Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

Various places in the city..stores, theatres, etc. May expand to more threads if needed.

2/27/2008 . Edited 2/16/2010 #1
Danielle Thamasa
Samara walked into the city, deciding to go look around at the shops.
2/27/2008 #2
Lee's ghost re-born
Aldo walked into the police station. and crossed to the chef's office and knocked on the door.
2/27/2008 #3
Danielle Thamasa
"Enter," called the chief.

((sure...I can play the cops))

2/27/2008 #4
Lee's ghost re-born
(Oh yay!)

Aldo walked in the room and glaanced. "May I sit, sir?"

2/28/2008 #5
Lee's ghost re-born
Without waiting for an answer Aldo sat down. “I’m here on behalf of the DeLuca family,” said Aldo formally. “Please epspt this is a token of friendship, and thanks for your corporation.” Aldo pulled a wad of bills and passed them over to the chief.
2/28/2008 #6
Danielle Thamasa
The cop took the wad of bills and flipped through them as if counting it all. Then he slipped the money into a drawer and nodded. "Thank you for your business."
2/28/2008 #7
Lee's ghost re-born
"And thank you for your corporation," said Aldo staning. "I look forward to a long and happy partnership." He turned, waited for a second to if the cop had more to say, and walked out really to enjoy his day.

(Where would he go next, what is there in town? Where picureshows around '24? Is there like a jazz culb or somtin? If not he could hang out with Emma awhile. :D)

2/28/2008 #8
Danielle Thamasa
The cop said nothing, just went back to his work.

-----

Samara finally walked out of the shops, her arms loaded down with bags.

((You could have Aldo be heading to a club or something and accidently run into Samara))

2/28/2008 #9
Lee's ghost re-born
Aldo walked down the street, and headed for his favorite culb.

(Okay...I know nothing about the culbs of the 20s so you'll have to tell me what they were like. If we do this iner-family romace, I want it be real ya know? No love at first sight. I guessing Aldo would know *who* she is, but not what she looks like. Should we make a new tread for the club?)

2/28/2008 #10
Danielle Thamasa
((Jazz clubs of the 20s would have been full of people looking for a good time, live Jazz music and dancing. If there was alcohol there, most of it would be under the legal limit of 1.5% alcohol. Samara has a different last name than her father so as to keep others from knowing exactly who she is. And it won't be love at first sight; trust me on that one.))

Samara started heading back off to her home, looking in her bags to make sure she had everything.

2/28/2008 #11
Danielle Thamasa
Samara took her things back home and looked at the time. Hmm...she needed something to do, and she felt like dancing. She smiled, the jazz club downtown sounded perfect.

((To Jazz Club))

2/28/2008 #12
Danielle Thamasa
((From Morgan House Speakeasy))

Will led Nat through the streets, heading to the nearest theatre.

3/25/2008 #13
Scottish Princess
Nat followed, looking around at everything. It would take her a bit to get used to the part of town where she was living now.
3/25/2008 #14
Danielle Thamasa
Will looked at her. "Are you all right?"
3/25/2008 #15
Scottish Princess
She nodded, smiling at him. "I'm fine, I'm just not used to this side of town, yet."
3/25/2008 #16
Danielle Thamasa
"Oh...well, it won't take long to get used to it. It's rather nice over here and pretty much everyone knows everyone else."
3/25/2008 #17
Scottish Princess
"I'm sure it won't." She smiled as she listened. "That sounds really nice."
3/25/2008 #18
Danielle Thamasa
"It is. Maybe you'll get to meet some of them later."
3/25/2008 #19
Scottish Princess
"I'm sure I will."
3/25/2008 #20
Danielle Thamasa
Then they reached the theatre. "Well, here we are," he said, looking up to see what was playing that evening.

((no idea what movie could be playing. we could either search on-line for a movie that came out during that time or just make one up))

3/25/2008 #21
Scottish Princess
((making one up sounds fine to me! lol))

She looked up, scanning the marquee and trying to find something that sounded interesting.

3/25/2008 #22
Danielle Thamasa
Will looked up. "It looks like it's a double feature tonight," he commented. "A Love Story and A Midsummer Night's Dream."
3/25/2008 #23
Lee's ghost re-born
(A Midsummer Night's Dream? Most confussing play ever!)
3/25/2008 #24
Scottish Princess
She chewed on her lip, "Which one do you want to see?"

((double feature just means that they're showing two different movies, right?))

3/25/2008 #25
Danielle Thamasa
((Correct))

"Well, we pay for both of them so we might as well watch both," he answered. "Well, that is if you want to anyway."

3/25/2008 #26
Scottish Princess
"Of course, I think it'd be fun!"
3/25/2008 #27
Danielle Thamasa
Will nodded. "All right, well the movies start in a little over an hour," he said. "Are you hungry?"
3/25/2008 #28
Scottish Princess
"Yes, actually, I am." she paused and looked at him, "And you haven't eaten hardly anything at all today, have you?"
3/25/2008 #29
Danielle Thamasa
Will shook his head. "Not since breakfast," he answered. "Come on, there's a really nice cafe down the street. We'll get something to eat first."
3/25/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member