Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

"That depends on the lover," Evi pointed out. "And I find that you are quite satisfactory in all areas."

9/26/2011 #91
Maximilianus

Colin the barman couldn't supress a chuckle. "In Evelyn-speak, that's the highest of compliments. Not every day I get a chuckle like that." He slid Mickey a refill. "On the house."

"Much obliged." Mickey raised his glass to Colin briefly and drank. "Well, thank you. I do strive to be...satsifactory."

9/26/2011 #92
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn took a sip of her drink. "We could always continue with this or go our separate ways. Which would you prefer?"

9/26/2011 #93
Maximilianus

"I see no reason to stop if you don't."

9/26/2011 #94
Danielle Thamasa

"I certainly see no reason to stop," Evelyn said. "Nor do I see any reason to find another lover. You are enough for me."

9/26/2011 #95
Maximilianus

"Interesting. Monogamy without the bells and whistles. Quite interesting."

The speak hushed when Patrick Connelly burst in. The underboss rarely visited the speak himself. Something had to be wrong. He strode up to the bar and spoke without preamble. "Evelyn, have you seen Caitlin in the past week?"

9/26/2011 #96
Danielle Thamasa

Evi turned to face her brother. "No, I have not. But I can tell you that she has not slept in her bed, nor has she used any of her things in the bathroom. Face it, she ran off." She paused for a moment. "I think the question you need to be asking is why did she run off with Paddy? He has been missing the past week as well."

9/26/2011 #97
Maximilianus

"Oh, fuck." Patrick swore. "She's gone and fallen for that lunatic's Old Country spiel, hasn't she."

Mickey raised an eyebrow. "Old Country spiel, indeed."

9/26/2011 #98
Danielle Thamasa

"Patrick, I would not worry about it too much. Caitlin will return home. She would not turn her back on the family. Let her have her fun now and then she will be home and you can deal with the Paddy issue then."

9/26/2011 #99
Maximilianus

"Or I could make a few calls...a few people over there owe the family some favors..."

9/26/2011 #100
Danielle Thamasa

Evi shook her head. "If you do that then I can see Caitlin leaving for good. We both know that she provides a valuable service for the family. They will both be back. We can manage until then."

9/26/2011 #101
Maximilianus

"Oh, fine." Patrick huffed. Sometimes his sister's unflappable logic really pissed him off.

9/26/2011 #102
Danielle Thamasa

"Now, if that is all Patrick, I would like to get back to my drink," Evi said.

9/26/2011 #103
Maximilianus

"Well, wait a moment," Mickey said. "If he'll allow us to store a lump of coal in his sphincter the pressure might be great enough to form a diamond in a few days."

Patrick brayed sarcastic laughter and left the speak.

9/27/2011 #104
Danielle Thamasa

Evi shook her head as her brother left. "I may be cold but at least I am not like my little brother. He has had that stick in his ass for years now. I would rather be an ice queen than to behave as he does." Then she took another sip of her whiskey.

9/27/2011 #105
Maximilianus

"I hear they have a surgery to correct that condition. Or, if he so wishes, he could simply bend over and unclench." Mickey took another sip.

9/27/2011 #106
Danielle Thamasa

"He could but he won't," Evi answered before signalling Colin for another drink.

9/27/2011 #107
Maximilianus

"Such is the lot of a boy groomed for power. I imagine Philip II behaved similarly as a prince."

9/27/2011 #108
Danielle Thamasa

"I imagine so," Evelyn said. "Of course, one would have thought the grooming would have gone to our older brother, Lee."

9/27/2011 #109
Maximilianus

"Well, perhaps Patrick showed more aptitude. After all, kings have been known to bestow the crown on their favorite child, as opposed to the rightful heir by blood."

9/27/2011 #110
Danielle Thamasa

"I will admit that Patrick is a better choice than Lee, but I still think I would be the best choice. Of course my father is sometimes a little protective of the young women in our family and I am his only daughter. Again, just another example of sentiment getting in the way of decision making."

9/27/2011 #111
Maximilianus

"With all due respect, there has never been a female family bosss. The men of this business do not cater well to change." Mickey turned to Colin."Do you carry Guinness, sir?"

"'Fraid not. We get it bootleg and it's too expensive to ship."

"I see. I will have to make a few calls."

Colin's eyebrows shot up as he went to serve another customer. Make a few calls, indeed.

9/27/2011 #112
Danielle Thamasa

"I am aware of that, which is why I never pushed the issue with my father. So I will continue with my duties and do them to the best of my abilities. For now I follow my father's orders and some day, as much as I despise the thought, I will follow my little brother's orders."

9/27/2011 #113
Maximilianus

"You could always kill your brother."

9/27/2011 . Edited 9/27/2011 #114
Danielle Thamasa

Evelyn smirked. "Don't tempt me," she said. "I will admit that the thought has crossed my mind."

9/27/2011 #115
Maximilianus

"It's really a simple matter of logistics." Mickey shrugged and draine dhis third glass, waving for another.

9/27/2011 #116
Danielle Thamasa

Evi downed her drink and signalled for yet another one.

9/27/2011 #117
Maximilianus

"Well, perhaps it's more complicated." Mickey stared into his drink. "Frankly, I don't know. I am so drunk."

9/27/2011 #118
Danielle Thamasa

She looked over at him. "What's the matter, Mickey? Can't hold your liquor?"

9/27/2011 #119
Maximilianus

"Dear lady, I have had..er..."

"Nineteen," volunteered Colin.

"Thank you. Nineteen glasses this evening. How much can you hold?"

9/27/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member