Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

For lack of a better name. This is the juice joint supported by the Connelly family. It is located in the basement of a restaurant and looks like a tavern. A great place to get good liquor.

9/18/2011 #1
Maximilianus

There were two things that M. Corbett Shea needed upon entering a new place: a drink and a lay. He hoped to obtain both of these in the same place. After some hour cursing through the city for a genuine pub, he had to settle for this seedy little bootleg juice joint. Outlawing alcohol. A disgrace.

Mickey sat irritably at the bar, thunking his violin case on the floor next to him. "Whiskey and soda."

9/18/2011 #2
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn walked into her family's establishment and immediately headed for the bar and gestured to the bartender. "Colin, double shot of whiskey, please."

Colin nodded. "Coming right up, Evi."

9/18/2011 #3
Maximilianus

Mickey cleared his throat. "Ah, I was here first."

Colin the barman shrugged and served Evelyn first before giving Mickey his drink. "Sorry, mac. Boss's daughter. You know how it is."

Mickey cast fresh eyes on Evelyn. "Really now..."

9/19/2011 #4
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn took the drink and sat down at the bar. "Thanks Colin."

9/19/2011 #5
Maximilianus

Mickey slid in smoothly on the stool next to Evelyn. It was time to crank the Old Country charm. "Hi there."

9/19/2011 #6
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn didn't even look over at him. "Hello," she replied before taking a sip of her whiskey.

9/19/2011 #7
Maximilianus

"Can I buy you a drink?"

9/19/2011 #8
Danielle Thamasa

She glanced over at him. "My glass is full," she stated simply.

9/19/2011 #9
Maximilianus

Mickey winked. "Well, I've got plenty of time."

9/19/2011 #10
Danielle Thamasa

"Then be prepared to wait," Evelyn said as she set her glass down.

9/19/2011 #11
Maximilianus

By all the saints, it was like drawing blood from a stone! Mickey sighed and decided to cut to the chase. "Alright, lass, let me put it to you this way. I need to see your father for business reasons." He gave his violin case a little kick.

9/19/2011 #12
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn smirked at him. "Then you can wait for that as well."

9/19/2011 #13
Maximilianus

Mickey chuckled and drained his glass. "Yes, I'm sure that your dear father can get brand-new automatic rifles and military-grade explosives anywhere he likes."

Henry Connelly could do no such things. No dealer in America carried the same caliber (no pun intended) of weapons that M. Corbett Shea did.

9/19/2011 #14
Danielle Thamasa

"Well, that would be a matter you would have to discuss with him. It is useless to discuss any of this with me." Evelyn turned and looked at Colin. "Get the gentleman another round."

Colin nodded and refilled Mickey's glass.

9/19/2011 #15
Maximilianus

"Ah, that's why I need you, sweetheart." He briefly toasted both the barman and Evelyn and drank. "Grazie mille. You see, evidently one must have a reputation to visit Henry Connelly and, well, I simply cannot waste that kind of time."

9/19/2011 #16
Danielle Thamasa

"I would advise you against calling me sweetheart. It is a term of endearment and we share no such connection."

9/19/2011 #17
Maximilianus

"Oh, very well. Shall we skip the flattery and stick to cold hard facts then, Ice Queen?"

9/19/2011 #18
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn gave him a cool stare. "That would be very much appreciated."

9/19/2011 #19
Maximilianus

"Very well, She-Devil." Mickey drained his glass again. "You see, I cannot go gallivanting across this city selling to the highest bidder, for I might sell to one or more of your enemies. I prefer to deal with my own countrymen, especially after such a long time spent on the Continent."

9/19/2011 #20
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn nodded. "That is certainly understandable. It is likely that my father will appreciate the business offer."

9/19/2011 #21
Maximilianus

Mickey meticulously adjusted a cufflink as he spoke. "As I understand it you've been having quite a few problems with one Tony Moreno. A quick glance over my inventory will show that Mr. Moreno will cease to be an issue."

9/19/2011 #22
Danielle Thamasa

"That problem is not as pressing an issue as before. Moreno was arrested and sentenced to 199 years in prison. So I believe you will have to do better than that."

9/19/2011 #23
Maximilianus

"I hear still more. The Irish are woefully underestimated in America, crowded out by those brutes, uncouth Italians. You could easily wipe them from the face of this city. Boston, Massachusetts can be a stronghold of the Connelly Family."

9/19/2011 #24
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn turned in her seat to face the man. "That is yet another point to mention to my father. He will like the sound of the family in control of the entire city. But these points are ones you should make to him, not me. Why should I take you to see him?"

9/19/2011 #25
Maximilianus

"In total, brutal honesty, you are most convenient in speeding up my meeting with your father. It would have taken days otherwise."

9/19/2011 #26
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn shrugged. "That is most certainly the truth. I would be the most convenient...if I had plans to return home anytime soon."

9/19/2011 #27
Maximilianus

"Perhaps you might enjoy a drinking companion. I promise to you I will not attempt any falttery or anything even remotely complimentary."

9/20/2011 #28
Danielle Thamasa

"Well, that would certainly be acceptable." Evelyn looked over at him. "What is your name?"

9/20/2011 #29
Maximilianus

"Formally I am called M. Corbett Shea. My friends call me Mickey. You've proven yourself no friend of mine, but you may call me so nevertheless," Mickey replied, not looking up from his drink. He was an expert sophist; he could easily return cold shoulder with cold shoulder.

9/20/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member