Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Maximilianus

Warner Brothers Studios is an up-and-coming studio in Hollywood, a purveyor of such stars as Rin Tin Tin and Al Jolson. And, if President Harry Warner gets his way, Gary Cooper.

8/2/2011 #1
J.A. Fletcher

The operator connected Gary with Harry's office.

8/5/2011 #2
Maximilianus

Harry's mouth was clamped around a cigar and it fell out when he jumped at the phone ringing. He sighed and picked up the receiver. "Harry Warner."

8/5/2011 #3
J.A. Fletcher

"Cooper here."

8/5/2011 #4
Maximilianus

"Gary, my friend, how the hell are you?"

8/5/2011 #5
J.A. Fletcher

"I'm just swell." Cooper replied. "I was thinking about your offer and decided to give you a call."

Clyde stopped at the guard box in front of the studio and leaned out the window of his Ford.

"Can I help you?" The guard asked.

"Yeah." Clyde said. "I would like to know if there are any openings in security."

8/5/2011 #6
Maximilianus

"Great!" crowed Harry. "But listen, I don't want my favorite star cooped up in a phone booth while we create his future. How about lunch?"

8/6/2011 #7
J.A. Fletcher
"Sounds fine to me. Brown Derby?"
8/6/2011 #8
Maximilianus

"Sure thing. Shall I send a car to pick you up?"

8/6/2011 #9
J.A. Fletcher
"Ha ha." Gary laughed. "No thanks. I'll walk. I'll give the populace the chance to take a look at Hollywood's best screen star.
8/6/2011 #10
Maximilianus

Harry chuckled as well. "Well, they can look, but they can't touch. See you at the Brown Derby, my friend."

((To Brown Derby.))

8/6/2011 #11
J.A. Fletcher
((To Brown Derby))
8/6/2011 #12
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member