Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

Gemma looked over at him. "Do you want to leave?" she asked softly, noting how tightly he was gripping her hand.

4/18/2009 #451
Lee's ghost re-born

"No, " he said barely, you wanna see the end right?"

4/18/2009 #452
Danielle Thamasa

"Not if you're scared of this."

4/18/2009 #453
Lee's ghost re-born

"Ok," he said taking her hand.

(Where do you see them going plotwise?)

4/18/2009 #454
Danielle Thamasa

She stood up. "Come on. Let's go for a walk in the park."

((We'll just see what happens))

4/18/2009 #455
Lee's ghost re-born

He nodded.

(To park.)

4/18/2009 #456
The Star Catcher

"That writer sure loves the idea of love at first sight," commented Warren. "Admittedly I haven't read all of his works, but the ones I've seen so far that were romantic...relationships definitely moved a lot faster."

"Is that a bad thing?" Bridget asked.

9/10/2009 #457
Phoebe Powers

Lillian smiled. "No, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think love can come upon you quickly and then depending on what kind of person you are, you can act on that feeling or repress it and let the relationship grow slowly."

9/10/2009 #458
The Star Catcher

"I just want to know what caused them to love each other in one second flat," Warren said. "You can't tell exactly how someone is like by looking at them. All you can tell is how they look. That's all they know when they 'fall in love at first sight.'"

9/12/2009 #459
Phoebe Powers

"I think they were attracted to each other at first sight but it was not until they danced and spoke a few moments that it became something more."

9/12/2009 #460
The Star Catcher

"Something much, much more in a short time," Warren added. "They're different from other people, of course. I mean, you and I have talked a bit, and we're not desperately in love and willing to kill ourselves for each other, right?"

9/14/2009 #461
Phoebe Powers

Lillian glanced over at Warren. "I agree that they are different from other people. Besides, Juliet was only fourteen years old when she met Romeo. At that time, getting married so young was normal but I think that young girls have always been susceptible to the idea of an epic romance. Now, if they had been a few years older, it may not have had the same effect. Besides, the only reason they both died was because Friar Lawrence's messenger did not tell Romeo of what was going on so he actually believed Juliet to be dead. If he had known what was going on then he would have been there when Juliet woke up and there is a chance that they would have had a nice life together."

9/15/2009 #462
The Star Catcher

"Thirteen years old," Warren couldn't help but correct, emphasizing the young and naive age. "Perhaps they might have, unless Romeo meets another pretty girl and change heart like he did with Rosaline," he joked.

9/17/2009 #463
Phoebe Powers

"She was two weeks away from her fourteenth birthday," Lillian commented. "Nurse says so in Act I Scene 3. Juliet was born on Lammastide, which is August first."

((Coincidentally enough, Juliet and I share a birthday.))

9/17/2009 #464
Phoebe Powers

((From Jazz Club))

They walked out of the Jazz Club and Alice looked over at Joe. "I only live a few blocks away."

1/21/2010 #465
J.A. Fletcher

"That's good." Joe said. "Did too much footwork today. So how do you like this town?"

1/21/2010 #466
Phoebe Powers

"I really like it, but I guess since I've lived here my whole life I would answer that way. I like the history of it."

1/21/2010 #467
J.A. Fletcher

"Interesting history." Joe said. "You know, a few of my ancestors fought in the revolution."

1/21/2010 #468
Phoebe Powers

Alice smiled. "Really? That's very interesting. I'd certainly like to hear more about that some time."

1/21/2010 #469
J.A. Fletcher

((Tell me when we're near Alice's house.))

"It is a very interesting tale." Joe replied. "That was mostly what prompted me to join the Legion. Honor, and fame-hell, hoping to be among them as a legend in my family." He nodded his head. "I got it, but, sometimes, I wish I hadn't."

1/21/2010 #470
Phoebe Powers

((Probably in a couple more posts))

She looked over at him. "Why do you wish you hadn't?" she asked, genuinely interested in the subject. Perhaps it was because she was a nurse but she liked to get to know people, to hear their life's story.

1/21/2010 #471
J.A. Fletcher

"The Croix de Guerre doesn't seem like such an award when all of the consequences come into play." Joe replied. "I saw thirty-seven of my fellow Legionaires massacred at Fort de Fleur."

1/22/2010 #472
Phoebe Powers

Alice nodded. "I guess I can understand why you feel that way. I can't imagine what it would be like to see people, friends even, killed like that."

1/22/2010 #473
J.A. Fletcher

"They weren't friends. They were brothers." Joe wanted to change the subject. "So what are your plans for the future?"

1/22/2010 #474
Phoebe Powers

Alice let out a deep breath as she thought about it. "I haven't really thought too much on it. Most of the time I'm so busy with work that I can't do anything else. I mean, I guess like any other young woman I'd like to eventually get married and have a family, but for right now I'm just trying to save up some money for any future plans."

1/23/2010 #475
J.A. Fletcher

"Boy, Alice, I think I'm starting to like you more and more."

1/23/2010 #476
Phoebe Powers

Alice smiled and looked over at him. "Really? And why is that?" They were only a few buildings away from the apartment building where she was now living.

1/24/2010 #477
J.A. Fletcher

"You're easier to talk to than most dames-er-girls."

1/25/2010 #478
Phoebe Powers

Alice chuckled slightly. "I guess it is a skill that has proved useful at the hospital."

1/25/2010 #479
J.A. Fletcher

"When I get shot on a case, I'll know who to ask for at the hospital."

1/26/2010 #480
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member