closer to him. This was something she had only dreamed about.

8/6/2011 #73
J.A. Fletcher

Joe felt her lightly, not having felt a woman's body in...gosh, he couldn't remember how long.

8/6/2011 . Edited 8/8/2011 #74
Phoebe Powers

((When did Jack leave Hollywood? lol))

After a few moments Alice pulled away slightly.

8/6/2011 #75
J.A. Fletcher

"What is it?" Joe asked. He did not want this to end. He loved Alice, sure. His feelings for her were more than he could bear. But at this moment, he wanted her body. And boy, what a body.

8/8/2011 #76
Phoebe Powers

"Joe, I...This is all really nice and it feels so right to be here with you, but perhaps we should move a little slower." Her body was trying to betray her by making her feel so wonderful at every touch but she could not allow herself to give in to the ecstasy of the emotions rushing through her. She had always planned to wait until marriage to be with a man and she could not give up on that belief.

8/8/2011 #77
J.A. Fletcher

"You're right." Joe said, although in his heart he knew the opposite.

8/8/2011 #78
Phoebe Powers

She leaned forward and kissed him again. "Thank you for understanding."

8/8/2011 #79
J.A. Fletcher

"Of course." Joe said. Did the Germans understand at Fort de Fleur? He thought and closed his eyes.

8/8/2011 #80
Phoebe Powers

Alice still could not believe what all had happened in the span of a day. There had been so many highs and lows that she really did not know what to feel now.

8/8/2011 #81
J.A. Fletcher

Joe was soon fast asleep.

8/8/2011 #82
Phoebe Powers

It took Alice a little while but soon enough she fell asleep as well, even if it was nothing more than a light sleep.

8/8/2011 #83
J.A. Fletcher

Joe awoke in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. He struggled to get out of bed, and went for his handkerchief. He wiped his face down, then went to his water basin by the window. He took his pajama shirt off and soaked the basin sponge with water. He wiped down his face, his arms, chest, and then toweled off. He put his shirt on, his slippers, his smoking jacket, and then limped out to the balcony. He rested against the rail and looked out at the Boston night.

8/8/2011 #84
Phoebe Powers

As Alice had been sleeping lightly, she woke when Joe slipped out of the bed. For a few moments she stayed in the bed, watching and waiting to see if he would return. Then when he stepped out to the balcony, Alice got up out of the bed. She walked out to the balcony and stood by the door. "Are you all right?"

8/8/2011 #85
J.A. Fletcher

"I'm fine." Joe said, hearing her walk to the door. "I, uh, don't want to go to sleep."

8/8/2011 #86
Phoebe Powers

"I guess that is understandable after everything that has happened. I have not slept well myself the past couple months."

8/8/2011 #87
J.A. Fletcher

"What's happened?" Joe asked. "Oh, no, it's not that. Listen, Alice, I've done an awful lot of bad things in my life." He looked at her through tired eyes. "Things from the war come back and haunt my dreams almost every night. Usually I dream about Fort Le Fleur, but it can be anything. I hate sleeping. It scares me."

(By the way, what is Lil doing?)

8/8/2011 . Edited 8/8/2011 #88
Phoebe Powers

((I guess I need to go to the next day with Lilly and I can skip the part where she goes to school and then the hospital and take her straight to Charley's))

Alice shook her head. "It is not all that important, at least not right now." She walked over to him. "If you ever want to talk about it, you can."

8/8/2011 #89
J.A. Fletcher

"Thanks, but...I don't even want to think about it."

8/8/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member