Speak Easy
1920s America...where the gin joints were underground, the liquor was fine, women enjoyed life, and organized crime was born.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Danielle Thamasa

Jazz clubs of the 20s would have been full of people looking for a good time, live Jazz music and dancing. If there was alcohol there, most of it would be under the legal limit of 1.5% alcohol. If they did serve anything else then it was hidden...aka, like a speakeasy.

This particular Jazz club has comfortable seating, warm lighting and a hearty atmosphere, the sounds of Jazz music coming from a small stage in one of the front corners. Tables and booths scattered throughout and a decent size kitchen for snacks and small meals.

The barkeep for this establishment is Mr. Murphy, who is also the owner.

2/28/2008 . Edited 2/16/2010 #1
Lee's ghost re-born
(Good. I hate that stuff, its so unreal.)

Aldo walked in and ordered a drink. When he recived it, he sat down and listened to the band.

2/28/2008 #2
Danielle Thamasa
((From the City))

Samara walked into the club and looked around. Good, there were quite a few people there but not so many as to overcrowd the place. She walked over to the bar area and ordered a drink.

2/28/2008 #3
Lee's ghost re-born
Aldo waved for another drink. 'Damn near-beer!'
2/28/2008 #4
Danielle Thamasa
Samara smiled as she was given her drink. Then she reached into her clutch purse and pulled out a small flask, dumping some of its contents into the drink. She took a drink. Much better than it would have been. 1.5% alcohol wasn't nearly enough.
2/28/2008 #5
Lee's ghost re-born
Aldo saw the girl upend her flask into the drink. He smiled and walked over to her. "Least someone has good tatse around here."
2/28/2008 #6
Danielle Thamasa
Samara turned and looked at the young man. "Would you like some?" she asked, holding out the flask.
2/28/2008 #7
Lee's ghost re-born
"Why not," said Aldo holding out his glass. "Can't stand Near-beer."
2/28/2008 #8
Danielle Thamasa
"I know what you mean." She poured some into his glass then covered the flask and put it back in her clutch.
2/28/2008 #9
Lee's ghost re-born
"Thanks," he said downing the glass. "Can I ge you another?"
2/28/2008 #10
Danielle Thamasa
She smiled. "Sure ya can." Samara turned to the barkeep. "Murphy another round...and the good stuff if you would."

Mr. Murphy looked at her for a moment then nodded, glancing around to make sure no one was watching before he grabbed an unlabeled bottle hidden in a secret shelf under the bar. Then he poured two glasses and quickly put the bottle away.

2/28/2008 #11
Lee's ghost re-born
Aldo paid and took his drink. "I'm Aldo by the way."
2/28/2008 #12
Danielle Thamasa
Samara smiled and held out her hand. "Sammy."
2/28/2008 #13
Lee's ghost re-born
Aldo took it. "Nice to meet you."
2/28/2008 #14
Danielle Thamasa
"It is nice to meet you as well," she answered before she took a sip of her drink.
2/28/2008 #15
Lee's ghost re-born
He noded. "What brigs you here."
2/28/2008 #16
Danielle Thamasa
She nodded over towards where the band was playing. "The music and the atmosphere this place has. I could find better drinks elsewhere." She smiled. "You?"
2/28/2008 #17
Lee's ghost re-born
"Same I guss."
2/28/2008 #18
Danielle Thamasa
Samara smirked an one eyebrow raised. "You guess? Meaning you don't know for sure why you're here?"
2/28/2008 #19
Lee's ghost re-born
He serched for a reason. "Just killin' time."
2/28/2008 #20
Danielle Thamasa
"Ah...all right then," she answered, sipping her drink some more.
2/28/2008 #21
Lee's ghost re-born
"And where can you get a better drink?" he asked staring down into his glass with distase.
2/28/2008 #22
Danielle Thamasa
She looked at him for a moment. "At the Morgan home a few blocks away," she answered.
2/28/2008 #23
Lee's ghost re-born
Hm..never been there," he comented. "Is it worth it?"
2/28/2008 #24
Danielle Thamasa
"Of course it is worth it. The Morgan's is where I usually go."
2/28/2008 #25
Lee's ghost re-born
Maybe...I'll have to stop by sometime."
2/28/2008 #26
Danielle Thamasa
Samara grinned. "You should. It's a great place."
2/28/2008 #27
Lee's ghost re-born
"Huh," he said. "I think I will now."
2/28/2008 #28
Danielle Thamasa
Samara looked around the club...and that's when she noticed the musicians stepping down for their break. Great...she had come here to dance and there wasn't going to be music anymore.

She looked back over at Aldo. "I think you'll like it at the Morgan's."

2/28/2008 #29
Lee's ghost re-born
"Yeah?" he asked. "Maye I'll head there now. Can you ponit me in the right direction."
2/28/2008 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Danielle Thamasa Phoebe Powers
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member